Gentlemen and "ladies" of Veeky Forums, behold--my shitty compilation of the hardest English novels...

Gentlemen and "ladies" of Veeky Forums, behold--my shitty compilation of the hardest English novels. Cower before the complexity and the sophistication of these works, and relinquish all hopes of reading them.

>pale fire

lmao

>comic sans

Really no Infinite jest? Are you saying that to make yourself sound smarter or admitting to us you cant read?

Couldn't understand it, huh? That's okay, kid. You can always go play videogames.

Finnegans Wake isn't hard, it's just purposefully incoherent for the sake of it.

GR is as hard as my poo after I eat Indian.

It just takes patience.

"The musicality of it," somebody would say, and I'd say, "Oh God, yes, it's like Beethoven."

Remember, user, what it's all about: First of all, be yourself. Second of all, put one foot in front of the other. And lastly, just do it for crying out loud, time's a wastin'!

one of the worst charts i've seen on Veeky Forums, and thats saying something

>Gravity's Rainbow

You do realize that when people say it's hard they are make a dick joke, right?

>20whatever
>Trying this hard

The Sot Weed Factor is not hard by any measure. I guess it's long, but then where is War & Peace? Pale Fire and The Public Burning are very out of place here too.

I don't know if you are just posting books by the usual gang of 'postmodernists' but this chart is not very accurate . . . (or useful ... )

>reading books because they are hard

nobody is getting wet when you wave these covers around on the bus

Except maybe Pynchon himself

>all that trash
Fucking hate plebs

Darconville's Cat is not hard at all, struggling to see how you'd put this here if you'd even so much as glanced at a few pages of it.

Infinite Jest definitely isn't hard, it's just long

Is The Recognitions hard? Because I'm reading it and loving it so far. Maybe I'm just smarter than all of you.

>War and Peace
>Hardest English books

Do you have a sub-120 iq?

>reading for girls

I am saying if Sot Weed Factor is to be considered hard, a book which only might be due to length, War & Peace should as well.

Pic related is harder than half the books posted. OP clearly doesn't know his shit.

It's purposefully obscure, not incoherent. Joyce intended many meanings, just not for people to necessarily understand them

Also, Barth isn't especially difficult, not a bad thing though

>sot-weed factor
>difficult
no.

>Milkbottle H
did you just see that book posted on one of those "obscure books" threads and not actually read it? because I think you did

I wanna read Stoner

is it hard

NO
NO
NO
NO

In what way is The Beetle Leg difficult?

SURE?
SURE?
SURE?
SURE?

OK SO I WILL READ IT. THANKS

All of these lists and trilogies overlook Musil and Proust, which largely invalidates them.

The Origin of German Tragic Drama is the most esoteric shit I've ever seen, I can see how Adorno and Panofsky failed his PhD.

Speaking of Panofsky, Aby Warburg is just bananas.

Both are german tho

Speaking of Germany, you'd think everyone posting here has never heard of Arno Schmidt. If the translation of Bottom's Dream doesn't shake up the meme trilogy type bs, there is no justice.

whats so hard about Pale Fire?

Nothing at all. Though, imo, Ada is better.

its very meta

what the user is saying is that war & peace isn't an english book, user

>Proust
>English books

Why do you think Double or Nothing is hard? It's hard to get through, because the plot drags and everything's a shape poem, but it's not hard at all to understand.

Found the nerd!

>2 Gaddis
>2 Joyce
:)