I'm 22, fucked up and going to college this year, have a lot of working experience since I was 18...

I'm 22, fucked up and going to college this year, have a lot of working experience since I was 18, never had any drug habit, am Veeky Forums but absolutely demoralized.

My peers are finishing school or having steady jobs already, while I wagecuck, didn't manage to save up and am now trying to flip it around.

There are 2 things fucking my mind up:

1.) When I was 16-18, I had big expectations of myself before I hit 21 and I did nothing

2.) Other people seeing me as a failure, even though I clearly was misguided and took wrong paths down the road

I know there are 30 year olds wishing they were me, but what would your outlook be on my place? I try to make everyday better and learn, so I don't put my time to waste and just enjoy being productive and putting these burdens on the side. I work 50 hours per week and other is basically learning/training/sleeping.

Can anyone give me their experience of sucking it up after failing? I have nobody to talk to, a lot of friends, but not real friends, father broke up with mom when I was young and I was raised by a depressed stupid poor single mom that has never been happy through out my childhood and can only remember misery and stupidity and how it killed me, since I was 'smart' and rational in school.

>still living with mom so I can save up more on expenses and move out this year to go to college

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ahbqqo2q6fo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Holy shit, this is literally me except I got married, and now I’m living with my breadwinner wife.

Read books.

Nigger what the fuck are you even bitching about?

You have 4 years of experience... use that to leverage a job after you graduate?

I hope you at least did 4 years of some decent grunt work and weren't just working at burger king the entire time

Tbh man from my experience, it’s just easier to suck it up and just continue going on. I’ve failed quite a bit in life, but giving up at this young age isn’t worth it. Plus I know tons of people that got the wrong degree and now regret going to school. Do you have discord?

I would never get married so young. I was in 2 strong relationships in past 4 years and it has its pros, but I just figured out it was waste of money/energy.

After 4 years of relationships, I see women truly are nothing but possesive, attention whoring creatures that are sustained by your money and financial status.

So right now I'm just gonna build my financial freedom up to 30 years old and then find some qt 20 year old from college that is finishing her degree and comes from conservative/good family, where parents will be happy that she found someone that has stable and strong life and went through shit and learned from experience. This is what good/conservative/rich parents want for their over protective daughters (believe me, had such gf, but I knew it won't last).

so yeah, most women are complete waste of your resources/time/energy in my eyes, unless you are loaded with money and have good carrer, where you can give her attention and love her, since you have all the time in the world.

Well I did various smaller jobs, but currently wage cucking as student. These are however experiences that I can list in my resume, as they pile up to thousands of work hours, but still.. it's not something one would really be proud of, since they are more of a student type of jobs than real jobs. I mean, currently I'm putting in 50 hours per week at a manufacturing comapny doing brain dead physically heavy job, that most of the snowflakes I know wouldn't even be able to do for 4 hours straight probably. Let alone 50 hours peer week of it.

Yes, please leave your link here. Either way, I don't have much time per day, since I try to be as productive, but this minor depression and questions that I go through on daily basis put me to pause sometimes and I have to get it out.

Phew lad, not all women are like that I promsie. BUT, logically it’s on your best interests to continue in the path your in. Do you go on Facebook a lot by any chance

My discord is Pixel#2321

>be me
>be 19
>work for t1 OEM automotive supplier
>be assembly worker
>don't know what I want to do with life, just wanted my own place and this job provided me with the average joe lifestyle
>be 22 start thinking about how I want to be an engineer at my company
>work full time and take classes doing associates in engineering
>half way done
>tech job opens up
>boss was super excited to interview me
>got tech job easy
>finishing a.s.
>maybe do bs but will take a long time working full time, talking about 10 years
>doing better than 95% of the people I graduated with

yes it was so great for them to get a degree in liberal arts and get a job that pays as much or less than a manufacturing job

I don't know if I'll be an engineer, but I'll be able to make six figures easily if I work the overtime.

You're not a failure you're just autistic. It's not about the destination, it's about the journey. You could die tomorrow in an accident.

I try to read literature and analysis books of those books to get in depth understanding and explanation of them also. But you see, I have 4-5 hours of free time per day, it's not much I can do and sometimes I feel I'd just rather focus on learning material for college that I'm going to this year.

I still enjoy literature and writting on my own, but I do feel it's waste of time usually, even though reading makes me happy and there's always something new to learn. Be it a word, or just explanation of certain character/situation/object that you couldn't find words for previously to explain in simple and effective manner.

Nice user I’m happy for you.

My point is, I still don't understand what you're bitching about

You have no debt from uni and the maturity of your age. Stop comparing yourself to others

Step 1: fuck what anyone else thinks cunt
Step 2: do what you need to do to get where you want to be and dont worry about anything else
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

I actually went to a 'hard' high school, where 'smarter' people go to after elementary school (since you need good grades to get into them anyway). I applied to that high school, because I thought being an architect in life would be cool, so the best foundation was that high school I went to. I studied engineering and constructions for about 4 years in high school, so I know a fair bit about that. But after time I just started hating it more and more. Partly due to things getting harder, partly due to me being a 17 year old kid with no outlook on life and what it means to put in the work. But whatever, I mean, looking back I don't really know how I could of gotten a better perspective on life given how things were and circumstances I came from.

I thought you were op didn't look at ID

can't add you, you have it disabled

Exactly, I'm aware of how lucky I still am. But I fucked up pretty hard for last 4 years being impatient, trying to do things too fast and burned myself out. Sometimes I still feel like I haven't learned anything from my mistakes, yet I know I tried my best.

Sure I see from that point of view, but Jesus Christ was my 18-20 years was just literally fail city. I’m hella jaded now, and I guess I’m in the same boat as op in that when I was 14-18 I had some pretty big expectations of myself, and I’ve failed to meet them.

Try again op I fixed the settings

So what do you want to do? You work in manufacturing, are you a temp? Ask to get a meeting with a department you're interested in. Manufacturing has opportunities in nearly every field, so pick one, and leverage yourself into that dept and go from there

stop overthinking it then you autist.

get over it? failure is the best learning experience now get to work goy

Seriously age does not matter unless you're like 60-70+ or some shit. I legit don't know what you are worried about. Getting young pussy? It's easy to get a 20 year old piece of ass until you're probably like 35

I guess I'm bitching about having it tough, there comes a month or two where things actually start to look really good and I get really nice momentum in life and everything goes alright.. but then something happens along the way or I go out or w/e and I just fuck all the work up and the momentum I built for last 2 months.

I don't know, most people I know just never had to worry and somehow have this stress free life, but I feel like I have a ton of things on my shoulders and back I have to carry ever since my parents broke up. And they keep piling up with each wrong step I make.

yeah we're all jealous of yuppies it is what it is. If you didn't experience the life you had then you wouldn't be who you are

so it is what it is. You can't change the past but you can change the future. I'm done with the arm chair therapy though so good luck mate I gave you the direction you need to make something out of yourself but you alone carry the keys to your destiny

youtu.be/ahbqqo2q6fo

Are you 22 as well

Yeah, sometimes I feel like I need a father that'd just give me a pat on the back and say it's all going to be alright and really mean it.

I know it's weird, but, never had such a person. Not even gf's did it for me.

It's normal to feel this way at your age. I presume you've come here for validation. Once you're finished with ruminating and self-reflecting, try to limit negative thoughts from your mind, implement a structure which will allow you to achieve your goals and just go for it!! Keep in mind that your brain is still developing until you're 25, so you're more likely to be weighed down with neuroticism before reaching this age. Visualize it this way, and try to disconnect from your negative thoughts and keep going for it, son. You'll do just fine.

Wait , no troll will heavy booze drinking fuck up my brain then? I’m 22 btw

Op, I was once you and got humbled and had to swallow my pride. Thing is, you are looking at what other people think of you while you should solely use this time to focus on yourself. I have learned people don't care or will ever understand your journey, only the result. You are a few years behind your friends so you need to outwork your competition to make up for it. Also in the grand scheme of things, 4 years behind is nothing when you have a 60 -year career in front of you. So keep grinding hard every day, build a routine and I can promise you, you will be better off than you are now

Anyway OP you will only get as far as your attitude will take you. Remember that

You anons are literally the best, sometimes this board gets hyper austismo but y’all get nice sometimes

Just stop thinking about what others think. You're doing this for yourself. Or think about it, but in a way that motivates you, show them they're wrong.

I've no doubt done some damage to my brain from heavy drinking throughout my teen years and early 20s. My recommendation is that you drink moderately, or at least research the effects that it can have. Keep in mind that 25 is the age at which there is less danger associating with drinking and smoke weed if that's what you're into. Think hard about it beforehand though. If you start implementing good structures, and setting your sights on goals that you wanna achieve now, you'll do well, user. You're young asf.

I wish this was a more supportive board for us young guys who just wanna make it and buy an Asian waifu, bruh.

if you worry about what others think about you, you arent being very manly.

Thanks user. It’s 2am where I live so ima go to sleep. Your words mean a lot to me though I hope you know that. Your a good person, thanks for sharing your wisdom. Alright ima go to sleep, I hope everything goes well for you!!!

Wait if you want a asain waifu I can help u out, i married one myself. You need any tips

trust me, if you have already a working experience at 22 and in college you're already better off than at least 50% of your peers
i'm that 50% kek

I had this hurdle. Too self aware, but in the wrong way. Not sure who or why you are here. Not sure what path to take. This cannot be resolved with a completely 'normal' state of consciousness.
Smoke, vape a a little reefer in a comfy, familiar environment on your own and your brain will hand you ALL the answers. As you will be forced to confront these questions.
Worked for me down the line, sorted my shit out, could not be better...besides spending way too much time posting link fud on user image boards ;)

Don't bitch. I have a Master in Accounting and can't work due to my PTSD

>22
Most people won't even consider you an actual adult yet. You've got 3 solid years before anyone even starts to care that you haven't stopped living purely hedonistically.

>my experience
There really was no "sucking it up." I lost my job and ability to work in my previous career entirely. I'm stuck working basic minimum wage jobs, down from close to mid-high 5-figure specialized roles, while I go back to school to start over again, at 27. I was stressed while I was unemployed, but as soon as I found employment, I was over that.

Just stay focused. Fuck what other people think about you, unless they've got some kind of resource or influence you can make use of. Get over missing out on how you used to dream, either by making new dreams or realizing that even postponing realizing those old dreams until you're 60 means you've still accomplished something most people won't in their entire life.

If you want friends, learn to develop yourself into the kind of person that other people want to be friends with. Be open minded, don't be a total pushover but never be argumentative about opinions, don't act like you know better than other people, and occasionally go out of your way to help people when it is of no benefit to you or actually nets you a loss. Ask people for favors, and thank them wholeheartedly after they've tried their best or when they complete them. Learn to support other people, not by telling them how you think a better way for a thing to be done is, but by telling them simple shit like, "I'm hoping for the best/praying for you," or "You do great work around here; thanks for making this situation/job/class environment easier." This shit goes a long way to improve your social relationships, and actually makes you less depressed while you're doing it.

The biggest thing is to move on past this idea that you need to be successful in your 20's. Many successful people don't make gains until their 30's or later; you've got plenty of time.

also your frontal cortex is not fully developed until approx 25 yrs of age... that makes a biiiiiggg difference with this kinda stuff.
come back and see us then if the weed doesn't help in the meanwhile

22 is literally nothing holy shit get some perspective

OP has;
>years of work experience
>some friends
>money
>fit body
>still crying like a lil bitch

wow, absolute state of Veeky Forums, grow up and stop comparing yourself to others like a fuckin turbo sheep.

>Other people seeing me as a failure
As long as you keep thinking this matters, you won't get anywhere.

Successful people don't have spare fucks for what people think.

You are what is called a self-defeatest. You're setting yourself up to standards you'll guarantee fail. You've had 40 years - what the fuck are you waiting for? Permission? Go fucking DO something, then come back and talk, not whine like a little bitch.

You haven't failed. You haven't even TRIED yet. Go TRY, and then maybe we can talk.

This. 22 is nothing, you can still do damn near anything you want

>don't know, most people I know just never had to worry and somehow have this stress free life, but I feel like I have a ton of things on my shoulders and back I have to carry ever since my parents broke up.
No, that's pretty much everyone. You're not a special snowflake. Welcome to the real world, where you have to work for what you want, just like everyone else does. Get busy and shut the fuck up.

>Most people won't even consider you an actual adult yet.
Most people don't start their real career until around 30.

>money I can't spend

>fit body = I train so I don't go insane and see it as form of relaxation, since that's all I got left

>>tips fedora

Get a real women that betters you and that you work with together to improve both your lives.

I've been in relationships for 4 years total with 2 different women and before that had countless women, not sure who you are tipping fedora to.

You literally just ranted like an /r9k/ incel faggot. If you REALLY had any experience with women, not just little SJW whores at your libtard school you'd know how wrong you are.

Grow some balls. That's my advice you fucking 22 year old manchild. Learn to hustle, there's a thousands ways to make money in this world. Aw....all your friends are wagecucking for Mr. Shecklestein.....baw poor you.

You're the one who has no clear experience. Shut the fuck up cunt

As for you OP, you better learn how to turn the little money you have into thousands. Many people have turned hundreds of dollars to hundreds of thousands through cryptocurrency. You don't want to miss out on the next bullrun in Q2

> le qt 3.14 Asian

Asian women ( apart from most honorary Aryans) are shit tier. Especially Chinese women who the most shallow of them all and only care about money.
( If you're one of these races no problem) The other Asian peoples are ugry and stupid.
Enjoy your self-loathing children who find it hard to associate with any culture and will resent you most of their lives.
For more evidence see r/happs on plebbit.

I was 21 in first year, it was awesome. Just take care of your skin stay hydrated.

Yep been to plebit r/happa and the amount of butt-hurt is quite big there. It's like an army of elliot rogers.

22 isn't too old at all man. I'm 25 and going to uni for the first time in the fall when I'll be 26 because of bad health problems. Everyone goes through their own shit at their own time. As long as you're actively improving and moving forward you have a leg up on a lot of the competition. Try to not compare yourself to others and instead compare yourself to you yesterday. Be better than you were yesterday every day and you'll do okay. Just figure out what's important to you and pursue it relentlessly.

Whatever age you expect to accomplish something, just add 5 years to it. Young people are terrible at predicting how long something will take. I know this because most things in my life took longer than I wanted/expected to, on average 5 years longer.

You still have time, chill out.

>Raised by abusive single mother.
>Never developed concept of relying on parents or others.
>Now have unshakeable faith in my own abilities after dealing with all problems by myself.

Make the most of your situation, people who had easy life will have to start the same journey when they are mid 20s. Think of it as head start.