Weird fruit

These bloody things actually taste like cotton candy. I bought them expecting them to be slightly sweeter than normal grapes, but no. They taste artificial as fuck.

What kind of genetic tomfoolery is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/08/05/209222126/the-cotton-candy-grape-a-sweet-spin-on-designer-fruit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Isn't cotton candy just made from purr sugar and food coloring?

They spray an additive on them, just like "Grapples".

They could just be freeze dried, like the grapes they use for "fake" ice wine.

Nope, it has artificial flavors added. Without that it would taste just like sugar. You can buy all sorts of them. Google "floss sugar"

Wait until you try strawberry flavoured grapes.

They're not freeze dried. They have the texture of normal fresh grapes.

The company who did the cross breeding says otherwise.

npr.org/sections/thesalt/2013/08/05/209222126/the-cotton-candy-grape-a-sweet-spin-on-designer-fruit

Apparently they just bred out some of the acidity and found a way to breed in some vanilla flavour.

Thanks for the link. Well, they did a rather good job. They were the most expensive grapes I've ever bought, but it was an interesting experience.

>The company who did the cross breeding says otherwise.

Your reading comprehension is really really bad.

I started a 'did you know there's cotton candy grapes now' conversation with my mum, turned out my sister had bought some and we had some in the fridge. You can definitely taste the vanilla

you're eating sugar bombs. just down some aspartame if you want sweetness to bad. save your teeth.

you realize they don't add any extra sugar or flavoring right?

they are fucking grapes

Every grape is a sugar bomb.

You do realize your body runs off of sugar, right?

>just down some aspartame
So your defence against tooth decay is cancer? Why didn't I think of that?

So we should all just drink 2-liters of mountain dew and nothing else?

Fuck off you faux yank twat.

I hate Sainsburys. Waitrose prices, Tesco quality.

It's not waitrose prices though, it's a lot less. You are probably northern and/or have been to neither waitrose or sainsburys in the last 10 years

>Northerner
Yes, I am. I live right next to a Sainsbury's and pretty much nothing else in a 20 minute radius, so I'm forced to do most of my daily shop there. I used to live next to Waitrose, who I can now only shop from in the weekends.

It's more like you hasn't been to Waitrose in years, it's a lot cheaper than you think and has many things cheaper or for the same price as Tesco/Morrison's.

To be frank with you senpai, all of these are crap and we have to put up with them due to time restraints. I prefer to get all the standardised stuff you don't care about like toilet paper, cleaning shit, cereal etc. from places like Home Bargains or Lidl and use the savings to buy from patrician places like a top-tier butcher and fishmonger, an organic greengrocer, cheese from a proper cheese shop and an actual deli.

>all this sainsbury's v waitrose v tesco bullshit going on ITT
>not shopping at superior valco
Serves you right.

>Not flying Flylo

The snozzberries taste like snozzberries

Snozzberry = penis, look it up.

Asdas special black grapes are godlike

You do realize most carbohydrates in food get converted to glucose/sugar, right?

wtf I love GMOs now