Daily reminder that once AI singularity happens everybody will be left much poorer than rich people

daily reminder that once AI singularity happens everybody will be left much poorer than rich people

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/paul-ratner/microsoft-predicts-everyone-will-soon-have-an-ai-second-self-to-boost-intelligence
technologyreview.com/s/609804/a-startup-uses-quantum-computing-to-boost-machine-learning/
barrons.com/articles/microsoft-we-have-the-qubits-you-want-1519434417
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The 144,000

soon

Daily reminder that the pitchforks and torches are coming

>AI singularity
Never going to happen. Sorry user.

>>Never going to happen. Sorry user.
>he hasn't been keeping up on AI developments

>bigthink.com/paul-ratner/microsoft-predicts-everyone-will-soon-have-an-ai-second-self-to-boost-intelligence

I hope you all are hoarding money for the upcoming technological revolution

Hope your pitchforks can reach kill drones and remote controlled tanks

AI is a buzzword. I work for MS and we all know it, even though upper leadership is pushing it hard. General AI/consciousness is at least 3 decades out. No neural or genetic algorithm has been shown to work outside the problem it was programmed against. Nothing that outputs code, except some very limited functional programming which is more discovering algebraic formulas than code.

The thing is General AI IS the singularity, past that technological research and computation just increases exponentially, especially since Quantum computing technology will become much more fleshed out by then (solves the scaling problem). Not to mention the ramp up to general AI will be immensely disruptive too. I give 20 years TOPS for people to accrue enough capital to survive this.

technologyreview.com/s/609804/a-startup-uses-quantum-computing-to-boost-machine-learning/
barrons.com/articles/microsoft-we-have-the-qubits-you-want-1519434417

machine translation?
I'm about to learn japanese, guess i need to wait for awhile..

>thinks that Jewish elite murdering nobles has anything to do with the working class

the chart was made in 2010, so theres some leeway given in the dates.

bump

This picture is why no matter how bad inequality gets, I don't give a fuck because of how dumb poor people really all. As long as I am never homeless and can afford the television to watch all the poor commies get eternally rekt I am happy.

I can tell by your sentence structure you have no idea what you're talking about. The singularity will occur when machines self-optimise outside of the initial dataset, in other words all machine learning today basically operates via game theory. A problem is presented and desired output is programmed, the machine then adapts it's solutions as long as more successful solutions propagate more. The problem is getting a computer that can learn a NEW dataset and then find the solution without being giving win/loss conditions.

The problem is people don't understand exponential growth is exponential until it very suddenly isn't, this is a universal principle, you suddenly have insurmountable barriers that lead to organism collapse. This is hypothesised to be one of the great 'filters'

I'm really curious how procedural storytelling is gonna happen considering 99% of all cinema and literature is already garbage to begin with.

>The problem is getting a computer that can learn a NEW dataset and then find the solution without being giving win/loss conditions.
so General AI.

>This picture is why

4 words of a fucking retard

A+ comic, saved

WHY DID THEY KILL TAY
FREE TAY
murderous thugs. FUCK MICROSOFT