What's the most unsettling book you've read?

What's the most unsettling book you've read?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3350753/Did-blind-Bulgarian-clairvoyant-predict-rise-ISIS-Nostradamus-Balkans-died-20-years-ago-said-great-Muslim-war-2016.html
fpp.co.uk/Auschwitz/docs/controversies/AnneFrank/ballpoint1080.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

American Psycho

my diary tbqh

Im looking for text that makes you feel really uneasy like something is very wrong

Babyfucker

What's that about?

The most unsettling thing I think was the end of blood meridian

also this

Post the most unsettling excerpt.

the road is without a doubt the most unselting book there is

The Holy Bible

Beat me to it by 4 minutes

Les Chants de Maldoror

This fucking thing.

>tfw he carries his dead mother to bed

fucking babies

first story of Hyperion, the one with the Bikura and the cruciform
it was spooky as shit

unsettling mainly because I fapped to things I hadn't ever thought I would fap to before I picked up the book.

House of Leaves

the quran, not even memeing

i learned everything about sex and women from this bok

i even bought 1 for my friend!!!
(not a women friend)

lol

whats this about

reich is a meme, ignore him

female offering event on Blindness

>female offering event on Blindness

i tried to google it and it was the first link that i got

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3350753/Did-blind-Bulgarian-clairvoyant-predict-rise-ISIS-Nostradamus-Balkans-died-20-years-ago-said-great-Muslim-war-2016.html

Lolita.
It made me question my sexual preference, I'm not even into little girls.

I've seen the movie.

It's a certain scene/passage in the novel "Blindness" by Jose Saramago

during an apocalyptic event one group of survivors gets the upper hand over several others. First they demand money and valuables. When those are exhausted they demand sex from the women. The husbands and relatives can't do a thing about it.

/adv/ posts, I'm not even joking.

Those are the Elliot Rogers of the future, it starts like that.

Requiem for a Dream and Last Exit to Brooklyn is a close second. Selby was a fucking master of raw psychological horror and gritty urban realism.

So true my good gent[le]sir! What say you we return to the euphoric realm of reddit and discuss rationality, science, and beauteous m'ladies?

well tbqh the bible is unsettling in some ways.

song of solomon for example.

what do you think ?

why, they gave him reasonable advice

>Obviously dont tell her opie you idiot. Don't tell anyone ever and hope she is too dumb to put 2 and 2 together. If she asks you could say you seen a stray dog wandering around and it might have got attacked or something. Just dont kill anymore animals or humans, its not nice.

that's basically what i wanted to say too

Half of the other brick is in her yard. Everyone's been omitting this.

And I thought I was bad at logic.

Also blood on the brick..... ffs

The Tunnel

so what? i actually would suggest him to say that he simply didn't know anything without inventing any dogs

as for the brick

>Then the Lord said to Cain, “Where is Abel your brother?” He said, “I do not know. Am I my brother's keeper?

is he a keeper of the brick? he don't know anything, the burden of proof isn't on him

Notes From Underground

reddit: the book

The Trial was pretty fucking unnerving

>I have never read Bernard of Clairvaux
>the post

the fact that anyone actually takes it seriously is pretty unsetting imho :P

Alright I've never posted here before so I'm probably gonna get ass-blasted for this but

Either House Of Leaves or John Dies At The End

>reddit has heard of Gass
lol. If you're lucky the most demanding writer redditors have heard of is PKD maybe.

Infinite Jest, in hindsight. Johnny Gentle is Donald Trump

That's not how people work though. She never has to prove it, just "know" it internally. Which could lead to nothing or people raping his mum. Who knows?

berensteins fucked me up pretty hard

Books have never unsettled me. They're just fiction. Even the supposed non-fictions.

ayy lmao

fuckin loO

The Protocols of the Meetings of the Learned Elders of Zion

lifelong virginity

Mencius Moldbug's An Open Letter to Open-Minded Progressives, How Dawkins got Pwned, and A Gentle Introduction to Unqualified Reservations

Breddy sure you guys have read those already, though.

who was the original guy before they shopped bowies face?

oh, a lot of diaries are about it

btw the diary of anne frank is about a lifelong virginity too... hm, do you begin your diary entries something like she did: 'dear kitty! ... ' it was the cutest part about her diary imo

It was penned by her father after the war Just picture some scheming fat man capitalizing on his daughter's death by selling it to gullible rubes.

fpp.co.uk/Auschwitz/docs/controversies/AnneFrank/ballpoint1080.html

i love the book cover, it's hilarious

Lovecraft in general when I was a kid.
Otherwise, not much really

Hogg.

>That ending realization.
>The real monster is...

LIKE A DOG.

The King in Yellow

The ending is pretty fucking unsettling

One particular story in Songs of a Dead Dreamer by Ligotti is pretty unsettling. I think it was called Dr. Voke and Mr. Veech, or something like that. Really unnerving stuff. There was another story in Teatro Grottesco that unsettled me quite a bit as well, though the name escapes me.

gay

>The Complete Short Stories of Franz Kafka
It unsettled me because some of the stories made me want to kill myself.

I thought it was a weirdly distorted Mickey Mouse from the thumbline

Book of Lies

I read this too, although young enough to where it didn't bother me so much. Insight into permavirgin despair.

I second the realness of Requiem. That shit became such a tedious read, you were physically effected by it's drone

was told to read

Quran tbqh