Get a gf

>get a gf
>lose all interest in philosophy

Is philosophy just a way for insecure people to find ideologies that justify their failures and insecurities, giving them a way to feel superior to others despite no social proof or accomplishments proving their superiority?

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/MgHtC
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

either that or picking up a hobby to make them seem interesting to others which becomes kind of pointless once you find a nice girl

for some, for me it definitely is. Maybe some people legit like it.

yea wait till you realise any great achievement comes from some kind of trauma or maladjustment

I think userbase of this site has a lot going in that department. So what's stopping you?

This site.

Damn
This is some shit

You have no clue what philosophy is.

Philosophy doesn't invent anything, it simply gives a framework so you can think more clearly and act accordingly, whether we're speaking about politics, religion or your own behaviour. Have you ever felt you were incidentally skimming through an incredible truth without having a proper way to describe it? Philosophy prepares you to rationalize to some extend what's going on around and about you. You can still swiftly glide over it in order to pretend and compensate but… As far as I can see, people with a sincere, solid understanding are socially as successful as anyone. I have a boyfriend, a comfortable position and an healthy lifestyle, and I still like to sometimes pick a philosophy book. I can't give a fair opinion of philosophy as a college degree because most of those I knew miserably failed, but I assume it's as regular as anything else. Don't condemn it on the purpose you met some idiots.

This
I bet OP thought philosophy was smoking weed and thinking about the meaning of the Universe, maybe reading Wikipedia about how Camus thought the world was meaningless.

but that's contradictory, I think most of us here are socially disturbed.

and anything can be an excuse user, you know this better than us.

it is natural for men to crave the validation of their existence and get depressed if they fail to feel relevant, responsible.
The best way for a man to cater his need for approval is to serve some woman (and some of her children) through emotional&financial support.
Men are pleased to contribute to someone else life, to support their family.

Why women are a good way to feel relevant? Because women love to be provided for and each woman will always find a man ready to please her.
[for most men, the best feeling of feeling real is when the girl moans from your cock in her pussy]

THe problem for men is that they are disposable in the eyes of each woman, since all men wish to serve the few women who talk to them.
Men must thus invent several ways to please women, invention and creativity which strengthen their feeling of being worthy, relevant, in touch with reality.
Men are too impotent to find other way to feel real.
Once that the a woman replaces a man by another provider, the man gets very upset and depressed.
THis leads men to think that they are better than women, stronger, smarter and that they must built a life outside women. Some men manage to indeed built an empire, but they will always loos it for some women.
Women give meaning to men and betas, no matter how successful outside women, will always give up everything for some relationship with some woman who claim to fancy them.

I genuinely think of this board as the least retarded. I think most here have a decent social life and maybe even a career.

Don't reply to STEM threads.

This is a regular copy-pasta coming from a jealous Veeky Forumsfag. He's butthurt about the fact that Logic is ten times as hard as Calculus.

good point

>that Logic is ten times as hard as Calculus.
I think pretty much anything is harder than calculus m8, it's one of the easiest things to pass in STEM
I mean if you can't get past a few semesters of calculus then STEM really isn't for you

You can look at it that way.
But you found it satisying at the time. So there's that. And you'll probably look back on those realizations as Homeric tier conquests.

The fact philosophy for most men ends with women entering the picture tells us something about women too.

You are now reduced to a vegetative life of beat and pulse. It's good too. That's where all mystics wanna get.

>get a gf
>lose interest in her and break up with her
>go back to philosophy
girls at this age are fucking boring

Are STEM degrees just a way for autists to find so-called 'accomplishments' that justify their social failures and insecurities, giving them a way to feel superior to neurotypicals despite no girlfriend or social circle proving a content life?

Memorizing formulae that lets you plug-and-compute shit mindlessly like most do in their highschool trigonometry class doesn't necessarily mean you _understand_ what Calculus is about. It's when you get to Real Analysis and are asked to prove theorems (shit that you memorized but did not understand) is where someone like OP would get stuck.

At any rate, Mathematical Logic is ten times as hard as Analysis since it operates on two different levels: object and meta, the latter of which is dependent on a bunch of fields, set theory and model theory among them. It's interconnected as fuck and it takes one a while to see this.

Try doing Propositional Logic - philosophy AND calculus all at once. It is not fun.

>Sentential Logic
>hard

I have bad news. I mean, "doing" implies manipulating formulae according to the formal rules of the system: anybody with half a brain can do this. The difficulty of the subject accelerates when you're asked to prove theorems about the system (in contrast to proving theorems within the system) in question.

Anything computational is sheer rule-following and requires no creativity.

This. So much this.
I used to be such a thirsty motherfucker. And as soon as I got a gf, I barely read anything. I remember not even knowing what was going on in the world because I never watched the news again.
A girl was the thing I wanted most. As soon as I got it, all else didn't matter. Of course, I suffocated the shit out of them and no relationship worked out in the end. Making the thirst even worse.

After a bunch of failures I became so desinterested in the notion of a relationship and now that I do have one, I nicely balance it out with reading, writing and so forth.
In fact, my own interests and passion takes priority.
I'm still not "there" though. Now I'm under loads of stress because I wish to truly do ALL that I like. A plethora of things. But that's manageable. Shipwrecking my life for a siren, that's done.

Truly, the modern world has made men so fucking thirsty it's insane.
This isn't some "courtly love"-desire that's a constant in human history. Or "le biology". Men nowadays let their well-being be defined by the presence of a woman.

And looking at /r9k/ and the whole millennial lot for that matter, the accumulation of sex seems even more important.
This mechanic drive to just get your dick in some meat ( or some dick in your meat ) isn't helping us. This isn't 'natural'. It's obviously destructive to both our individual and collective well-ebing.

nah, certain STEM degrees are a way to make a lot of money while having plenty of leisure time to study humanities on your own
polymath reporting in

nice post

sounds more like you're codependent probably due to nature of upbringing rather than culture didi it to you

I wish I could do that too. I'm not hating. More like envious of your ability to suffer through engineering and studying shit like the composition of concrete.

I'm just too possessed by history, literature, philosophy and the whole humanity bunch I can't bring myself to study anything else.

and then she'll leave you and find some other cock to stuff up her rotten pussy and you'll be right back here going tfw no gf

Not that user, but you can't untie upbringing and culture.

Your posts makes me wish I was homosexual so I could have a relationship with another man instead of a life-sucking whore.

so nothing about upbringing can be said because it's too mixed with culture and vice versa?

No. I'm not being reductionistic here. Just saying that the general culture brings certain parents to make these types of decisions.

>get into philosophy
>lose all interest in gf

Is a gf just a way for insecure people to find a free time occupation that justify their failures and insecurities, giving them a way to feel superior to others despite no aim in life that would justify their superiority?

sure, but there are also aspects which are not overly affected by the culture, for example parents who have suffered a trauma tend to have very similar parenting styles if the trauma hasn't been processed well, regardless of the trauma.

You could say that the fact they had a trauma is a part of culture but I don't think it's an avenue worth pursuing because some traumas are inevitable regardless of how good/bad a culture is

everything is thus

*regardless of the culture

When you break up you'll come back. Remember your stoic "in your control, out of your control" with your gf or you'll be coming back even sooner

Wtf are you on about m8? When men fixate on women, they change. Being with a woman means making time for her and all that, but not that much.

Also, don't build up having a gf too high ("men are only satisfied by women...") because like anything else humans habituate to love and no longer cherish it; your partner should be exactly that: a partner. Not someone to cuddle and make you feel alright, not someone to take the angst away, just someone to share your existence with, hang out with and fuck.

If a girl fell in love with you while you were studying philosophy or whatever you should probably keep doing it, because girls hate having creeper-esq obsessive attention paid to them. The best way to lose a girl is to give up shit for them.

Just keep providing entertainment for girls

imgur.com/a/MgHtC

memes aside how do I trick myself into believing that women are interesting

>The best way to lose a girl is to give up shit for them.
Yes and women know this, men too and yet a man manages to do it sooner or later.

>Not someone to cuddle and make you feel alright, not someone to take the angst away, just someone to share your existence with, hang out with and fuck.
In deed, you just want to be validated by a girl; you will fail many times and seek validation form other men, but you know that these other men are just as lame as you, so it is pointless and you try to not think of this.
Men are too weak to leave their fantasy of being relevant towards other people, too weak to be as successful in hedonism as women are (which leads men to spend their time trying to be relevant) and too weak to understand that hedonism is rubbish and that it is not a solution to getting challenges after challenges with a bit of shagging and sharing experience along the way.

Remove a girl form her various providers, and the providers will be depressed. =>
Women giving meaning to men. Observe women and will understand life.

UK paki girl.

at least you got boobs.

>responding this earnestly to stale pasta
wew lad

תמינה נחמדה הזאת

*תמונה

girls are so cute and delicate

No, that's just what philosophy was for you.

>puppies are so cute and delicate
>letting your automatic and mindless biological response to control your thoughts and actions

this thread is like theredpill just with even worse reasoning

Nietzsche kind of agreed with this 2bh. Most philosophy is not actually love of wisdom, but love of power.

Nietzsche said that anyone who had a family couldn't be a real philosopher with Socrates being the sole exception.

>Women giving meaning to men.
based on?
I think interacting with university women has really ruined my view of them

>it's everyone else, not me

sup Bill Hicks, how's the conspiracy of pretending to be alex jones going?

Similar argument can be made about normies thinking they deserve to have a say in adult matters when they are clearly immature men.

example?

>be into philosophy
>get gf
>no time for philosophy

is having a girlfriend just a way to forget about all the values and contemplations about life, justice, and civility and to engage your illogical succubus' and maximize her corporeal satisfaction?

If you cant balance a gf and philosophy, then you never were philosophy, my friend.

A N A L

>mfw i'm not philosophy

don't really understand what you're implying

its okay not to be philosophy. Its a hard life, not every one can do it. dont feel bad.

>composition of concrete
that's common knowledge though
also
>suffer through engineering
not suffering one bit, engineering is interesting, it seems to me you couldn't get past kiddie math in junior high so you're hating

I could also be just projecting, but considering this is Veeky Forums after all it's not unlike to find miserable scum like you my, boy.

I was good at math. It's not because I was good at math that I enjoyed it, that it was what kept me awake late at night.

You seem like a half-aware normalfaggot who just dabbles in literature and philosophy and considers himself a universal man because he also happens to also have a STEM degree.
I think your original passion must have been status more if you're such a blockhead about people achieving/failing.

>so you're hating

Which brings me to this, why do you start flinging shit at me when I had respect for your ability to devote yourself to something which isn't your original passion?
Honestly, go die in a car crash, you fuckface. I literally said I'm not hating.

No. Getting laid regularly makes you complacent and makes you stop caring about your mental development. It's similar to heroin in that way, except the sex high is way worse.

>I was good at math
>it was what kept me awake late at night.
m8 that sounds like your math was horrendous, no wonder you can't do STEM

>Honestly, go die in a car crash, you fuckface.
>I literally said I'm not hating.
>die in a car crash
>not hating
wew lad, haters gonna hate
you know what all haters including you are? a pseud
and deep down you know it to be true, you're just a low IQ "can't understand even kiddie math so pretends to be a humanities scholar" pseud

Learn how to fucking read. It didn't keep me awake at night. I meant to say that other things which were my passion kept me awake at night.

And you made me hate your sorry ass. Had you read the "not hating" part and not called me a miserable cunt who can't get past kiddie math, we could have remained civil and respectful.

But you decided to be "le amoral dark triad user 'u suck at life' :^)" so you get the backlash you deserve.

cmon now man, I was just taking the piss out of you
did you really get mad over a few posts?
you really are a low IQ retard aren't you HAHAHAHAH

Putting pussy on a pedestal: the post.
Men are not "weaker" than women, women just have less pressing biological (i.e. sexual) desire for the other sex. They aren't "better at hedonism", as you put it. Because some men will take the initiative, they don't have to care about that themselves, they are allowed to just enjoy that spectacle.
Just imagine a world with only women. Do you seriously think they would be, like, happy because "We so good at hedonism and finding a purpose in life"? Or would they be just as miserable as a lot of men are right now because nobody really cares about them?

>I consider woman as a beautiful, romantic animal, that may be adorned with furs and feathers, pearls and diamonds, ores and silks. The lynx shall cast its skin at her feet to make her a tippet, the peacock, parrot and swan shall pay contributions to her muff; the sea shall be searched for shells, and the rocks for gems, and every part of nature furnish out its share towards the embellishment of a creature that is the most consummate work of it. All this, I shall indulge them in, but as for the petticoat I have been speaking of, I neither can, nor will allow it.

if women ruled the world, i guarantee you we would be on WW5 because one country got a pair of shoes another country didnt have.

let me guess though, you're a social justice warrior and also a feminist.

there were quite a few female rulers in the history, queens, empresses etc, they ruled basically just like men do. some were great too

That has to be the lowest and cheapest sophistic trick available.

>he fell for the propaganda

That's pathetic.

rate my OC

No.

Thinking is a fundamental faculty of humans.

Philosophy is organized, disciplined, socially shared thinking.

To write off philosophy is to write off the idea that people should publicly, passionately, enthusiastically share their thoughts.

Name four.

elizabeth 1
catherine the great
wu zetian
indira ghandi, lol

Feminist? Sjw? Get the fuck out of here. What is someone with your level of reading comprehension even doing on lit

No. But that doesn't mean that if you feel happy and fulfilled you won't lose interest in it. The same's true of many things in life, and it doesn't make them valueless- the opposite, if anything.

all of them were constantly at war, except for ghandi...oh wait, not even here could help but go to war for literally no reason.

am i enamored with women or the idea of women?

He did say they basically ruled the same as men did so what's your point?

>mfw this bitch has a roastie

im sorry my reading comprehension is on the 4th grade level. Im essentially retarded. I literally just hate females.

/r9k/ has no shame rRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No

>get a gf
>no longer money for hardcovers
>only paperbacks and books from the library
>bitch left me
>Ok, that hardcover Dune illustrated edition on slipcase it is.

Who is this sperm wyrm?

> once you find a nice girl

'cept most of us, including me, never will. So why does it matter?

user was never into philosophy, he was into being a fucking faggot who wanted to feel superior.

Protip: if you tell other people that you are into philosophy, you are not into philosophy. You are into being an edgy fedorafag. Every time I see someone list philosophy as an interest I cringe hard.

watch out, I'm going to facebook on you:
>everything I love is between covers
there

>Is philosophy just a way for insecure people to find ideologies that justify their failures and insecurities, giving them a way to feel superior to others despite no social proof or accomplishments proving their superiority?
Yes

>being open about what you like is bad because I can only fathom people sharing their interests via the lense of trying to act superior

that's your own problem m80, not everyone else's

I'm talking people who introduce that as one of their hobbies. Its like that D&D designer that literally opens with "hi im somefaggot johnson and I'm an atheist." No one gives a fuck.