How do i move my google authenticator to a new smartphone?

how do i move my google authenticator to a new smartphone?
i have several exchanges protected by 2FA, and now i bought a new smartphone
what is the authenticator bound to anyway? my phone or my google account?
help

next time write down the code that comes with the QR code when you register the 2FA
Now you have to disable the 2FA and re-enable it on your new device

Yup u can't, enjoy re doing them all

You .. DID.. write down that code when you initially set up 2FA for each of those sites.. didn't you?

Oh, you didn't?

ghehehehehhehee you're fucked

Just disable it then re enable it using your new device dummy

Visit each site and disable/re-enable 2FA. Uninstall Google authenticator and use Authy instead for better backup. You should still write the codes down though and keep them offline (on either paper or encrypted USB stick)

Also a good idea to have another phone solely for the use of 2FA that is not connected to the internet.

Use Authy instead.

This.

THERE'S A CODE THAT THE EXCHANGES GIVE YOU THAT BOUNDS ALL 2FA'S, DID YOU WRITE IT DOWN

you can also extract the database file with a filebrowser on android and back it up

just, like, use Authy man. So next time you get new device, just log in to your existing account and voila. A lot better solution than google authenticator

how to do it? and do i need rooted phone?
the current one is rooted as i have a custom ROM installed but i'm not planning to root the new one for now

tell us more

does sminem browse Veeky Forums?

Don't use any app that backs up your codes kek.
Don't write down the codes either, you probably have enough papers to try not to lose.
The best method is to screenshot the QR codes and save them as images. Really hard to hack, and really easy to transfer to a new phone.

Brainlet here, can I use authy as a substitute to Google authenticator? And it will actually work?
Because I FUCKONG hate Google aut

Who the fuck is this sminem faget?

Disable 2fa first, the reenable it and use the new phone

Use andOTP on Android if you have to. Allows for encrypted backups

1. Root your phone. 2. Install Titanium Backup and backup google authenticator + all its data. 3. Restore to new phone and check it worked.

you can't you need to use the code that it tells you in bold letters to write down in safe place

Mostly only pol.

Install Authy. Visit each site. Take off 2FA. Put 2FA back on with Authy

minister you sminem

Check out that kid on the lefts shoe size