How often do you enjoy a good burger at five guys?

How often do you enjoy a good burger at five guys?

about as often as i get laid

i haven't had sex in 8 years.

Five Guys is absolute shit tier food.

Had it once in 2010. Never again. 13.50 for a tiny single cheeseburger. Pathetic. And it didn't even taste that great.

Had Five Guys once a couple years ago.

Haven't been back since.

Over priced bleh there fries are dank as fuck though

>good burger
>five guys
Pick one, and only one

I did once about 10 years ago. Don't really remember it. Only really eat fast food when driving across the country and that's never one of the options for a quick stop.

>walked in to give it a shot
>Saw menu and prices
>Walked out

Overpriced for what it is, taste decent to good, fries are goat, In-N-Out is a better value desu

Also I live in texas so Whataburger renders Five Guys completely irrelevant as it is way cheaper and better desu

in n out>five guys

lol poorfag

>user goes to fast food restaurant
>prices are same as real restaurant
>user walks out and goes to real restaurant

who tips here?

$1 each time

>whataburger
>better than five guys
nigga how high are you

They don't really make a good burger. A solid pizza joint in your city probably has better burgers

it is
whaterburger's special burgers are god-tier

tips?
fuck that shit i only tip in actual restaurants
fast food joints aren't worth it, regardless of how good the food is

>entire fucking thread shitting on 5 guys

Glad to see everyone sees through the meme. They're business strategy seems to be to sell average food at high prices and hope pretentious hipsters eat it to look cool.

(you)

Probably not even relevant but almost a decade ago I was in little league baseball (believe I was 10 or 11) and would pass by a whataburger on my way to and back from games and practices every day ; never went inside of that restaurant before. No idea why I didn't atleast once

And to add to that, still haven't been to one to this day

have not had one in about a year. 5 guys is stupidly over rated

Never, if I'm spending that kind of money I'll just go to a decent restaurant.

Besides, nothing beats in-n-out for the price.

they dont season anything that makes it on to the burger and as such its pretty bland. I want to enjoy it but I just dont. The fries are on point though.

Never.

Most shit tier fries in the world.
Five guys is literally for country club golfer dude bros who fuck each other in the ass yet swear they aren't gay.

>good burger
>at five guys

Eateries generally discourage bringing I outside food. Especially if you're not a customer.

>How often do you enjoy a good burger at five guys?
I would if they had good burgers

Literally plebbit: the chain

I went to five guys, got a burger with everything on it, and enjoyed it

what do I do now

look at your bank statement and realize you just paid 12 dollars for a burger

what the fuck are you on about? it was $7

>How often do you enjoy a good burger at five guys?

Tried a couple of times... it's fucking LOUD in there, painfully loud. Apparently that's part of the intended experience. I find it annoying. Food's ok.

I haven't had Five Guys in what seems like forever.
However, I've been going to a restaurant that's exactly like Five Guys because it's in a lot more convenient location for me.
Seriously, you would think it's Five Guys that lost it's licensing.
The only down side is that they're not the cleanest place, but that usually had no effect on me until I found a fried up fly in with my french fries.

I'm giving them a break for the foreseeable future.

I really enjoy Five Guys. Maybe you people get the wrong toppings.

I've been living in texas for almost 9 years now and until recently I was not aware of the gift god bestowed upon mankind known as whataburger. It's not to late to convert my brother.

anyone /mooyah/ here? basically five guys but cheaper

Everytime i need my shit to get good reviews.

easily one of the worst meals i've ever had

You should need toppings to enjoy a burger. The burger should be enjoyable in itself. Toppings are supposed to enhance the experience, not make it.

correction
>You shouldn't need

Not often. It's extremely overpriced considering it's fast food. Better quality than Burger King or McDonalds for sure, but it's still a greasy, fast food burger and fries.

When you start to charge restaurant quality prices, I"ll go to an actual restaurant.

>liking five guys when in N out exists
the fuck is wrong with you OP

/v/ pls

In n Out is better and a fraction of the price for fast food. And if you have a few extra bucks whataburger is better than in n out and it's STILL cheaper than 5 goys. 5 guys isn't gross but at that price it just doesn't have any part in my burger life. It tastes exactly like if I cooked a normal burger at home in the most simple and lazy way imaginable. Not bad, just normal. But for what they charge I could get a better burger at a real restaurant. Or I could make an identical burger at home for half price. Or I could go to in n out and feed a family of four. I think 5 guys are the enemy, along with Chipotle

>whataburger is better than in n out
I have a friend who moved from California and he says Whataburger is shit comparatively. IDK who to believe anymore.

Real talk, they are both really good fast food. I live in a state with both. Texans will defend whataburger like it's their firstborn child. Same with California and in n out. Both are almost equally good for different reasons. I don't feel like going too into it right now. I suggest you try both.

I'm from texas and I think that In-n-out and whataburger are neck a neck but they both shit on five guys on both taste and value

Since we're doing comparisons we might as well add Steak and Shake. I had Steak and Shake the other day when I found out there was one in California and I think it might be better tasting than the In N Out burger. It was a lot drier and, in my opinion, a bit overcooked. In N Out does their burgers medium to medium well which makes it a lot juicier. Their buns are also always perfectly toasted which makes the burger crispy without compromising the juiciness of the patty for crispiness by overcooking it.

Taste wise I think I preferred Steak and Shake a little more, but In N Out has perfect texture.

I like Five Guys but here in the 210 there is a place on fredericksburg call San Antonio burger that knocks them out of the park every time. My prefered burger joint.

Theres a five guys nearby but i've never been to it because theres already good places in town
If I want a fast burger I go to In n Out
If I want a higher quality more expensive burger I go to The Habit
i'm sure ill go there some day when a friend wants to or something but when im in the mood for a burger I just want to go with something I know. You'd be surprised how many places can fuck up a simple burger order

I feel places like In N Out are good burgers for the price of McDs, but 5 guys is the best burger you can get that can still be considered fast food

It's fast casual. No drivethru at 5 guys

I get the cheeseburger with minimal toppings so I can savor the meaty flavor of the beef patty. Maybe these plebs are getting ketchup and mustard and other such what-have-yous and ruining their dining experience.

Does Shake Shack have a place in this discussion? It seems like it's over priced like Five Guys but never really had it

Steak and Shake isn't bad especially for a 24 hour fast food place. When I go I usually grab a 7x7 and fries. Its 7 patties and 7 slices of cheese with fries for $7.77 which is by far the best deal you can get there. It looks like it only comes with meat and cheese but every time I have gotten it they asked what I wanted on it and I said everything and I get lettuce, tomato, pickles, onion, ketchup, mustard, and mayo all in their own little cup or tray. I usually break it up into 3-4 different burgers using buns I have at home.

Don't listen to the rest of these contrarian fags, Five Guys is indeed delicious, though BGR (a local chain) is easily the best I've ever had. I have each one once every few months.

>7 patties and 7 slices of cheese
thats egregious

Any price is worth not having to listen to or sit next to riffraff when I just want a greasy doubleburger. Also faster service than any restaurant I've been to.

Am I the only one to remember that Steak n' Shake used to have shoestring fries? Not only shoestring, but also short-in-length, like miniature fries.

I remember this from when I was a kid, but can't seem to find any evidence that these existed...

This autistic I doubt you even leave the house yet alone go into a building with people around for your food

how can u afford to browse Veeky Forums if you are too poor for 5 guys

you really need to re-evaluate your spending habits

This. It's not the best thing ever, but for fast food it's above average.
inb4
>lol i'm not poor i'd just rather go to a real restaurant that I say costs the same but probabaly costs even more xdd

Oh wait, that post is further up.

it's the same quality ("freshly made") as whataburger, in n out, steak n shake, etc and all of those are cheaper

>implying Whataburger has burgers as good as Five Guys
>implying there are any steak n shakes or in n outs near me

>have you tried Whataburger family? If you don't think it's quality is as good or even better than Five Guys there's something wrong with your tastebuds tbqhyfam

kek

i blame them for having """free""" peanuts. the peanuts arent bad, but i never asked for peanuts

I like to go with my dad and buy for both of us when I can. It feels like your getting more than just a burger there.

I just like to get the cajun seasoning for the fries sprinkled on my burger patty. It steps it up to where I am satisfied with the price and what am getting for what I pay. I can't do that at McDonalds or Burger King unless I carry some Tony Chachere's around with me and even then it wouldn't be cooked into the burger, just sprinkled on.

You didn't pay $13.50 for just one cheeseburger. I know you're exaggerating to better illustrate your point, but it just makes you look stupid.

I'd enjoy the five guys more than the barger

A couple of years ago I came here to ask advice on whether I should visit the Five Guys in London or a Freemason Grand lodge for a free tour.

It may not surprise anyone to know that I still haven't been to either.

>$6.79 for a fucking cheeseburger
Fuck that
No wonder this place is considered a 'tourist trap'. You'd have to be a fucking idiot from out of state to fall for that shit.

I can go to BK and get one twice that fucking size for $4

for 2.79 more you get real meat

but hey, enjoy your mystery meat

Once every couple years when someone else offers to buy.

for $3.34 less, you get the same real meat at In-N-Out

but hey, enjoy overpaying at your fastcasual restaurant like a hipster cuck

In the past year I went once
That was a couple weeks ago
It was aight

and fries. No drink, Canadian prices. $13 fucking 50.

Expensive as fuck for what it is.
The last 3 times I went there it wasn't worth it.

Their burgers are greasy and fall apart very fast, they use really shitty buns. The fries were pretty good when I first had them but now they're soggy.

I've never enjoyed a good burger at five guys but twice i tolerated a mediocre burger for $15

>and fries
Nice damage control, faggot. A complete meal with the regular hamburger, the smallest fries (which are still a good amount), and the smallest drink runs you a little over $12 after taxes in the States. Also all toppings are free if you want to load up on them. Although I will say Canadian prices are some bullshit.

I worked at Five Guys for a few months. I've made and Ask Me Anything thread about it here before, but I'm thinking about compiling the answers into a pastebin for Veeky Forums's library. Y/N?

>the smallest fries (which are still a good amount)
You're full of shit

>le fast food doesn't use real meat meme XD

Helloooo reddit

I had it once in 2010 as well. The burger was OK, but on the pricey side for what it was. Had no compelling reason to ever go back.

nice but way too expensive. I have to refill my drink 20 times to make me seem like it was worth it.

Also I went to one the other day and they had no free peanuts. It was one of those open-type restaurants where it has no doorway because it's in a complex/mall, maybe it has something to do with allergies and that fact

I could count on my one hand how many times ive eaten at 5guys. Theres one about a half mile from my house. There is also a in n out about the same distance away from my house.
In n out is a better burger and its cheaper. 5guys wins in the fries dept. In n out fries suck.

I go to the pub nearby and have a burger fries and a beer for the same price that 5guys charges for large fries bacon burger. So I go to the pub instead.

pic related

i'm english, we don't really have those around here.
we do however have a five lads

Never because I'm not a disgusting fat american

lol, if you need a cup of fries to fill yourself up you're the one full of shit

I heard they're going to make one where I am soon since In-n-Out recently put one down, so once in a while soon enough.

I haven't had Five Guys in a while but there's this smaller place that sells all kinds of burgers. Alligator, elk, and a bunch of others I can't think of. Meat is always freshly cooked right after your order, veggies are fresh too, and they always put 110% into their burgers. It's a little more than moderately priced but the money is damn well worth it. Place is always packed.

Guys, was Veeky Forums always 60% fast food threads? I don't remember it like that back in the day. Is this just me viewing the past with rose-tinted glasses?

Yeah. More tripfags and sriracha too.

>sriracha
I remember that meme, I actually ended up buying it because of Veeky Forums. Put in on everything for two months then stopped.

P.S. It has MSG

It is a pretty good burger not the best

From what I've heard from people who've been to murrica, Five Guys is much nicer here in the UK than in the US.

Dunno if that's actually true, don't see why it'd be much different but I do really enjoy one every couple months or so. Too expensive to get regularly and it makes it feel like more of a treat.

cock sauce as they called it

Five Guys tastes a lot better when you're not the one paying. Most of you haters probably wouldn't know that because you don't have any people in your life who like you enough to spend twenty dollars on you.