Hey Veeky Forums, which art form is the easiest to scam people and convince them you're an artist?

Hey Veeky Forums, which art form is the easiest to scam people and convince them you're an artist?

Pic related.

Not pic related because I think he was a scammer, just his art form is what I'm relating.

Other urls found in this thread:

talkandpolitics.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/man-in-a-beret-by-picasso-14-yrs-old/.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Doesn't matter what medium. Just add SJW ideals and everyone will love you.

I've never been quite sure what the purpose of art is, so I'm not sure how exactly you can fail to achieve it but make people think you did. The idea of tricking people into enjoying things is weird; if they think they enjoyed something, isn't that the same?

Modern art isn't a scam, it's a scheme to avoid taxes and keeping plebs out of billionaire circles

>Modern art isn't a scam
>continues and describes scam

wut?

You do know that Picasso was a child virtuoso who mastered traditional painting and drawing as a teenager? If he wanted to he could have gone his whole life making works of art like that but he didn't because he didn't like it. He was no scammer.

Please reread the OP.

Contemporary art in places of education.

Let me tell you a few of the travesties I have witnessed:
>Some hipster faggot artist consumed raw meat and then vomited it back into jars of brine and put it on display.

>The same fella got full marks for simply writing a cheque to the University he was attending anr wrote 'The uni of X owes me 30000 pounds.'

>Some girl my friend attends class with took pictures of her gf's hairy muff, sometimes splattered with red paint and write shit like 'No queers allowed,' over it. A big canvas of some girl's vagina. Lesbians.

>A guy I know and have worked with nailed thirty nails into a wall - with no apparent shape or anything - and put it on display although I have no cluse what the fuck he said it was supposed to represent. This same guy also wears a cape around town most days.

If you are after money, books (YA and erotica) and music (dubstep and hip hop) are the best option, I feel. Abstract art might come to mind to many people, but you'll need original ideas (throwing paint randomly on a canvas isn't cool once Pollock did it) and connections to sell your shit.

>throwing paint randomly on a canvas isn't cool once Pollock did it

What if I squirt it out of my vagina or my butthole, though? Pls respond.

>my vagina
Get the fuck out filthy roastie REEEEEEEEEE

It's pretty easy to throw together a band with some friends that poorly copies the styles of two or three other bands that are currently popular and get a decent following of people.

>If you are after money, books (YA and erotica) and music (dubstep and hip hop) are the best option, I feel.

This is probably correct but I think you need to get rid of the YA. YA is not hard, but it's definitely more difficult than sampling a beat for 4 minutes.

Suppose I just want an audience and the slightest hope of creating a reasonably marketable product. If so, is there any money/point in writing horror stories? At all?

When it comes to creativity, I seem to be an incorrigible little edgelord. I'm starting to believe I should convert to /ic/ and imitate that Keith Thompson fellow. I certainly won't need to scam anyone to convince them of my edgelordery.

Someone has already posted pictures on Veeky Forums of a guy squirting blue paint out of his ass but I don't remember if a girl has done it yet.

I think it depends on the person. I can write trashy stories in my sleep, but the only instruments I've learned were the trumpet for a year in middle school and like two guitar chords. I have no idea how music is written, it's indistinguishable from sorcery to me.

Art schools are refuges for the mentally ill and the degenerate

Painting

This girl I dated in high school goes to art school. She has this performance video which is a close up of her scrubbing the area above her pubis. Lasts about six seconds.

Whatever the 'art' is on that unbelievably shit floor of the tate modern

a scam everyone profits from

dude, picasso was a genius, you talkandpolitics.wordpress.com/2011/10/17/man-in-a-beret-by-picasso-14-yrs-old/.

Sculpture, probably.

2d modern art has been done to death; it's hard to create something novel anymore. There's just so much more to do with sculpture that it's easier to make something that doesn't look like an obvious rip-off of another artist's work.

You're the type of guy who wouldn't read the directions on tests and got fucked because of it

>just his art form is what I'm relating.

Shigeko Kubota performed her Vagina Painting on 4 July 1965 at Cinemateque, East 4th Street New York during Perpetual Fluxus Festival.
In an act both evocative and critical of action painting, Kubota attached a paintbrush to the back of her short skirt and squatted to make painterly marks on a large piece of paper on the floor. In this way Kubota challenged the assumptions still prevalent in the art world at the time which connected masculinity with creative genius. This work is one of many feminist takes on abstract expressionism, a genre characterised by macho male practitioners.

Germaneurotechnodance... Produces the greatest genieyessis, as well as those who end up killed by its powers.

Any of them except cooking 2bh

Modern visual arts are garbage but pretty much impossible unless you're rich/have connections to the art market.

Agreed.

A journalistic scene from Madrid in the late 19th Century. Even if you feel Picasso peaked at 30, you must admit he had some skill.

>From the book Landscapes 1890-1912.