This is way better Veeky Forums

>Deep thinking philosophers and authors.

Can you send me my check please.

>Thank you Veeky Forums

>zizek that low
kek

put him above plato

>continental obscurantists on the bottom

Yeah, the list isn't biased at all. It's like your education of 20th century analytic philosophy stopped at 1920s.

Sage

>Tolstoy is a philosopher
>Baudrillard on the bottom

Several of those aren't philosophers.

>Baudrillard on the bottom
Have you read his work?

>Deep thinking philosophers and authors.

Way too transparent of a troll. But Veeky Forums gets baited so easily, I'll leave and when I come back this will 200 replies. Fucking autists.

>damn plebs will fall for this bait, hehe im too clever though better let them know how much smarter i'm

It's way better than this piece of shit.

>Tzu

At least that one spells the names correctly

LEL.

Are you me?

Could any of you guys link me the starting with the greeks guide?

>Dostoyevsky that high

>>Dostoyevsky that high
What do you mean by this?

Dostoyevsky that far in the deeper (harder) end.

haha you said "deeper harder"

>Aquinas not the first and the last
golden opportunity lost

>Zizek that low

He's the only one that can describe what the deep human subconscious is like to a level of accuracy and precision that other authors and philosophers have failed to realize.

"I agree with Sophocles: the greatest luck is not to have been born - but, as the joke goes on, very few people succeed in it."
- Slavoj Zizek

>Dissect this desu.

>Heidegger that high
put him below Baudrillard

Where did this "Plato is easy" meme come from?

the deepest of the mall?

What for?

>implying that Zizek is relevant

this desu

A full understanding of Plato takes a hell of a long time

Zizek is as deep in there as his fist inside an ass

Zizek is a schizophrenic, and that his opinions and "works" are even listened to is crazy. Like Thomas Pynchmeme, a drug addict who writes meaningless drivel with no discernible intellectual labor behind it.

Wittgenstein and dostoevsky's places made me mad congrats

It would be more correct if it was reversed.

Im only speaking the truth desu.

(YOU) again lel

Dostoevsky is not even a philosopher and his thought is naive and infantile
Wittgenstein requires labour on the readers part to entirely comprehend, much like lacan and guattari

Keep telling yourself that you pleb.
You clearly don't get it.

wow real cool man, whats ur steam

No love for Ayn Rand

>Tzu that low
>Delillo that low

the fuck

>Deleuze deeper than Derrida
Lmao

Only an analytic philosopher would be autistic enough to chart it

>full of spooks
>no unique one

The framework of the Republic is universal, timeless, and very easy to grasp—bunch of dudes taking the piss out of one another, drinking, and talking about the nature of reality. Considering it's his best-known work (in addition to the Socratic dialogues and the Apology), it's easy to understand why people regard Plato as baby-tier.

Personally, I think Plato is the greatest philosopher of all time, Hegel running a close second. Hegel, though, has a reputation of being complex because he doesn't employ the same narrative frameworks as Plato—I'm not sure he could have.

>Plato and Socrates considered independently from each other

When will this meme end?

OP is a psychoanalysis-boo. There is no point in reasoning with him.

Is this why you're replying to this thread though?

>people who haven't read Plato's Seventh Letter and don't know that his entire oeuvre is one massive esoteric puzzle

One could spend a lifetime trying to read Plato in Greek and still never understand exactly what Plato meant to do with his works. That's a mark of a pretty fucking good philosopher in my mind.

>badiou
>zizek
>adorno
>foucault
>derrida
>deep
I can have my cat walk on my keyboard, run the gibberish through spellcheck and have deeper philosophy.

A weak idea is still weak no matter how obfuscated it is.

Contintental philosophy is for pseuds

Analytic philosophy is for autists

There, I solved this perpetual debate

This is the most Veeky Forums thing I've ever read

Obscurantism doesn't equal intellectual depth; not even Plato is safe from this aphorism

I've talked with homeless junkies for hours before and couldn't understand what they meant. Perhaps I should plargiarize them and publish it.

Veeky Forums af senpai desu smdh

Do this. Publish a transcript of hobo ramblings and tell the publisher that it is a lost manuscript authored by Foucault

This is all nonsense desu

I agree, when it's obscurity for obscurity's sake (I'm thinking Heidegger/Derrida here). But I think that Plato's obscurity comes from his sentiment that true knowledge could never be captured in the written word. I think that he wanted only to spur individual thought from his works, that's why none of his dialogues seem to ever come to a concrete answer. And it's not like Plato took the stance that "well we juzt can't know anythin lol!", he just realized the limitations of writing philosophy, preferring personal contemplation and pedagogic discourse.

>anecdotal misdirect
com'on son!

What does it actually mean for a thought to be deep? Can you measure the depth of a thought? If not then how can you make a comparison?

user wants to be smart. KEK!!

what, specifically, denotes obscurantism for you?

people make the same charge against Hegel, but he was trying to explain truths as he saw them (sometimes contradictions!) in the languages he knew. if he had written in allegory, would he be under your same charges?

graham priest btfos hegel in clarity and intellectual depth.

>Chomsky
>Deep
WTF

Why does Veeky Forums never talk about Ovid?

>Hegel so close to the surface
I'm going to take a guess and say that only about two or three people on this board has read Hegel.

THE NIGA FORGOT TO PUT HOMEBOY FREUD

For philosophy, start with the Hackett 5 dialogues of plato book.

The deeper the worthless

so apparently all you have to do to be deep is throw a jumble of words that mean nothing onto a page and depend on the educated idiots of academia to derive meaning from them?

Let's just all agree that this is a shit idea and go back to whatever we were doing beforehand.

>No Cicero

Why is Wittgenstein so high

Most people don't understand him

even carlos castaneda understood him

because this is b8

>people actually fall for the "Zizek does cocaine" meme
>he fell for the "Zizek is a clown" meme
You need to get off this wild ride m'friend

>Alan Watts at the very top
>Sartre near the bottom

Fucking triggered

> "Schopenhaue"
> That much deeper than Kant

Yeah okay

>I'm really dumb

Fix'd

>no spooky scary meme man
Are you even trying?

I have no clue about philosophy in general but I've read and used Baudrillard in my masters thesis three months ago.

If he is at the bottom I must be some kind of genius.

Thanks, OP :^)

nice drips blus hehe to the
>deeper (harder)

I feel triggered.

Fix'd

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT