H-h-how do you c-cook your s-steaks, Veeky Forums?

h-h-how do you c-cook your s-steaks, Veeky Forums?

medium rare, rubbed with salt and pepper, pan-seared and basted with olive oil, garlic, and thyme

fight me

rare and topped with ketchup or A1

>ketchup

Medium rare, Or a bit more than medium.

Medium-Rare. Salt, Black pepper. Method of heat changes from grill to pan to shitty oven broiler. I want to purchase a salamander.

I do the reverse sear as well for optimal doneness.

Sometimes I add garlic.

Come at me.

Wait, what?

How does that make any sense? You like them just under medium, or just over medium, but not medium? How is skipping the middle step and liking the more well-done option, better? When your first choice is two ranks less-well done.

Well done, if I'm really feeling hungry I'll dip it in mayo

If I could bite it right off the cow I would

Tonight, you get to learn about a "range," you retarded little manlet you!

If you have a scale of one to five, and like it from two to four, you include three.

MATHAMAGICAL!

Oh hey, someone who doesn't understand the difference between a range and two options.

Here's an English lesson:

>I like my steak medium rare to medium well.

That is a range which includes all options between!

>I like my steak medium rare, or medium well.

This means they like their steak 1 of 2 ways only!

Please attempt to not out yourself as blatantly stupid. No one will take you seriously.

>[I like it m]edium rare, Or a bit more than medium.

>medium rare
>or
>more than medium.

>or
>/ôr/
>conjunction
>conjunction: or
>used to link alternatives.

>alternatives

Medium well at home is a thing of beauty, because trying to get anything over medium rare at a restaurant is Russian Roulette for eating shoe leather.

Butterfly it so it's about 3/4 of an inch or less, room temp, with salt and pepper. Cook it on true medium with a good amount of butter, spooning it over the top until a decent crust forms. While it's resting, make a quick pan sauce, mix it with the juices from the rested steaks, and (depending on how much butter you've already used) finish in butter for a velvety sauce.

It's nice to have a firm yet tender and juicy piece of beef for a nice changeup.

well done

Look mom! I did thing! Give me attention!

Medium well with ranch dressing

Well if that picture isn't fucking disgusting.

you're a fucking idiot. We're all very proud that you just learned about range in math class. Maybe in social studies they'll teach you how to act like a functioning human being.

>social studies
Do they try and teach you not to shart in the mart?
Thought not.

oil, salt, pepper
on the grill half-cross to the lines
two minutes, bottom corner with tongs, flip end-over
two minutes, same corner (now the top) flip side-over
two minutes, same corner (now bottom again) flip end-over
two minutes, pull. jab an unfolded paperclip into the thickest part of the middle, then immediately touch that paperclip end to the underside of your bottom lip to check temp.
finish in oven, 400F, for however the fuck long you think it's gonna take to hit just under temp.
pull it, rest it for 5 minutes, plate and serve.

if you don't fuck this up you'll have perfect hatch lines and an even sear.

>Pan seared with olive oil

The only problem I see here is olive oil. At searing temperature you should use an oil with a higher smoke point or possibly even blend oils if you're intent on using olive oil.

Depends on what he means by olive oil. If it's generic "olive oil" that stuff is refined, and it has a very high smoke point. It would be fine for cooking a steak. On the other hand if it's EVOO, yeah, that smoke point is far too low.

On the grill... Like a boss

If it's a strip or ribeye less than 1in thick, I'll bring to room temp and sear with the afterburner method over a chimney starter, if thicker, I'll chill it a bit and sear both sides in a dry nonstick pan over high heat real quick while putting light pressure on it with a folded towel til browned, then sous vide to about 115 degrees Fahrenheit, then do the same afterburning method. Coat very lightly with a high temp oil and season generously with kosher salt right before the afterburning method. Once done, allow to rest on a rack for 5-10 mins while I make a balsamic beurre noir sauce, and once everything is said and done, slice the steak up and cover generously with the sauce, adding fresh ground black pepper if desired.

That looks so fucking good.

2016 - no one says sous vide

Needs some ketchup man

is this true?

Thems are some ooold plates. I love those damn plates, OP. Can I buy them from you?

I did here

Not that guy but yeah it is, I have a sous vide supreme and love the thing. If you want to look into it a bit Chefsteps is basically the sous vide channel/website, seriouseats has some good intructional guides, and for your average joe foodwishes has a two videos he did on a steak and a duck breast.

Why is well done bad?

>being this much of a cunt

You must be so fun to hang out with