What's the point of reading for fun when there are better ways to entertain yourself?

What's the point of reading for fun when there are better ways to entertain yourself?

There's no point, in fact

I don't read for fun. I read because I'm very cool, like the rest of Veeky Forums.

>inb4 219 replies and 34 images omitted. Click here to view.

You don't have to exclusively entertain yourself by reading.

Reading has the potential to teach you something like General Relativity, whereas watching Jersey Shore accomplishes nothing.

I can name the cast of jersey shore and you can't. There's something i've learnt which you haven't

get rekt scrub

There aren't though.

I've never been moved by anything more than a book.

>I've never been moved by anything more than a book.
That.

Also probably the happiest moments of my life involved me high on prescription meds reading Anne Frank biographies or a Judy Blume book.

this seems more a comment on your life than on books

What's the point of not masturbating all the time?

my second happiest moment was when I got married to my wife

good fun

The vein on the left side of my penis is swollen from masturbating too much. I don't think it will ever return to normal.

enjoying reading is one of the signs that you're an adult and not a little kid anymore.

give it time as you'll understand some day, user.

How long has it been like that? I think that's happened to me before but it goes away.

About four months.

people always ask me if i masturbate a lot when they play with my dick because it's asymmetrical with one side smooth and the other more rounded and veiny, i do masturbate a lot but it was always like that...that said most people are amazed by it's thickness, so after the "do u masterbate a lot": shit they try to see if they can touch their fingers around it etc. it's like don't play with it, suck it, god damn

i ruined my dick by playing with it too much too. I had fordyce spots and then the pores opened up from jerking it 7 hours a day, now i have giant pores which are filled with cottage cheese type substance.

girls dig that, right?

how's your wife's son doing

It helps feed my delusion that I am wiser and therefore justified in looking down on people who lead "vain" lives.

it's a daughter.

u have pores...on your dick? wtf? my dick is just nice and smooth with on thing big blue vein on one side and some little ones branching off going to the other side but i have to be junglistically horny for the side veins to popout...and then a nice grapefruit pink head that gets purple when i'm too horny and read to spray long streams of jizz all over, im like gay for my own dick, this thing is fucking hot, looks like that uncut guy in the "suck it dry" series, there are two guys in that, one with this horrible little skinny jewdick and then a mega aryan dong, i'm like get that degenerate little desert cock out of the scene and bring out the germanic

Reading is its own fun, nothing really compares to playing Harvest Moon for the first time or a RTS, but that also applies to a good book, nothing keeps me entranced for hours

It's almost like other entertainment chases after the way books can get people hooked

Not everything in life is about being entertained, you dolt.

This is the main reason used by litizens.

i masturbated to that dick fucking allie haze's mouth about 2 hours ago.

small world, small world

Damn, would it be too weird for you to see a doctor?

not everything you do has to be "entertaining"

Learning is its own reward. The fact that it's fun is just a bonus

you should be a kid's teacher.!

If that's your opinion on reading there is no reason to do it for fun. Unless your other forms of entertainment are prohibitively inconvenient/time consuming or expensive.

Can I get some more information on this penis?

Kek

>Why live where you live when there are objectively better places to live?

Maybe one doesn't have the means to do anything else. Reading is free.

Reading makes everything else more interesting in a peculiar way

I can only masturbate so many times in a day before it hurts

>he doesn't transcend to such a different plane of consciousness when masturbating that pain no longer registers

wew lad

Literature presents more sophisticated storytelling because it doesn't need to attract an audience to recoup production costs.

200 hours of ur favourite game might be 'funner' in the short term than reading and engrossing yourself in the early modern philosophy cannon, for example, but it's not going to stick around nearly as long. Short vs long term stimulation

I generally agree, but what about crowd sourced games that have no financial pressure? (I could probably think of other counterexamples)

also,
>it doesn't need to attract an audience to recoup production costs
authors don't write for a living?

>tfw my left testicle is three times bigger than my right and painful but when I showed my doctor he said it was normal

Watching ias lectures has the potential of teaching you about Shimura varieties. Reading twilight will accomplish nothing.

That doesn't sound normal, you should show your balls to a different doctor.

reading fiction teaches you as much as you can get on jersey shore

What's the point of learning GR?

In order to understand the nature of reality.

uhh I think he meant Gravitys Rainbow

Masturbate once every other day. Thank me later.

Then why did he reply to a post about learning General Relativity?