People preheat their ovens

>people preheat their ovens

Why do you people do that?

same reason you preheat the shower water before you step in

>Why do you people do that?
I do it solely to annoy people like you

I just start off by setting my oven on broil at a high temp so it heats up real quick and I don't have to wait long for "preheat"

ikr? why waste some perfectly good heatness and not just let your cooking sit in the oven from cold to readiness

The recipe tells me to.
It's basic science really, the same reason I level off spoons or cups of dry ingredients.

Thats such bullshit why would your oven heat slower just cause the temperature is lower? That would be the most retarded thing in the world. They just stop earlier with the heating

>gas is free
>gotta pay for electricity
>olny got electric heaters
>gas stove cooks and heats my house
Last Christmas when family came over they didn't know how poor I was living thank you preheating oven

Because I don't like bacteria

Same reason I preheat my water before sticking things in it.

Let's say you want to cook chicken.
If you want it to stay juicy you need to cook it quickly at a high temperature.
If you don't preheat the oven the cooking time is gonna be longer and the chicken will lose the juices.

Because raisins ;^)

>not taking cold showers

Because when I bake bread I want it to have an oven spring and not come out as a dense piece of shit.

I'm sorry if your use of an oven solely consists of heating up frozen tendies, but y'know oven can actually be used to make foods from scratch too.

If people preheating their ovens makes you sperg out, you've got bigger problems to worry about.

I think its because everyone's oven is different. Some heat quicker than others. If preheating wasn't a done thing, then it would be hard to give accurate directions in a recipe, as everyone's cooking time would vary.

By preheating, you can be sure that your oven will take essentially the same amount of time to cook your chicken as your neighbour's does.

If you don't want to preheat, it's not a huge deal, but don't expect the cooking times to be accurate in any of the recipes you follow.

>Why do you people do that?

Two reasons:

1) For many foods it is very important that the oven is very hot before the food goes in, otherwise it won't brown properly but will instead steam/boil in its own juices.

2) Consistency. Different ovens heat up at different rates. Therefore it makes it very hard to write universally applicable recipes because the cooking times would end up varying so much. Suppose I give you a recipe and I tell you to "bake it for 30 minutes" but your oven heats up faster than mine. If you followed my recipe exactly then your food would end up burnt. Having the oven at a known temperature removes the variable of the heat-up time.

Only morans preheat, amirite?

What the shit has happened to that?

Thanks for this.

Oven wasn't preheated, so the pizza melted and fell through the grate.

If the oven was hot then the crust would have cooked and formed a solid layer, preventing anything from falling through the grate.

Best objective reason, right here.

What was the pizza made of that it would liquefy in an oven?!

Probably just a normal frozen pizza. It didn't liquify on its own. It melted. The oven was still heating so it was warm enough to melt the pizza but not so hot as to firm it up and prevent it melting.

Imagine this: You put a piece of cheese in a frying pan and turn the heat on low. The result is that the cheese melts into a puddle. Do the same thing but have the pan very hot before the cheese goes in: instead of melting into a puddle, the bottom layer of the cheese crisps up.

I have literally never seen a pizza that would collapse as it melted from frozen. On account of them having a base made of bread.

Frozen pizzas don't usually have a base made of raw dough, y'know?

Same reason you preheat your dick before you start tugging it.

So I preheat the oven to stop my little sister from laughing at it?

Pretty much.