Starting with the greeks

Could someone please link me the starting with the greeks guide?

Also general greek/roman thread

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not this .jpg but the website with the actual guide mf

Then you should have been more specific. And don't call me a motherfucker, I was trying to help you.

Also, these .jpgs are useful too. Posting them for people lurking this thread

Don’t be so sensitive man, you posted a shitty image that everyone’s seen, and also mf don’t have to be a real bad thing, I bet fucking mothers is quite fun in fact. Bes of luck in your future endevours sensitiveAnon

And a Romans chart to top it off

Ok. Then you should have been clearer. I thought you were the umpteenth faggot that wanted to have that image, so I decided to be kind for a change and post it.

Link me the guide I said, if I need to be clearer than that for you to understand, you got problems and shouldn’t be reading at all since you’ll mosdef misunderstand every word of all the books.

>Meditations by Marcus Aurelius

Brilliant, brilliant work if it hasn't been mentioned. Most influential piece of literature I've ever read, and it's a not too difficult of a first read in the translated versions.

Stoicism is an incredible thing indeed.

I owe successes in my professional life, my romantic life, and my personal life my job to the guidance I took away from that book.

Same guy?

Yeah sorry I'm cooking

No worries, just wondering, am mosdef gonna pick up the book though!
And probably Letters from a stoic aswell, stoicism is the type of philosophy you just know is gonna better your life if anything.

You sound like a massive cock desu

Indeed he does, bump for the link though.

You should learn Latin and Greek.

Thanks for posting this. That Homer translations website is very useful and just what I've been looking for.

docs.google.com/document/d/1y8_RRaZW5X3xwztjZ4p0XeRplqebYwpmuNNpaN_TkgM/pub

it's not finished and it looks like it may never be, but have at it

I'm currently reading Plato's Republic. This is my first foray into greek classics. I thought that the Greeks were polytheistic but in this book, Socrates continually alludes to 'God'. What gives?

>I thought that the Greeks were polytheistic but in this book, Socrates continually alludes to 'God'. What gives?
All human societies were monotheist before they became degenerates. Greeks are no exception.

Post a sample line.

Usually, every Greek city (or each citizen) had its own patron god, e.g. so when Socrates, in the Apology, refers to Apollo, he just says 'the god'. I don't remember in what context does he say it the Republic.