Loved V
Borges is my hero
Bolano jury's still out
No Joyce
But you've got Beckett

All in all well done now get reading

more like a "pleb pile"

LOL

...... I JUST FUCKING LOVE 9GAG SOMETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!! EPIC!!!!!!!!

RIP OP

I'm gonna assume since there's 8 posts but only 5 unique posters that some of you are samefagging. Congrats Reddit army

>OP
>Still here.....
>refer to this m8
your time on this board is finished

Get on my level ;)

Mfw I just wanted to make friends

>post bookshelf
>get two or three (You)'s
>thread dies

Brilliant plan, user. Fucking brilliant.

>paperbacks
>patrician

>The Yeats Reader
Wow, looks better than the Norton Critical Edition of Yeats I was about to order. Thanks for posting this.

np :)

Can never find the Borges' book of poetry in any store, yet they'll have a dozen copies of his complete fiction

Those were all separate finds at different half price books, they're awesome.

Best stack coming through.

academic edition

It's ok. I like you, user.

The ultimate patrician stack

Are you being held somewhere against your will?

The only place I'm trapped is within my own mind.

lost it at buttrustle

Look at the pristine spine on The Recognitions.

Try reading it, you poseur.

My books
:^)

check out le my le book shelf :^) xD

Another pic.

>all of those nice editions
>all of them retractilated

end yourself immediately

Get on my level you farm villain

>putting your books in plastic bags
Is this a mexican thing ?

But I'm occupied re reading Melville and Borges. I'll get to it eventually :')

elite af

Just because you own certain books doesn't mean that you've read them, or understand them, or that you're smart. Idiots. These kinds of threads are useless.

They sell them like that, it happens in the UK too.

Not bad. What was/is your major?

have you read Shakespeare's Gay Boys in Bondage?

>Haraway
>The Multispecies Salon

Wow, I actually recognize these. Just read "A Cyborg Manifesto" for a class the other day. And a friend sent me an interesting excerpt about brittlestar ontology from The Multispecies Salon, been meaning to get my hands on it since.

8/10 would nod approvingly at

Real nice, you fucking shits, in the US it doesn't happen, they don't bother to wrap anything they dont care, they deliver books DIRTY

>He reads translated books

Oye, tu eres de Perú verdad?

>Badiou

>2666
you fell for something

>he's a multiculturalist liberal jew

>Borges in english

Sorry, I was going to troll with these old bookshelf pictures a mentally unsound tripfag posted a few years ago.

This guy had 80 million books lying around his house and he would post pictures of them at the slightest provocation. I thought it would be fun to pretend to be super well read but it hurts to be dishonest.

Looks like he bought everything discussed in the pseud threads.

Lot of those seem new as fuck.

lol

kill yourself faggot.

real patrician "stax" are to be found in libraries

What I bought this week. Only cost me 47 USD.

How's high school going?

Then go make friends...

There's a lot of required reading but I think it's shaping up to be a shaping up to be up to be a good year!

Stop being such a faggot.

My shelf atm:
>The Divine Comedy (Inferno, Purgatorio, Paradiso)
>The Discoverers (Boorstin)
>The Origin of Species & The Descent of Man
>The Brothers Karamazov
>Siddhartha
>The Road
>Moby Dick
>Paradise Lost/Regained
>Nineteen Eighty-Four
>Frankenstein
>The Grapes of Wrath
>Walden
>Slaughterhouse Five
>Leaves of Grass
and
>The Premier Book of Major Poets

I plan on getting A Portrait of An Artist, Blood Meridian, Heart of Darkness, The Old Man and The Sea, and War and Peace soon.

Also, a good version of the Bible (recommendations?) and a good book that details Greek mythology (or series of books (also looking for recs here)). I love Greek mythos and I want to read the Bible so I can have that allusion under my belt for future writing.

HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHHAHHA

jesus christ you are a fucking faggot go kill yourself

I wouldnt pay more than 20 for those paperbacks

>Bible
The English Bible, King James Version (Norton Critical Edition). It's separated into two volumes (each volume is 2000+ pages!), has the most notes and extras I've ever seen and it's KJV.
>Greek myths
Mythology by Hamilton. This is the de facto recommendation. It's only one book.

Thanks, I was considering that very bible actually. But I was wondering if there was a more comprehensive series of the Greek mythology than that book. Something condensed like said book, but not as much. If there usnt, then I will likely get a used copy again to finish.

>retractilated
did you just make up this word or what

The Cambridge Companion to Greek Mythology is likely good, maybe even better than Hamilton, but I haven't read it.

But literally only one of those is good.

you really don't need to read Hamilton or whoever because the source material for them is stuff like Homer and Hesiod and the playwrights, so in turn these mythology collections feel like wikipedia versions of these classic texts.

all that reading has done you good

I hate companion pieces and textbooks and all that shit, read source texts always. This extends even into my forays into the sciences (apart from using some rudimentary learner books for algebra and calc)

I'm on your guys side. I don't want Hamilton, I didn't like it for anything other than a Greek mythos thesaurus. I know there's a lot of Greek lit out there, but I was asking if there was a collection of the sources, not including the epics (I'd rather obtain Homer's works and larger pieces on their own) contained in a few books?

This sounds like more of what I'm looking for, but I'll have to check for sure. Thank you

I mean, you can usually get just about every "major" greek's entire ouvre in just one or two volumes.

The brittlestar chapter is actually quite nice if you read Haraway's Situated Knowledge beforehand. Going to write something like a response to both of these.

Just when I started to get impressed ... Anyway, here's the sequel to , morphed my remaining 5 stacks into one

thank you for your effort!

That big book of DEMONS

Sweet Shroomgrowers dictionary deutschebro

>LE GRAIN
fucking redditor

Are you the Michael Polanyi tard that drones on about tacit knowledge?

It#s the best dictionary you get in German, but it doesn't tell you anything about shroomgrowing. I do, however, have a scan of what is probably THE handbook for that kind of stuff. If there's anyone interested, I'll gladly upload it.

Nope, I'm more of a Karl Polanyi fan. Didn't know there was a MP fanboy here.

Am I a patrician?

possibly close.

Pessoa is fedora as fuck and everything else in your stack is old as the hills (except Proust, kind of)

you seem like the kind of guy who smokes a pipe

>Sabato
>Sterne
>Borges

Most patrician, my friend.

>Pessoa is fedora as fuck

Yeah I did

you got a problem with that?

>400 pages of a guy's journal about how he's so much more intelligent than everyone else and that's why he's nihilistic and sucks at everything

He's a dreamer, not more intelligent. And he's not nihilistic at all. Are you trolling or stupid? I can't tell with you guys ever.

Why are we suddenly talking about your diary?

He literally says multiple times in the course of the book that he's more intelligent than normal people
I'm not even paraphrasing

So what? He writes well enough that's he probably to the right of the bell curve. He's insecure. That doesn't make him a fedora. Not everything you dislike is a goddamn fedora.

He's the definition of fedora, asshat.

>Proclaiming to the world that you're enlightened by your own intelligence isn't fedora

(you)

fumer tue, albert

No he isn't, cuck. You don't become a world renowned writer if you're merely arrogant. You're so ignorant that you've actually allowed Veeky Forums memes to filter your thoughts to the point where you can't enjoy a universally praised and insightful writer. Consider suicide.

both of you are entry level for an argie.

Pic from 2012

¿Qué ediciones de Borges son esas?