What do you think of Starbucks?

What do you think of Starbucks?

shit

I like it

Been craving it

>What do you think of Starbucks?
convenient choice when traveling
good quality travel mugs for a long flight needing tea that isn't airplane water

Usual order:
passion lemonade OR iced coffee
with any of the following:
tarragon egg salad on seeded wheat
grilled chicken wrap with peanut dip, and grapes
pumpkin muffin with cream cheese filling and pumpkin seeds

I've never been there, the closest one to me would be somewhere in Indonesia

Used to work there.
It's alright. Nothing more, nothing less. Food is mediocre. Coffee ranges from good to mediocre. I hate sugary stuff, so I can't say how the fraps/juices/flavored hot drinks are.

How was working there?

shit

Nene

plain hot or iced coffee only, medium roast.

Nero>>>>>>Starfucks

GTFO

I think it's a place that psuedo-intellectuals with disposable income like to go. I'd rather drink the stagnant lukewarm off brand coffee, black, in the break room at work. It's worth it to me, just to actively not participate in the fuckery of Starbucks.

Eh, kinda cheap if i take my own mug.

Sometimes buy an ice drink if it isn't full with people.

Its the only coffee spot around me

Shit drinks for dumb, tasteless, yoga pants wearing white bitches.

Been maybe a dozen times in the last half a dozen years, simply for convenience. Nothing to report/10. They do make my shitty chain coffee shop job annoying as hell having to clarify drinks couple dozen times a day.

Overpriced nu-male/sjw shit

It's ok. Good if I'm out and about

Why have you completely gone projected your own working class elitism on to the fucking McDonald's of coffee shops?

Decent iced coffee if you don’t get too much sugar in it

great place to drive your car into

They make good sugary shit, but their black coffee is garbage. Iced coffee and cold brew is a little better.

McDonald's coffee is better

>Good to mediocre
No. Their coffee is terrible.

this. Im in Seattle and starbucks is basically where u go if u don't give a shit. no one thinks its v good coffee, its just a quick cup if u want one.

i use it for wifi when i am abroad and need to suck a dick asap but no man it's shit coffee and a horrible atmosphere

I ignore it.

They over-roast their beans and use too little coffee, resulting in a brew that's bitter and burnt while simultaneously being weak as piss.
They lack all subtlety and compensate for it by using stupid meme shit.
Frankly, Starbucks has failed in any country that has a good coffee culture (such as Australia) because they didn't realise that selling an inferior product at a higher price and relying on non-existent brand recognition was doomed to fail.
Fuck Starbucks and fuck everyone who goes there thinking the coffee is anything other than shit-tier.

please leave

Every cup of shitty coffee they sell is one more step towards summoning their mermaid-goddess to begin her one thousand year reign of terror and pumpkin spice.

good for coffee-less sugary drinks

Today I went for a 5 mile walk and had a strawberry milkshake and a cheese scon as a late lunch.
It's pretty good for everything that's not coffee

I hear there is crazy corporate culture like managers get shit pay but get free trips to corporate events and stuff

Would you agree it's a good source of carbs and sugary treats for an after workout break?

i don't

I like it but I only drink it when I'm not around my usual cafe

I think the Clover makes a good cup of coffee

Mr

Keep getting $10 gift certificates to it from random vendors who work with our company, but I haven't been in over 5 years.

Is calling ahead for a french press still the best way to get a coffee? Or is getting a drive-thru espresso actually worth it?

Shallow and pedantic.

I hate the coffee but i got addicted to the rewards system

Gotta get em all

>Hate making coffee
>Like drinking coffee
>Am financially comfortable
>Go to Starbucks about once a week
>Hate going to Starbucks because they're full of hipsters, fags, hipster-fags and they dodge tax
>Isn't a reasonable alternative to them in my area

For fuck's sake, it's just coffee.
Literally boiled bean juice.

Why the fuck are you paying so goddamn much for it?

Their main brew, Pike's Place roast, is the worst tasting coffee out of any fast food place. It tastes like someone tried to brew coffee using cigarette butts instead of coffee beans. Even Tim fucking Horton's has better tasting coffee desu.

The food is all awful. The only good thing they had was the original pumpkin loaf that was basically a huge muffin.

Also, I went to the original Starbucks in Pike's Place when I visited Seattle. It was just a regular Starbucks and it was as busy as the Starbucks next to my hotel. I thought it was kind of odd.

Honestly this, every cup of coffee ive gotten from Starbucks has been burnt

I can also pick up my complementary mcchicken at the same time

Starbucks, Costa and Caffè Nero are all trash. If you can go to an independent coffee shop you have no excuse.

It's alright

it's fried chicken for the white women. it's also where dey at.

I like their dark roasts, minus the French which is to far even for me. Their mediums and blondes are pretty bad, the espresso is designed for missed drinks, so it's bad on its own, but their Reserves are worth drinking

Meme

I don't

Its a glorified McDonalds, except you get friendlier service at mcdonalds, also fuck your tip jar. You already charge too much for plain coffee as it is, was there today, they want $1.80 for a small cup of actual coffee.

>Did you mean tall?

No, small, you self centered high and mighty bitch, you're not better than other people because you work at starbucks.

Last time I went there they made my drink in what appeared to be a Keurig machine. Fuck that place.

Ok so I work there currently, have been for over two years. The espresso is really bitter, I guess because most of what people order is packed with sugar. The brews normal brews aren't good, willow and Komodo dragon are the exceptions. If you aren't really a coffe person it will generally taste the same besides Italian or French toast. Seriously that French toast smells like fish before you brew it, it always throws me off. Our Christmas roasts are a gift from heaven though, I actually look forward to them. Also that chestnut praline syrup is nectar, only syrup I will use in my own drink. Don't get our pour overs, the water is almost 200 degrees and we just dump it over the grinds and walk off until it's done brewing unless you are REALLY nice or just at a slow store. And there is where we really get to the problem. We are made to to serve numbers, not quality.

Our customers get angry if they have to wait for us to try and make a drink with skill, believe me a lot of workers want to take time and make it great. I've had customers get pissed at me because we allow them to put cream and sugar in their coffee for themselves instead of us doing it all for them. My store is the busiest in my state and due to try recent labor cuts we can have down to three people to run the entire store during peak hours, one for front register, one for drive through, and one for making drinks for both. Our coffee has taken a dramatic turn for the worst over the summer because of this, so has our cleanliness. Seriously if you are looking for more than a general cup of coffee, find another place. I don't hate it there like most people that make posts like this do, but I am extremely frustrated with this company right now. I normally get coffee at the Joe Muggs in booksamillion down the road because it's tastier and quiet. Also seriously all of our food is really unhealthy. The sodium levels are really high.

Also sorry for poor formatting I am on my phone. Using my computer to play a movie while I go to sleep

Never been there since I'm not much of a coffee drinker, but I have a friend who will drink literally nothing else. Even when he makes his own coffee, the beans are from Starbucks.

As meme worthy to say as
>make your own
I will say that I make the most vile coffee around. But because I have used it so much I have to pray that a "black" coffee I order can embrace "mediocrity" that others express:

tl;dr if your taste is shit no one can "provide" you better.

Shit corporation more then anything. Plenty corporations have made their locations special in one way or another.

Willow is my favorite SB roast. But yeah, any drink that requires time to make is shit there. And holy fuck is your espresso shit. I made the mistake of ordering an Americano there out of curiosity. Never again.

I like to try small local roasters dedicated to the craft. It takes longer, and you often can't get flavor syrups, frappes, and shit like that (at the really good ones, anyway), so it's not always the best place to bring a girl on a date, but a really good cup of coffee is worth it. Starbucks is for when you just can't get better.

That's the one. The first time I ever went to Starbucks, it tasted like I was drinking out of a full ashtray that had been rained in and then heated up. I couldn't understand why everyone had fallen for the place. Then my sister worked at one and introduced me to one of their blonde roasts, which was much, much better.

The Starbucks in my country sucks. So hard the head of a reputable coffe company called it "coffe-flavored water".
Also they only let you use 1 hr of internet per drink.

>2016
>still drinking Starbucks
Enjoy your chemtrails.

can I have them friend? My girlfriend fucking loves the shit and I hate spending 7 bucks for a fucking foamed whatever the fuck.

the drinks are overpriced but generally taste ok.

the food, besides some sweet scones and similar stuff is legitimately some of the worst shit i've ever eaten.

Just started as a barista and can confirm that French press gives the best brew. I prefer the lights and medium roasts, which have more caffeine than the dark roasts anyways.

Shit. It's a carribu around my area. At least they don't burn their shots.

My only use for Starbucks is it's sugar-shit drinks.

I can get a better americano/cappuccino/etc elsewhere, but small shops don't have choco-java-mocha-cream-crack-sugar syrup-blendo-chinos. If I want something like that when I'm on a road-trip or something, I go to Starbucks.

user can you not see, the more coffee is bought, the closer we get to milky mermaid titties

overpriced garbage

I can make better coffee at home

Nero > Starbucks > Costa

A place that claims to serve coffee, but for some reason they always provides you with a liquid that is almost, but not quite, entirely unlikecoffee.