Has anyone ever done this before or is it just me

has anyone ever done this before or is it just me

I once tried to open a pickle jar by placing it in a bag, then smashing it with a hammer. Only then did I realize that there is no way to separate the glass shards from the pickles. Then I accidentally opened the bag in the sink to drain the pickles away, only to get the drain clogged full of glass. Had to replace the entire p-trap.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Assuming this isn't a troll and you're just retarded run the metal lid under hot water. The heat will cause the metal to expand. Grab a dry towel and wrap it around the warm lid, twist. It will come off. Even if you're a weak, little bitch.

this

Buy a gizmo that cracks the vacuum seal better than a spoon, called JarPop.
Never struggle again...

>implying I can afford a water heater

I just use the claw on a hammer I have. Works all the time.

I've always used a butter knife
it's the only thing I use them for

It is 5am I should not be laughing this hard. I hope you are a troll if not this is the most ass backwards thing I have read tonight and I grade ESOL papers.

You must not be the only one OP.
>I once tried to open a pickle jar by placing it in a bag, then smashing it with a hammer. Only then did I realize that there is no way to separate the glass shards from the pickles.
I think you meant to say you tapped on the rim? But, yea, it can cause glass chipping to enter the food. I recall being warned by my Mom about the damage glass in food can cause to your insides, so I never tapped jelly jars on the counter or floor ever again. In the case of sugary foods like jelly, it does help to warm the lid under a hot tap to soften sugary food near the seal, not to mention it can equalize pressure some, if you do it long enough.
>Then I accidentally opened the bag in the sink to drain the pickles away, only to get the drain clogged full of glass. Had to replace the entire p-trap.
People while doing washing up, tip over or drop slippery glasses in their sink which then break. It's happened before.

If you are weak at opening jars, buy a device. But brute force doesn't mean you should ever resort to a method that might introduce glass into your food. When and if it happens in the food industry they have to do a recall.

>have awesome giant 750ml jar of delicious home made zucchini relish my grandma gave me
>can't get the fucking thing open it feels like it's super glued shut
>hot water trick doesn't work
>end up rapping on it with a heavy knife after my red sore hands tell me to
>it opens
>notice a small inch of the rim of the jar is chipped and shattered
>end up tossing entire jar because paranoid of glass

it was the worst day ever

Kek

I shit my pants literally a foot away from my toilet and had to take a shower with my clothes on as well as mop my floor, but I can take pride knowing that I'm still not as fucking retarded as you, my handicapped compatriot.

Smashes glass in a bag with a hammer bag survives
There's some holes in your story
I'll give this bait a mediocre

if all fails just stab the lid with a knife to let some air in
and if that fails too for some reason, expand the hole and cut out the middle of the lid

you shud get you a REAL MAN to open ur jars for u, dr octo wussy pickel baby :D

jesus fuck yall all you gotta do is slide the tip of something narrow (butter knife is a good choice) under the lip of the lid and pry, that pops the seal and the jar will be easy to open

Get fucking Hillary to do it man

Yeah, they just suddenly pop open when she touches them and people usually forget about emails you deleted or something.

...hillary clinton?

FUCK YOU BEATING ME TO THE HILLARY JOKE FUCK YOU COCKSMITH

>in a world where Olympian strength is tested by a jar of pickles

Educate yourself Veeky Forums
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_expansion

>unitasker meme