This shit is just American psycho without the violence

This shit is just American psycho without the violence

Has Delillo written anything of substance or is he just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0EnnmwbzvF0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread is shit.

Has OP ever made a thread of substance or does he just meme?

Delillo is the fucking shaman of literature. American psycho is pop satire. White noise is a meditation on fear and death in the technology boom era.

i feel u

nope. delillo is all pretty words. he has zero conviction in his work. he's the evangelion of literature

>implying evangelion is insincere

i hate you i hate you I HATE YOUUUUUUUUUU REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I stopped reading at chapter 20ish because of other things taking up my time, but I finished it just a month ago. I enjoyed it. The parts involving his Father's Gun were the most interesting to me, but the Nuns at the end were kind of just there. And not in the same way as everything else.

This T B H F A M

Does anything ever happen in this book ? I'm about a third in and there's literally nothing interesting other that one edgy kid

The Airborne Toxic Event (tm) is pretty intense.

What the actual fuck is interesting to you, then?
The satirical tone of White Noise is a delicious meal in itself, never mind the actual content, which itself is so, so chiseled and on point.

Reading it right now. I think it's a really good commentary on the fear of death and contemporary media-saturated world. And it's very enjoyable.
OP is a cuck.

Delillo's fiction, like DFW and Pynchon, is held back by the fact that he's lived a life of idle comfort (read: he's boring), nor do they have any talent for tragedy or comedy- because how are you gonna get famous doing things the way they've always been done? All they offer is the egotistic twaddling of someone seeking approval from the establishment.

read more DeLillo and you'll stop posting smug anime girls bel

>White Noise - 1985
>great satire at modern American suburban life with great prose.

>American Psycho - 1991
>Entertaining schlock with good spare prose.

>mfw have read this book twice and don't remember anything about nuns

The only thing evangelion HAD was conviction you Mongol.

I hate this board so much

how the fuck do you know that? Can you really say anything about a writer's life especially one as accomplished as DeLillo's and Pynchon's and DFW's? they've traveled, heard stories as well as told them, given speaches, received awards, studied HARD and worked HARD. that doesnt sound like a boring life to me, junior. Just because they didnt grow up a child soldier in somalia doesnt mean they led a "boring life" you stupid little shit. get off yer computer and takle a look at your own life and you'll maybe find some exitement in it.

"Diarrhea"

DFW goes on and on about how he only writes to impress people. They're not students of humanity, they're Geniuses of Post-Modern Thought.

youtube.com/watch?v=0EnnmwbzvF0

I wish death on you

Even if that were true, what would be wrong with admiring the thoughts and work of a genius? There's plenty of the human in IJ, I might agree in GR just because I found it so much less emotional, but even that had humanity. At what point does it qualify for you?