Is soup a food or a drink?

Is soup a food or a drink?

both

Is boba a drink or a soup?

>is this tea-based beverage a drink or a soup?

Tea-based. So, drink.

how does your body know what to send through your penis and what to send through your butt when you eat soup

Luck?

is V8 a soup or drink?

The answer to this question will have some serious implications.

V8 is a liquid vegetable thing, which could (in theory) be served hot. So if it is a soup, then that means that soups are also drinks. If it's a drink, then that means there is a soup-ness factor which V8 does not possess.

Your body extracts everything. The proteins, minerals, sugars, water. When you piss it's waste water from your bodys functions and shit is hyper-decomposed matter. You piss out liquid from steaks and chocolate.

I was about to say the difference is if it's hot or not, but then there's cucumber soup, which is cold.

Soups a food. A simple way to think about it, where is it on a menu in a restaurant? It's definitely not in the beverage section, and usually in a subsection of main dishes.
all the water goes to pee, and the lumpy parts go to the other side, duh.

Tomatoes are fruits not vegetables.

>make fruit salad
>put tomatoes in it
>everyone complains

no

>tfw the V stands for vegetable

Even so, it has other veggies mixed into it.

But now that you mention that, because tomato soup is a thing, and tomatoes are fruit, does that mean that you can have soups from other fruits?

Is apple juice a soup?

But you have to chew it so food.

I swallow boba whole and so should u

So then are things that aren't chewed drinks?

Is tomato soup with stewed tomatoes a food, but without is a drink?

Yes fruit soups are a real thing
I have an old cookbook with some recipes check out blueberry soup

Jesus Christ.

The captcha I got on my last one said select all the food, and guess what was there.

Just fucking guess what was there.

it's simple, ice is food (it's solid) and water is a drink (it's liquid) and if you put ice in water you have soup which is food + drink

this leads me to believe there are undiscovered food types with gas and plasma

>ice is food

lol

>solid + liquid = soup

So is turkey(solid) with gravy(liquid) a soup?

my last captcha said select all the drink. only cappuccinos were there. is coffee a soup?

I can post the recipes

>fruit
>soup
>in drink glasses

this is not ok

So is tomato soup a beverage

is gazpacho a drink or a sauce?

K so I just asked my little brother for ideas randomly, and he says that if you can add crackers or croutons to it, and it still tastes good, then it's a soup.

Thoughts?

is peach cobbler a stew? is cheesecake a soup?

it is a cold vegetable compound

WHOA WHOA WHOA

Who said anything about stews?

Soup doesn't make me any less thirsty, so it's not a drink

Beer makes you more thirsty, so is it an anti-drink?

I think we can all agree that this is a in fact a chicago pizza

soup is hot and savory gazpacho is cold and savory. juice is only juice if it's been filtered. however tomato soup is a drink and a soup but more complex soups with piece of whatever in them are not.

Speaking of Stews...

It's a type of casserole.

What the fuck happened to them after the 1980's?

So, OJ with pulp is soup?

Soup is soup

The dictionary definition of soup is "a liquid food made by boiling or simmering meat, fish, or vegetables with various added ingredients."
Obviously it's a food as the dictionary definition says so.
Now, by "drink," you really mean "beverage"
The dictionary definition of beverage is: "any potable liquid, especially one other than water, as tea, coffee, beer, or milk"

Therefore, as soup is defined as a "liquid food," and a beverage is defined as "any potable liquid," soup is both a food and a beverage (drink)

It's a drug.

Oh, young user. You've discovered one of the many technicalities of the culinary world!

You see, a combinations of solids and liquids can only be considered a soup when the volume of liquid is greater than than the volume of solid matter to the degree that the solid matter can be suspended within the liquid.

Liquids sharing a plate with solids in a lower volume fall under the classification of sauces.

Its a form of tea

You don't pee excess water, you mostly pee the shit that comes out of your kidneys

really makes u think

Are aloe drinks food? Is gelatin with no calories food?

It's salad a soup?

Gello is soup

You don't need to chew aloe drinks.

Gelatin with no calories wouldn't be food, but it would be edible. Zero calorie gelatin does not exist.

Nice

What people on this board constantly fail to realize is that foods aren't categorized exclusively by their ingredients and contents, but the contexts in which they exist in. Because of this, soup is a food. Under some specific contexts it can be a beverage like a Bovril tea.

If I put water in a bowl and eat it with a spoon is it a soup or a drink?

no oj with pulp is a gazpacho

Soup is neither good nor drink.
It is soup.

you dont have to chew it so no. Similarly ice cream is a drink unless its rocky road.

>soup is not good
come on over user, I'll make you some good soup.

what

I meant food but I'll take you up on that offer.

Did you crumble some crackers over it?

It was funnier when I misread it as ice is a food (it's a salad).

If it has no nutritional value it is not a food.

It's a beverage.

>If it has no nutritional value it is not a food.

i'm pretty sure water has the most nutritional value of anything since you'll die in a few days without it

>water
>nutrients
Water has nothing. It's 0 calories, 0 vitamins, 0 anything but 2 hydrogens and an oxygen.

If you take distilled water maybe or just approach it scientifically, in reality there are minerals which differ greatly from region to region or brand
Not saying you are wrong, of course you pointed out a retard