Where does crypto currently fall on this graph?

Where does crypto currently fall on this graph?

Other urls found in this thread:

qz.com/1217460/cryptocurrency-is-a-giant-multi-level-marketing-scheme/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Early majority

still early adopters

early majority

early adopters also link 1k eoy

I think we all know it is Laggards

Late majority, maybe even into the laggard. Pic very related

Faggards

Right around the 'r' in Early Adopters.

Early majority

innovators

This. Also it's a special situation because of everything-still-traded-against-bitchcoin.

Early adopters. Just because people have "heard" of Bitcorns doesn't mean its been adopted.

Bitcoin isn't a company with a flashy product. It's an open source project developed by academics and the goal is a complete re-invention of the global financial system. That means the target market is not a niche - it's the totality. Too many people here are stuck in the proprietary business paradigm.That being said, some cryptos are absolutely run like a penny stock.

cinsidering crypto will cover at least 10% of the world's wealth, anyone with more than $1000 currently in it is an early adoper. anyone with more than $1000,000 an an innovator.

it doesn't matter when one actually entered in terms of expected return. early adopters will be millionaires by the time the late majority enters (with $1000+)

This. This crash also prolonged this phase too. The people I do know that did put money into crypto lost some faith in it after the crash and the people that heard of it were pushed away from it.

I'd say Early majority

Search for a graph with a chasm. We are the early adopters, even Hyperledger thinks so;)

We're EARLY in the early adopters section. Ask yourself what percentage of the population has heard of Bitcoin and knows wtf it is.

And then realize basically nobody even knows there are other cryptos besides BTC.

And even fewer people understand what blockchain might accomplish in the future.

To compare to the internet, we're in about 1994-1995 AOL dial-up era.

early early majority

tail end Early adopters to the start of early majority

in terms of expected future investment in crypto, what matters is what % of the wealth people hold who have heard of crypto.

i'd say that's well over 50%.

however, people haven't put serious thought into crypto. highly qualified people say gibberish shit about it. they're at the beginning phase of understanding what crypto is actually bringing to this world and are yet to put any significant amount of their wealth in it.
when the fat cats begin storing significant amount of their wealth into crypto, that'll be early (then probably very quickly late, it'll likely be a self-inducing process) majority phase

No way. Go talk to a few people outside of your normal circle.

Reminder that this is the only chart you should be following in crypto.

If you answer anything other than Laggards you're just deluding yourselves. Haven't you noticed how the entire atmosphere has shifted? Only a small core still tries to make money with crypto. The majority has already moved on, which is why we're treading on the place right now.

Early adopter. Anyone who thinks we are in the early majority haven't read the chasm book.

oh yeah cause the minute somebody hears of something it's too late
Crypto took years to even be cared about by normies, saying we're beyond the point of people caring is absurd

this, next time you go outside, if ever, ask 10 people "hey have you heard of cryptocurrency or blockchain technology?"

you will get 9 negatives

Between innovators and early adopters.
Maybe a lot of people have heard about bitcoin because of its crazy gains in the last year, but how many people know about any other cryptocurrency?
Also, there is almost none working product out there. XRP is one which is actually used but still far from finished, and literally every other project is valued on promises and hype only. The big growth will come when we leave those alpha stages of development.

2017 may Veeky Forums called, they want your idiotism back

2011 bitcointalk also called

early majority?

99% of the stuff on CMC is in early production and far from being usable yet alone used in the manner it was intended to. Obviously we are early adopters. This assumes you bought into something that will actually be adopted though, if you are all in some chink scamcoin you aren't an early adopter but just a moron

Calling it now, save this image

It's funny when people use muh media excuse to claim that crypto is at its peak when bitcoin has been getting media coverage since the mesozoic era. Coverage certainly does not equate to adoption

>10 years to get out of early adopters
kek no
2020 will probably see an early majority

i think when we reach any 'majority phase' it'll very quickly get to laggerds.

not in terms of number of people entering, but in terms of % of wealth of the world put into crypto, which is the one that actually matters.

What percentage of the population has money in crypto? 2%? That's somewhere between innovator and early adopter.

+1

honestly thank you for that pic.

Actually really difficult for me to explain to the new guys.

if it's only 2% that's still innovator

So does this mean we’re laggards or hyper early?

There are not enough NEETs on this planet for crypto to be at even the 5%ile of whatever this shitty graph is supposed to chart..

Imagine how leeching and vampiric boomers feel to millennials.. Millennials will be so much worse to gen Z and their kids if the innovators really want to make the bitcoin bubble a century not a decade...

HAHAHAHHA 2%!!!!

IIF IT WAS FUCKING 2% I WOULD BE A FUCKING BILLIONAIRE>

it's 0.05% ATH.

jesus christ guys, there aren't even any fucking instituional investors on the ground floor yet.

Everybody is buying into blockchain still, and us assholes just happen to be here a little early to the game.

Lol September will make 19k bitcoin look like a joke.

I think you're delusional m8
if you're right I'll be pleasantly surprised but I don't see it

Buh buh buh banks don’t have blockchain whatever ur right banks don’t need blockchain don’t short BB&T just yet

All of you are retarded. Statistics show, the only factual argument here, that 1 in 10 people own crypto. That's exactly 10%, making us early adopters.

Don't let the shill posts confuse you, just because a few old ladies post on facebook about bitcoin, or a few random celebrities start shilling it, that doesn't mean that 90% of people who have heard of crypto know anything about it other than that it's digital money.

>subject of crypto comes up in conversation with coworkers
>they have no apparent awareness of any crypto besides bitcorn
>they have no apparent awareness of what bitcorn actually is
>one guy says "bitcoin will fail because there's nothing backing it"
we're early adopters for sure

This is my 3rd crash.

Btw, nobody here should feel bad about not being in crypto before 2016, before about May of 2016, Crypto was flatlined and daily FUD made me want to commit suicide.

EVERY single fucking time that this happens, everybody loses their goddamn mind. The difference is that this time people are buying the fucking Don Tapscott books, and asking each other at work "what's this blockchain thing i'm hearing all about".

This isn't a larp, sure I've made money but who fucking hasn't here/will.

If you don't believe me (you don't) look up 'Crypto is dead" memes on google.

Most are from 2016.

Beginning of early majority / end of early adopters

>2% of adoption right now is the absolute peak
the % in the graph refers to the total of people who will consider adopting crypto, ever...
... and not the % of Earth's population, damn

Late majority
Get out now
qz.com/1217460/cryptocurrency-is-a-giant-multi-level-marketing-scheme/

Literally this. I work with a bunch of pajeet and chink programmers, you would think if anyone knew at least the basics about crypto it would be them, but when I mention crypto they make all the generic grandma arguments:

>But it's not really worth anything since its not real!
>If its real money then where can I spend it!?

We are early adopters, and the only people who think otherwise are autistic fucks who don't go outside.

for BTC i would say, whoever still holding BTC Late Majority to Laggards
for Altcoins i dont know

Before innovators

whats your argument against them though

Early adopters, duh.

No, it is no absurd. Times have changed. People move on from things in the span of months, weeks, if not days. There is no 'year long bullrun' anymore. In today's society we either get instant gratification or we move on. Normies went in, normies went out, and only we are left. Normies don't fucking care anymore and it only took them a month to get over the entire crypto space.

I think everybody here is slightly more autistic as a result of reading your post.

So what kinda bags you holding user?

you guys are all invested in crypto and fucking talking yourselves out of it.

they 'got over' in a month cause the crash happened
when crypto goes up again they'll scurry back into it
>hurr durr but it's never going up again we going to $0
nothing dumps forever

I graduated from Harvard University with a degree in business and I've used incredibly complex TA to find out where we are on that graph.

As you can see I've plotted facebook's popularity over time and highlighted when my mom started using it. If you place bitcoin's slope on the facebook curve and then overlay the adoption curve over that you can clearly see moms will be using crypto in 3 years.

We are on the mid/lagging side of the early adopters

Normies will absolutely be back when we hit new ATHs, and they'll "buy high sell low"™. That's why they're normies.

>Bitcoin isn't a company with a flashy product. It's an open source project developed by academics and the goal is a complete re-invention of the global financial system.

Do newfags nowdays don't even know about Satoshi Nakamoto and his NEET adventures or what?

Man when did normies steal this place from us?

This and that 10% is mostly us peasents.

My grandmother owns Bitcoin and we're from a rural town in the midwest of the US.

so?
>hey look a relative of someone who knows about crypto has crypto, WHAT A SHOCK WE IN THE LAGAGRD PHASE! NO MORE MONEY

my mum wanted to buy 1 buttcoin in december but dad advised against it

What's the source on this? And that's not really reassuring tbqh because a significant portion of the population knows about them but doesn't want anything to do with them.

>My grandmother owns Bitcoin

But does she know what Tron/Ripple/Litecoin/Etherium are?

Odds are she just bought on speculation and really doesn't know about the rest of the market.

Don't be dumb fucks. 30% of individuals in my nation holds Crypto and 50% of households do as well.

In Japan it's almost at 70% and I wouldn't be surprised if it was even higher in Korea. And China almost seeing these levels.

Western Europe also has quite a big penetration as well as the third world.

We're almost in the middle of the scale from early majority to late majority.

Don't be delusional. I've been here for 3 years already.

>2008-2010
Innovators
>2011-2013
Early adopters
>2014-2016
Early majority
>2017
Late majority
>2018
Laggards

Begin of Early Majority. Maybe also Early Adopters when you look at the market cap.

Can you buy a cup of coffee with crypto?

Only at less than 1% of coffee shops. When that number hits 50% we'll be hitting late adopters.

We're innovators because right now bitcoin isn't used for anything

>he thinks we're innovators
kek

No she doesn't have a fucking clue about what any of it is, and she needed me to buy it for her through coinbase because she couldn't figure it out.

We have one really autistic relative/inlaw that was talking about it during the bullrun and was making it sound like he was making a lot of money (he probably wasn't). He's kind of a liberal/hippie faggot and being from the midwest my grandma is conservative and doesn't really like him lmao. I think she wanted to buy some just to make some money as well lmfao. So take my personal anecdote with a grain of salt but I'm just saying.

One thing I'll say is that I'm in engineering school right now and I only ever heard it brought up once and it was by some really, really autistic sounding kid during the bull run. I have no doubt that there are others like me that bought but never mentioned it, but it's hard to say how many.

We are now at 1%.

40 Trillion market cap (total money suppy worldwide) = 100%.
400 Billion now = 1%.

Easy calculation. This does not mean Bitcoin or any other coin will win. It is just Cryptocurrency vs. Fiat Money.

Late majority. Anyone who says "early adopters" just got in in December.

You're the opposite. Bitcoin Core was pumping as steam stopped accepting it.

exactly. as far as crypto talk goes, 'real world use' is usually a dumb consideration at this stage if you're making speculative investments, since there's nothing tangible yet for most people. and there won't be for a while--and even when it does penetrate a broader audience, we're talking about an abstract technological layer. it's not like a fancy new toy people will soon be holding in their hands.

>Innovators: 2009-2013
>Early adopters: 2013-2017
>Early majority: 2017-

source?

>doesn't really like him lmao
>make some money as well lmfao
>grain of salt but I'm just saying

Are you 16 years old? Do you always type like this? Are you as much of an insufferable faggot as you sound?

1. Google "proof of work," and you'll know why bitcoin has actual value, as opposed to the dollar which is literally backed by nothing. The dollar used to have value, since 1 dollar was worth 1 dollar of gold, but faggy ass Nixon removed the gold standard, so now the dollar is literally valueless and can be infinitely printed by the government whenever they feel like. It's pretty ironic that people argue "but bitcoin isn't real," when there's a finite amount of it and it's backed by math, whereas the USD is infinite and backed by nothing.

2. Yes, you can't spend it in many places right now, but that's because the infrastructure doesn't exist yet. People saying "muh I can't spend it anywhere" are using the logic of horse and buggy companies who were battling Ford. Nowadays there are vehicles that can drive offroads, but back then the shitty cars needed mostly flat pavement to work. Horse and buggy companies argued "yeah, automobiles are better than horse and buggy technically, but where can I drive them!? They break down on rocky dirt roads, which is what 99% of the roads on earth are!" Fast-forward 100 years and a gigantic % of the civilized planet is covered in pavement. When superior tech exists, infrastructure WILL follow.

dam u mad as hell lol

Which part was insufferable?

The parts I quoted, you absolute fucking mong.

Why is it insufferable?

>mfw September of 2010

seen worldwide? innovators. seen in what matters, as in white males and the cultural equivalent in other countries - early majority.

i do hope that everyone with a couple hundred to spare put them in crypto by now. if not, hey, there will be another bullrun. on the other hand it doesnt speak for the intelligence of the general population if i am an early adopter of anything revolutionary lol

Early adopter of a marketing pyramid scheme maybe

this is some genious marketing crypto to women

this is a contrary sign to the claim that 50% of women in the developed world own any crypto

they dont, they really dont

>white males

Nigga. The majority of crypto holders are asian women. Not even kidding. Look up what the distribution of Bitcoin actually is. 40% of ALL bitcoin is in the hands of Japanese housewives. Asia in General has 80% of all crypto.

Crypto is basically an asian market/concept and westerners are just a very small side-part of it.

Pretty hard for small caucasian brains to understand but still.

What comes after Laggards? Is it Stinky Linkies, still holding and waiting for their moon mission?

>cryptocurrencies
Early-late majority
>blockchain tech as a whole
Early adopters

>you
Idiot

USD is backed by aircraft carriers, the world largest military, and a status as global reserve for trade of petroleum. Kinda tough to beat with your imaginary internet moneys 'math'

Muh usd is backed by the military meme.

So they gonna start killing people who don't accept usd?

They’ve been doing it for years