How often do you read stuff you disagree with...

How often do you read stuff you disagree with? You don't want to turn into an American who thinks everyone who disagrees with him is an irrational liberal/bigot/cuck who's out to destroy society do you?

How often do liberals, SJWs and tumblrinas read stuff that disagrees with them without resorting to namecalling, demanding safe spaces, and demanding an end to free speech by calling it hate speech?

It's fine if I'm reading something like Aristotle or Nietzsche or whatever, but reading for example the newspaper makes me break stuff so I tend to refrain from that.

Op included the word "bigot", implying the question was directed both ways.

>How often do liberals, SJWs and tumblrinas

Well that was quick.

What was quick?

>You don't want to turn into an American who thinks everyone who disagrees with him is an irrational liberal/bigot/cuck who's out to destroy society do you?

yes don't try to be better than people you think are in the wrong, just sit there screaming about it

Your mom. To suck my dick.

>missing the point

Thanks for quoting the OP, but that doesn't help much.

Regularly. Can't live in an echo chamber.

I do read Gawker Media websites, Rolling Stone, Vice, and other left-wing tabloids, but only via archive.is.

I'm not trying to defend people usually included in said groups, but delimitating them as all stupid people and wrong about everything (which, by reflection, makes you right) is the toxic behavior, this splitting and 'taking sides'.

You're reading more into that post than is there, LOL.

*delimiting

There are actually some SJWs that I like, even if they're retarded and wrong about lots of things.

>that I like

Wrong attitude again. Don't ask 'do I agree with this?', ask 'why is this?'

>being this afraid of affirming your own moral, phyiscal, intellectual and spiritual superiority

ardently right wing but I'm doing a political economy degree
all of my assigned readings are left leaning and I pretend to be a Marxist when I write essays

You can obviously do both.

The only way you can feel superior is because there are scapegoat people you can feel superior to, you are nothing without them.

It would be better were I nothing and everyone superior to me.

This right the fuck here.

Nice rhetorical flair there faggot, bet you did great in rabbinical school.

I am superior to these "people" because I know I am, on an essential level.

Thanks for adding to the discussion.

Not a day passes without something being declared racist, imperialistic, homophobic, transphobic, etc. Exactly these people should read something outside of their echo chambers. It's those who demand that people should be more open towards each other segregate themselves.

This claim is true, and it's specifically based on reading materials that said people have written.

You now that appeal to sentimentality and intuition is also rhetoric right? Every discussion is rhetoric in some way.

Yes, that is why I've come to exalt violence.

know*

I'm not afraid that my eyes passing over some words will transform me.

You should be pleased by it, IMO.

I try to do that on a daily basis, it's one of the core tenets of my life. My opinions and ideas are worthless if they can't withstand the impact of every part of my life, including that which is opposite to them. I routinely read /pol/, /r9k/, SJW sites, the speeches of those politicians I abhor, communiques of organizations whose members I'd like to kick in the ribcage, the futile words our society keeps throwing into the maw of our hyperkinetic society, the immortal phrases of philosophers I adore and hate.

It's the only way you can do justice to yourself and your beliefs, otherwise you become a festering, piss-ridden hole of idiotic arrogance.

This is why non-American culture never catches on. Their bait tastes terrible.

Then why is anime so popular?

I would be if I wasn't a miserable bitch.

It's not mainstream popular. So, if you want a medium length straw to grasp, hopefully that is enough.

It's shown on multiple major TV channels regularly so it's definitely mainstream popular.

Congratulations on your popularity.

It's not shown on CBS at 8pm.

Neither are a lot of mainstream things.

Yes, a lot of mainstream things are not mainstream.

Well, since I'm on Veeky Forums, I read plenty of shit that I disagree with. Doesn't bother me in the slightest. Some of it's actually kind of funny.

Anyone who gets seriously offended when they see words they don't like needs to reexamine their life.

Where you from, senpai?

Nice b8

>How often do you read stuff you disagree with?

Every time I come to this site.

>You don't want to turn into an American who thinks everyone who disagrees with him is an irrational liberal/bigot/cuck who's out to destroy society do you?

No. I'm actually terrified of the possibility, though. My own father seems to have a bit of the "if you disagree with me politically you're not only wrong, you're immoral" in him, and I resemble him in many ways already. Most of them good, but not always.