Kickass obscure authors. I recently read McElroy, gass and hawkes and enjoyed them

kickass obscure authors. I recently read McElroy, gass and hawkes and enjoyed them.

what are some other good obscure authors. Hopefully with more than one good book. thanks nigz

I never hear philip roth on Veeky Forums, but he's jewish

He's also not obscure

neither is McElroy, Gass, or Hawkes

They're slightly obscure. Definitely more obscure than Roth. Gass is the least obscure of those.

yes they are. look at their goodreads pages compared to Roth

Are we talking lit obscure, or real life obscure here?

I assume lit obscure. Most of the things Veeky Forums talks about are real life obscure.

The way I see it, Roth is Veeky Forums obscure, but super well known outside so it depends on what OP wanted. If he never goes outside, Roth maybe obscure for him

Peter Sotos

either or really. just more authors the better. I wanna branch out and find something new.

Enrique Vila-Matas
T C Boyle
E L Doctorow

Roth is not obscure here at all. If you ask the random person on the street who he is, however, then they probably won't have heard of him.

Kobo Abe
John Banville
Anthony Trollope

Op here. fuck the sea lol

Gregor von Rezzori
Claude Simon
Wolfgang Koeppen
Kent Haruf

Léon Bloy
Georges Bernanos
Charles Maurras
Pierre Boutang
Alain-Fournier

non-francophones need not apply

BS Johnson
Edmund Crispin

César Aira, try An Episode in the Life of a Landscape Painter

I'm glad you enjoyed them. If you are looking for some more nobodies, check out Roubaud, Queneau, Orlovitz, Coover, Theroux, Porta, Mano, Markson, and Mathews. He's really not obscure anymore, but, if you haven't read him already, also check out Gass' good buddy--William Gaddis.

Pleased to see that a screenshot I've taken has caught on.
Have I created a meme?
Am I God?

High five for Oulipo clique! Who here into Perec?

Good point.

There's so many important and renowned authors that Veeky Forums NEVER talks about: Georges Perec, Ingeborg Bachmann, Herta Müller, Cees Nooteboom, Lu Xun, José Lezama Lima, W.G. Sebald, the list goes on...

nobody mentions Krasznahorkai here, so I guess he would be considered Veeky Forums obscure

there's a couple of us who talk about him every now and again

You forgot about: Gil Orlovitz, John Hawkes, William Gass, William T. Vollmann, William Blake, William Gaddis, Malcolm Lowry, D. Keith Mano, John Barth, Robert Coover, Arno Schmidt, Julian Rios, Raymond Federman, Harry Mathews, David Markson, Gilbert Sorrentino, the list goes on...

her tits look so nice. I subscribed and told her to do a video on the beach. about what books to bring on vacation. praying for 2 piece bathing suit.

I try to get people here to read him. Best author currently active IMO

McElroy's pretty obscure. Not on this board, but in general. Novels out of print left and right. I don't just mean Women and Men either

Hawkes is about as obscure as, say, Modigliani

>Wolfgang Koeppen

woah this guy sounds sick. thanks nigz

Best place to start?

anywhere you fucking retard. I hate this question.

less than 1000 is obscure

You're a total fucking loser if you hate that question.

anyone who asks that question is a faggot

I'd say The Melancholy of Resistance is his best

Anyone who can't see the value in it is a lost cause.

Thanks

Stanley Elkin doesn't get talked about much. Really funny guy.

Charles Portis isn't obscure but for 99% of people he's "that guy who wrote True Grit".

I've seen several of those mentioned on Veeky Forums before

We have threads about a lot of those, but some of them actually are pretty obscure.

Presumably some of his books are better than others, and that user just wants a recommendation as to which ones are his best