How to be an existentialist:

How to be an existentialist:

>Hi! I am a highschool pseudo-intellectual.
>"Today we will learn about Existentialism," says the teacher.
>I like this philosophy. It's kind of sad (not really true at all) and I like how they're all sad French guys who smoked and looked kind of sad. I'm sad and they were sad too and we're both sad so maybe I can be an exitenshallest and be sad and the whole world will know that I am sad and also smart.
>I will read Jean-Paul Sartre's "Being and Nothingness"
>Just got back from reading 5 pages. It was great!
*puts book down and never picks it up again
>Maybe I should try reading something a little easier. How about Sartre's novel Nausea.
>Just read like 30 pages of Nausea. Wow. My mind is really opening up to this sad philosophy.
*gives Nausea to a friend and tells him to read it. Tells him, "I've read it twice by now." Friend knows you're lying but that's okay because he still likes you because he thinks you're kind of goofy.
>I know so much about existentialism now.
>"So, what do you believe user?" You're friend asks you one day.
>Ha! Definitely don't believe in God. I'm actually an exastenshaless
>"Oh, cool! What's that?"
>It's where, like, nothing even matters. Like, we create meaning. And nothing even matters AT ALL. It's kind of sad.
>"Huh. Sounds sad. I'm sad too. Maybe I'll join you in being an axasenshaless."

And the outgrowth of the "hip" philosophy will continue. And still no one will know what it actually is.

Please don't post on this site anymore.

I know both literary and philosophical periods don't really have concrete dates upon which everyone can agree, but did the rise of existentialism occur due to the abundance of tropological writing in Modernism, or was it because of the pessimistic writing in Modernism?

Nausea's good, people are wrong about it

Yeah, but pseuds always try to read it when they learn about an entry level philosophy like existentialism, and usually their reading comprehension is not what it needs to be to fully grasp something like Nausea.

>Seconded

What's with all the anti existentialism threads in the past 20 minutes

>exastenshaless
kek'd loudly

samefag

not sure whether to kek or to tell you to kill yourself

i red the entire Being and Nothingness when i was 16. I must be a genius.

the real high school intellectuals don't ever unleash their power level, they simply internalize it and put up the facade of a normal person.

but every Saturday they retreat down into the depths of their cousin Daniels basement, bringing works of philosophy, history, literature, and poetry with them to seek the harmony they cannot obtain on the outside.

Of course you are, son. Dont forget that mommy loves you *kisses*

It's good one OP, kinda made me laugh at myself. Thanks for pointing this out.

This is pretty funny. It describes normies so well.

Nice shitpost

I expected to get triggered by this since I am an existentialist but I ended up laughing. thanks OP

I admit it was pretty good.

I'm loving how some people in this thread are writing this off as a shit post.

>axasenshaless
crying

OP masturbates furiously as he types with his right hand, fighting back hot tears. He hopes his mother doesn't hear him, but knows she probably does and has been beyond caring for years. He shifts his massive body weight in his office care, and it creaks and squeals menacingly under his giant, hairy ass, staining the seat through his pajama pants and week-old boxer briefs. He wonders vaguely why nobody likes him, but then his phimosis-stucken penis gets one of those sharps pains you get after jerking off too much and he chokes on Mountain Dew

why is this so funny

Every Sartre writing on philosophy is pure rubbish. His plays are very good though

His plays are writings on philosophy as well though.

wtf is tropological writing

Tropology means the figurative use of language.
Tropological is its adjective form.
I learned it the other day.

neat strawman, boy its fun to imagine groups of human beings into existence for the sole purpose of mocking them!

This was so accurate that I kinda hate myself