Hello, gentlemen

Hello, gentlemen.

Why don't you already own the brand new Kindle Oasis?

Cause I'm not a thieving nigger

Too expensive and is not really worth it.

Because I have a library of hardcover and paperbacks and also own an iPad. Looks nice, though.

Hey, man, it's our thinnest and lightest Kindle ever. It has the longest Kindle battery life too. Up on amazon.com for $289.99.

cuz laptop can run GTA
whereas ebook devices simpy-
can not

iPad is for comics only.

You are too young to browse this board

Neither can a fridge or water glass.

I had to show I.D. proving I was an adult when I bought GTA. L2 logic

>our

You can buy a used paperwhite for 119

You are a manchild then

What makes it better than a Kobo Glo HD?

because I own the superior paperwhite

because e readers are for fags

Because I can't get arcane alchemical texts on kindle

I already have a Kobo Aura H2O, why would I need a Kindle?

Because my first-gen Kindle is still truckin' along like a champ.

Fuck planned obsolescence.

Question, I have a bunch of ePub files on my mac. Would I be able to transfer them onto a paperwhite?

But user.. I do!

If you download a file converter like Calibre you shouldn't have a problem. That's what I do, anyway.

have fun throwing away money to people who had almost nothing to do with producing the product your buying

Because the Fire works fine and for anything but reading and maybe watching a movie on a plane or something, I'd rather use a PC.

The Kindle does not have native support of the ePub format, however, these files can be converted quite easily.

Still rocking the Sony PRS-350. Fucking thing's immortal.

because i don't need to pay 200 dollars to read a fucking book. you're never gonna read 1000 books anyhow so why the hell you care that you can carry that many books around?

Hey Garth, that's a haiku

sage

I don't even have to look over this thread to know there are kobo shills in here but as always

>ignore kobo posts, ignore kobo threads

That out of the way, I still have a functioning paperwhite 2. Not sure what the Oasis actually offers as opposed to the paperwhite 2.

Convince to me upgrade/

Question: Did Amazon make it impossible to jailbreak the paperwhite. My dad just gave me one and it's great for reading but absolutely for everything else. There are literally drug ads as my screensaver. Is this some sort of joke? What happen to the old art screensavers that use to be on the really old kindle.

absolutely shit*

I don't currently have an e-reader (just a nook color) and am genuinely interested in the differences between Kobos and Kindles.

You have to pay extra if you don't want the ads.

That's horseshit. You pay for a product and get ads? what if I want to change the incredible shity format or make it easier to add/remove books between my computer and kindle

Horseshit. I have the cheaper one and ads can literally be turned off in settings. The only ad that can't be disabled is the lock screen when its off.

Nah. If you're on firmware 5.7.1 (You're probably not), you can jailbreak a Paperwhite. No jailbreak is gonna get rid of ads, though.
If you want to get rid of ads, log in to the Amazon account linked with the Kindle, go to Amazon's chat support, and make up some bullshit like "I live outside the US so the ads don't apply to me." Make sure you can think on your feet in case the rep asks further questions. The Pajeet doesn't care, but I imagine that disabling so many ads in such and such amount of time would probably get them fired or something else might happen.

how would living outside the us make the ads not relevant? They are ads for incredibly horrible e-books

Oh, I forgot to mention something.
Don't even bother jailbreaking unless the default lock screen backgrounds really suck or something. Nothing in a Kindle Jailbreak other than the screensaver hack is worth navigating through the confusing, loosely-related forum posts explaining how to apply the jailbreak. You can install KOR, I guess, but I see no reason to when converting .epub files is so easy and painless while .pdf files will never be good for ereaders. Happy trails.
Yeah, there's a distinction there. There are "suggestions" on the home screen, which can be disabled if you want. I disable them because they take up too much space, but those suggestions may appeal to people because they actually make suggestions based off of your purchased Kindle books.
The lock screen ads are the "special offers" that are just ads for books that you probably don't give a fuck about.
I'm not sure. I just read about how that excuse worked for plenty of people on >reddit
I imagine that the ads are probably targeted for US or European markets depending on where the Kindle was bought. I don't know this for sure, but I do know that the chat support method works.

Would it be so much to ask for a kindle that is actually user friendly?

I went on amazon's customer support online chat and asked to remove the ads and they did it for free. They also refunded me over $100 for a book I bought for no reason. Just chat them up and be nice.

Not sure if the paperwhite works the same way, but when I used a standard kindle I would hold the power button to totally shut it down, whereas only pressing the button would bring up a screensaver (and ads).

buy a non kindle ebook which supports free formats and doesn't need any software to upload books

kindle is like a non option