Why is it that every time I try to grill hamburgers they always shrink into meatballs? I use 70/30...

Why is it that every time I try to grill hamburgers they always shrink into meatballs? I use 70/30. What am I doing wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mK67NNNqWSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What else are you putting in the burgs?

Make larger patties?

30% fat is quite high, that's going to get you some shrinkage. Even moreso if you're buying the really cheap ground meat.

go for 20%. And even then there will be some shrinkage. You can help preempt that by making the patty thinner in the center than at the edges. When the patty shrinks it will end up flat rather than round.

Its the fat content. I use 85/15 and mix some ground pork/cut bacon into it. They come out great.

>protip make them flat then PRESS with your flat part of the thumb in the middle (basicly pressed flatter in the middle once) to prevent meatball burgers.

>>fat content is the problem
>>the mix I use is about the same fat content as yours

Pick one.

So smash out your patties way wider than you think you want and count on shrinkage.

Thank you for this informative, problem-solving post.

he only has half of your fat you dumb shit, on top of that meats are often injected with water, this makes them easier to grill for idiots and increases the supermarkets profit margin, look for that
or consider suicide as you didn't understand that if fat is the problem and he uses only half the amount you do, that would be significant

in 30% fat vs 15% fat, there will be twice as much fat melting and running off. That means twice as much mass disappears, leading to twice as much shrinkage. 15% extra fat is definitely significant.

I learned something today

Did you chucklefucks miss the part where he's adding BACON to the patty? Or do you think he's using magical bacon that contains no fat?

he said bacon or any kind of pork, he didn't specify the amount so the impact that would have is hard to determine
on top of that lean bacon is a thing, just like with other cuts of meat you will find 10-90 90-10 products, he could also be trimming off surface fat.
most importantly if he's adding other meat he has probably already made a plain 85-15 burger and would thus know how it would come out

Let them be. Morning Veeky Forums is especially retarded because the urban housewives haven't "had [their] coffee yet tee-hee".

however to conclude these posts, use less fatty meat
buy from a butcher you can trust, super market meat gets tempered with
turn your meat plates into bowls so they don't turn into balls

>timezones are jewish deception
>my nignog

holy based rusev

Is that who this [hopefully] butthole cuddler is? He's cute. He should cuddle my butthole.

and big dent in middle.

>and big dent in middle.

This. Form patties gently and quickly, do not overwork them. Use decent beef. Ideally with a 1/3 of the meat being ground lamb...

I'm about to blow your mind OP, you ready? don't listen to these fags it's probably got nothing to do with fat content, but rather the smoke of the grill sucking out all the water and moisture from the meat hence resulting in a loss in net volume. You can avoid this by having a bottle of water with you at the grill and pouring it over the patties whenever you open the grill to check on them.

I know the water thing is obvious trollbait but what's perhaps more offensive is the idea of grilling burgers with the lid closed.

He could be using British bacon IE ham.

Matchka*

lower the fat content of the ground beef.
15% -20% is fine for burgers.
Secondly get a burger press. It makes it so much easier. proper sizing = even cooking on the grill and better carmelization. Your burgers look like pasty turds, barely any sear on them at all..baka

You should also try a grill mat. we use them here and its amazing. you dont get flare up from the bbq and the meat gets a great sear and grill marks. I was skeptical but I'm sold on them in the kitchen and around the grill.

youtube.com/watch?v=mK67NNNqWSU

hamburger is better suited to gridles than grills.

start with very high heat to get some color, then drop the heat for the rest of the cooking time (depending on ingredients/thickness).

if you want grill hamburger, they need to be very thin (1-2cm), with very little fat and preferably some egg or bread in them to keep them from becoming hockey pucks.

for fat juicy hamburger, gridle it.

anyways, cmon, grill is for real cuts of meat and blackening vegetables,

not feeling the grill mat at all, bro...

might as well pan fry..

im not seeing any grill marks either.

i suppose this would be a good option for hamburger if you want to do all your cooking on a grill alongside steaks/chicken etc on the grill proper.

wft isbthat made ofnanyways? skipped throughbit and cba to google.

PS: Fk gas grills.

Charcoal ball grill gets you color and flavor ifnyou have the patience and sense to get a good glow going and learn to identify the hotspots.

>Secondly get a burger press

Nope. It might make sizing easy, but it also happens to ruin the texture of the patty by overcompressing it. If you want to portion your food use a scale.

>>You should also try a grill mat
Why? It clearly blocks the juices from dripping down into the fire, which defeats the whole point of using a grill. If a sear was my highest priority I'd be using a pan.

he's a wrassler, he's the us champ

hes also a big based bear

80/20 angus. make em a tad thinner in the middle. flip only once.

burgers dont belong on the grill.
its a misplaced murican male delusion.

burgers belong on a gridle.

>gas grill
>ashed off unlit cigar
>shriveled burgers
>faggot selfie
>most cooked over center heat, least on peripheral
>>>saving gass on the burners

this is full fail and micropenis compensation with no skill or understanding.

also hasnt cleaned his grill. ever.

look at that caking on it.

he's adding bacon to it so the fat content will probably end up being the same, more or less...

Is that George Zimmerman?

Rusev

you want your uncooked patty to look like a red blood cell with a wider diameter than the bun.

actually a pan is best

in fact most shit people throw on a grill is better cooked in a pan

Who is he?

the Bulgarian Brute

He's getting snizz on the reg from this semen demon.

Best us champ around. Rusev #1

I didn't know this picture of Rusev existed. Thanks.

I thought he left her when he dropped the Soviet Union?

make it flatter dude

flatter dude

No, they're married in real life
Everyone just acknowledges that trying to make him Russian was dumb and pretends it never happened