I want to rip open a bee nest and eat the comb, larva and all. I bet it would be so fucking delicious

I want to rip open a bee nest and eat the comb, larva and all. I bet it would be so fucking delicious.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Dl3nnPskrRo
youtube.com/watch?v=SVl_lJLHpqo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bees aren't birds you fucking retard, they don't live in nests.

What do bees live in?

a beehive

>bee nest

Are you sure?

That's not how bees work.

The new bees are not in the honey storage. That's why you can just take the combs out and spin then.

How can you be this ignorant?

Well commercial beehives (langstroth or top bar hives specifically) are designed very carefully to make that the case. Obviously you don't want to do more damage to the hive by stealing larvae, and most people don't want them in your honey. This is why a lot of people include wire mesh called a queen excluder in their hives, to keep the queen from moving into the honeycomb and laying brood there.
In a wild hive, you'd probably find a lot of brood mixed with the honey.

I just killed a hive with wasp spray, fuck bees and pollination.

If only bees had some kind of natural defense to protect their nests

lol. I've seen just tons of comb after comb in trees and old water cans. But those guys hurt. It's funny when 8 of them attach to your pants just stinging nothing.

you think you got away, and the whole nest is attached to your shorts. lol

Pooh get off of Christopher Robin's computer. How did you even find Veeky Forums?

>kills bees
>no bees to pollinate cows and pigs anymore
>no more meat

Thanks a lot you fuck

Bees are going extinct you fuck

>Bees are going extinct you fuck
Well, wasps KILL bees. We don't get honey from wasps.

Get the fuck off the internet bear, who lets you use a computer?

Fucking hippies. There are other pollinators that aren't pieces of shit, stinging pricks.

Where else you gonna get honey m8

no.

butterflies are scary.

His butler. He maxed out his bluff check.

This post, right here, he gets it.
Thank you.

look at this sexy shit op

youtube.com/watch?v=Dl3nnPskrRo

Bees make honey and pollinate. Do wasps and hornets have any use besides killing people

what chu think you is, winnie the pooh?

I Wonder if you could make honey out of flowers and bark like artifical honey

>Adult hornets and their relatives (e.g., yellowjackets) feed themselves with nectar and sugar-rich plant foods. Thus, they can often be found feeding on the sap of oak trees, rotting sweet fruits, honey and any sugar-containing foodstuffs. Hornets frequently fly into orchards to feed on overripe fruit. Hornets tend to gnaw a hole into fruit to become totally immersed into its pulp. A person who accidentally plucks a fruit with a feeding hornet can be attacked by the disturbed insect.

>The adults also attack various insects, which they kill with stings and jaws. Due to their size and the power of their venom, hornets are able to kill large insects such as honey bees, grasshoppers, locusts and mantises without difficulty. The victim is fully masticated and then fed to the larvae developing in the nest, rather than consumed by the adult hornets.

Hornets: Nature's assholes.

Hehe. I just read a little article too.
Apparantly, they are pretty nasty and efficient pest control for protecting crops from things like excessive catepillars, and farmers like wasps enough to bring them onto the property. All in life's balance, I suppose.

someone post some honeycomb capping webms pls

don't try too hard to be honeyst.

Sure I don't see why not, would be time consuming though. Which is why the fact that we don't pay the bees for their honey production is all the more sad, everything they do is to get that honey and we just take it.

On another note, how much honey can one safely consume in say, one day? Would it be unhealthy to eat to eat a whole jar in one sitting?

Caramel is a better sugar source.

My neighbour has his own beehive for honey. More as a hobby than anything else, but it's still pretty cool.

Only downside is that once a year a giant terrorswarm decides to migrate and build a new hive in a tree somewhere which freaks out some of the people in the neighbourhood, but the guy just scoops them up again.

kek

Yeah, bees can be pretty cool. I'd like to get a hive eventually.

The only insects that build around my house are wasps. The fat bees leave you alone if you leave them alone, but god forbid you get within a certain distance of a wasp.

>youtube.com/watch?v=SVl_lJLHpqo