What happens when vegans/vegetarians go to jail? Do the jail serve them vegan/vegetarian food?

What happens when vegans/vegetarians go to jail? Do the jail serve them vegan/vegetarian food?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/08/ramen-prison-economy/497228/
wikihow.com/Be-Jewish
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nobody eats vegan/vegetarian in prison, unless you want to get your boypussy rekt

Depends on the prison
Everyone trades food in prison anyway

Same thing that happens when tweakers go to prison I suppose: the adapt and get fat.

depends where you are. many prisons in america give moldy bologna 3 times a day because youre in prison for being a moran, you eat like a moran.

are you a moran?

They don't care if you're vegan/vegetarian in most but if it's due to a certain religion they have special meal plans.

t. Did 3 years and faked being a Jew for that sweet sweet kosher meal

They get REALLY popular because they trade or give away all their meat at meal times. 80% of all prison gang bosses are vegetarian.

Lmao no they're not you faggot they need meat for dem gainz

Most vegetarians get fucked with because they're scrawny little fucks

In first world countries, yes.

Did this for a transatlantic flight once, shit was mazeltof.

They eat ramen. PRISON RAMEN.

>moran

>being this fucking new

They request vegan meals, get denied and after five years, win a lawsuit against the state of Michigan and are rewarded $20,000 and the right to be given vegan meals.
>look it up, this happened

wait. You eat plane dinners? That shit is so disgusting I rather fast for the whole flight than eat that shit.

funny, just read an article on how ramen in prison has over taken the currency in prison over cigs.

>muh calories

I used to be friends (or coworkers?) with this retarded Indian dude. He got locked up for about 8 months, and he just had to eat beef despite the religious prohibition on it in Hinduism

Considering the lack of protein in inmates diets I'm pretty confident that vegans stop being vegans in jail

>foreword by Samuel L Jackson

Is there literally anything that man won't do for a few dollars?

I'm pretty sure he meant gang bottoms

US is a first world country with third world prisons.

how exactly did you go about it? wanna try it myself now.

I once told them on air canada that I was a nigger and they gave me fried chicken and melon. Washed it down with grape juice. Hmmm mmmm

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/08/ramen-prison-economy/497228/
>in the absence of paper money, prisoners had to pick another currency to enable their transactions: cigarettes. “A ration of margarine might be bought for seven cigarettes, the equivalent, for instance, of one and a half chocolate bars, and so on,” Fisman and Sullivan write.

>However, according to a study released on Monday by Michael Gibson-Light, a doctoral candidate in the University of Arizona’s school of sociology, cigarettes have been supplanted in the United States by instant ramen.

>Gibson-Light argues that this dynamic has less to do with the national drop in smoking rates or the banning of cigarettes in some prisons and more to do with prisons’ finances. At the state prison where he conducted his study, budget cuts led to a reduction of the caliber and total number of meals that prisoners received, which meant that the practical value of ramen skyrocketed.

>“Prisoners are so unhappy with the quality and quantity of prison food that they receive that they have begun relying on ramen noodles—a cheap, durable food product—as a form of money in the underground economy,” he wrote in a press release accompanying his paper, which was presented at the American Sociological Association’s convention, in Seattle.

>In the study, Gibson-Light chronicles how a package of ramen, which costs 59 cents at the prison’s commissary, commands far greater value than its actual worth as it gets exchanged for different items. For example, thermal clothing, which runs over $11 in the commissary, is worth six packs of ramen, or a total value of $3.54, in a trade.

> “I’ve seen fights over ramen,” one prisoner told him. “Who the fuck gonna fight about ramen noodles? That’s 15 cents on the outs!”

Meat and other animal food products are rather expensive. What makes you think they aren't already eating a mostly vegetarian diet?

To deal with kosher/halal/vegan/vegetarian diets many jails/prisons simply don't serve meat. It's simpler and cheaper.

get a brain moran

Your mom.

Tell them you're a Jain.

Jains don't eat meat.

Also tell them you need a feather brush to sweep the possible bugs away as you walk or go to sit/lay down.

A Jain never takes a life of any kind unnecessarily.

You don't need to have muscles to run a gang. You just need to own the people who do.

And the fuck is some skinny little faggot gonna get to the top? Not by weighing the least that's for sure

>be in a gang
>leader is some skinny shitter
>everyone laughs at you on the yard

I was locked up for awhile. They do cater to special diets actually. The risk to requesting those though is the guys in the kitchen get annoyed that they have to prepare your special snowflake tray and they sabotage your food.

wikihow.com/Be-Jewish

kek'd hard m8

I will admit this is possible but after attorney fees it is like earning an extra 2800 a year after everything goes perfect.

Cuz it's free.

No, im not a member of the Moran family, are they some kind of mafia?

my father was a vegan before he went to prison, he had to give it up because he had to eat what they'd give them or eat nothing. don't know what it's like nowadays.

>The entire basis for this statement is one prison.
I remember a time when journalists didn't make click bait esque headlines.

God bless WikiHow.

What is this meme called? Anyone have more?

Literally by giving the best blowjobs in the prison.

He didn't pay anything. The ACLU picked up his case pro bono as a matter of defending constitutional rights.

Jains also eat no roots and the strictest eat no vegetables, either. Just dairy and botanical fruits.
There's little to no way a Jain would be able to keep to his faith in prison. ISKCON, maybe, but not Jains.

"OP came to Shawshank in 2016 on a two-year stretch for V and S.
That's veganism and shitposting to you.
Mods caught him sneaking vegetarian threads on Veeky Forums"

"Young SJW....
Mr. *meat is murder*
triggered as hell."

>They request vegan meals, get denied and after five years, win a lawsuit against the state of Michigan and are rewarded $20,000 and the right to be given vegan meals.

That sounds about correct.

Even if it was only 2800 that's pretty good to start off with after you get out.

I severely doubt you could survive on prison food without eating meat.