Europe is the best at desserts, no questions asked. Even if the rest of the world does other things better...

Europe is the best at desserts, no questions asked. Even if the rest of the world does other things better, NOTHING beats Austrian or French desserts.

They might have the best dessert but they fall short in a lot of areas

>Middle East
Got the GOAT grains and veggie dishes, so many fucking spices

>Meats
The Americas kick everyone's asses. USA has BBQ, Latin American have amazing meats too

Btw East Asia has the worst food on the planet

If you're talking about a formalized dessert course then yes, I agree with you. But that does nothing to invalidate the delicious sweets found in other places.

>Btw East Asia has the worst food on the planet

Don't you talk shit about bulgogi, senpai

I wouldn't particularly agree with Austrian or French only.

But ya, Europe wins. The downside will be that it's expensive, comparatively speaking.

There are cheap foods across Europe too, but it's not in too many cases you find cheap and higher end pastry or desserts together.

Muh autism-tier preparation for rice, muh rice paste

Name some good sweets from outside of Europe

>The downside will be that it's expensive

I visited Brussels once and decided to give the ol' dessert meme a try.

I paid something around $23 USD for a nominal amount of dessert. It was good, but not $23-good.

>America
>Best Meat

Kek

I would do horrible things to that strawberry tart.

Sure, not every place that is expensive is good. Not for the main courses, not for dessert.

>good sweets from outside of Europe
Bakalava and its relatives
Gulab jamun and some other South Asian sweets are awesome
Green tea ice cream
Halva

>I went to a tourist trap and payed a lot of money
hmmm... really makes you think...

All those Middle Eastern sweets are just way too sweet.

Meh... I think Japan shits all over the both of those when it comes to especially desserts. The cakes in that pic looks as dry as dog shit in the Mojave desert.

>japan

thisu issu baitu.

Asia has a lot of weird food.

But my god, sometimes they hit the nail on the head.

Pic related. Pork dim sum, one of my all-time favourite dishes.

Lokum, or Turkish Delight, from Turkey. Some of those cuts are amazing.

If you eat them in European size portions they are ridiculous. If you eat them in a two or three bite size portion with a cup of strong ass coffee or tea they are great.

This is a thread about desserts

It's true. Whenever I'm in Amsterdam, I fucking gorge myself on pastries. Even the shit from the sketchy snack bars around De Wallen is better than what you'd get at a lot of bakeries here.

It doesn't get any better.

And I posted dessert too.

Sure, if you like desserts with like a quarter of the sugar they're supposed to have.

But you just had to start talking about dim sum and posting pictures of it as well?

>Japan
>Dessert

Pick one and only one

This.

I lived in Japan for 6 months for work a few years back. I got so desperate for proper chocolate that I would go to import shops and buy American Snickers bars for like 4.00 each. Japanese chocolate is so waxy and has no flavor, it's like chewing on a slightly sweet candle.

You're absolutely right chef. See you soon

keep your shit comments for yourself. don't fuck with your grandpa just because you can't afford anything and still milk joey's cows 40 hours a week so you can buy yourself a snickers.

im LMAOing at your life.

kys tbqh lmao

And now I crave one of those delicious chocolate muffins from that French bakery near home but it's too late and its already closed