Tfw severe tinnitus

>tfw severe tinnitus

will I ever enjoy reading again?

can't you get one of those white noise machines?

>mfw severe tinnitus
>can't sleep or read without white noise

get a hearing aid, it will nulify the tinnitus.

>white noise
good advice for combating the earborne toxic event that is tinnitus

you should rub your hands real fast for like 2 minutes and then cup your ears.

I have it too . I learned to ignore it. Now, the heavy metal band who lives and practices in my house, is a different story...

sick lit reference my man

tell them they suck for me.

Quick! tell me how you got it and how I can avoid getting it, I need to know because this is one of my larger fears.

going to concerts without ear plugs m8

mine slowly has gotten better over the last 3 years. take solace that it might maybe get better if you stop blasting your ears with dB's.

do not underestimate the power of the flower of youth user

What does this have to do with literature?

Cover your ears with your fingers resting on the back of your skull. Put your index fingers on top of your middle fingers and then snap them down onto your skull. If you do it right it should make a loud drumming noise- do this like 30 times and when you uncover your ears it should be better. Lasts like 5 mins for me.

>going to concerts instead of being a shut-in
why are you on Veeky Forums?

I used to go to concerts, now I have tinnitus so there's no point so I stay at home and post on Veeky Forums

What bands?

I have difficulties reading with tinnitus for extended periods of time. I used to think it was just my laziness or ADD or whatever but it's just an irritant to my being in general.
I definitely recommend getting concert ear plugs. I use cheap ones whenever I go clubbing. Best would be to get custom fitted ones from an audiologist, though they're costly.

Boris, Sunn O))), Earth, Melvins
those are the loudest ones I can remember.

I read that dipping your finger in cold water then putting it in your ear can relieve tinnitus for an hour or two.

w e w

I am assuming that you've read up on all the things you should do to manage it and prevent further tinnitus from forming?

Dude tinnitus isn't even that bad. Of any rectal disease it's probably the easiest to cure. You literally just need to play merzbow albums while you read (if you read a lot of poetry I find it works best if you listen to more than one album at once, but only when one is turned at half the volume of the other).

Since I've started listening to merzbow I have become alot more smarter.

I got tinnitus working back stage as a sound technician at festivals. It fucking sucks and I haven't found anything to help. The constant high pitched noise in my ears never stops, I can barely enjoy music anymore

why does joyce look like en emo pirate hipster?

you deserved it for not bringing ear plugs like everyone else.

because he was depressed with eye problems and the buzzed on the sides/longer on the top was typical of the interwar period

only nu-males wear earplugs to concerts. fuck that

why dont demand those bands?

turn down the bass on your headphones

Sure. Learn to ignore it or get a white noise machine, or a fan. I'm not sure of any treatment you could get from doctors.
I've had it for years now. Not sure that there's any reason for it but it gets pretty bad sometimes.

Reasonable attempt at humor, but this comment stinks of reddit-tier appreciation seeking. Consider yourself dismissed as fuck.

Grandpa 'Lillo go to bed. And for the last time, your diaper isnt receiving cold war era number station signals.

>never knew what tinnitus was until recently
>always thought ringing in ears was normal
>got used to it

it's not a black or white thing. if you had loud enough tinnitus there's no way you'd have thought it was normal.
take the proper precautions (properly fitting hearing protection for >80dB noise, avoid ototoxic chemicals/drugs, be in good cardiovascular health, not always being in complete silence then suddenly exposing self to loud noises), and you won't ever need to have youself pushed past the previous limits of your sanity.

I thought I had suddenly developed tinnitus one time while working at a call center.

Little did I know it was just that my eardrum had burst after I got a call that made my blood pressure rise, which had already been peaking from trying to force a #2 while constipated that.

Moral, don't eat white bread and rice at the same meal, or if you do, don't eat it with any meat. - Edgar Cayce

What the fuck is this witchcraft? This is the closest thing to silence I've heard in years. Thank you, user.

You will get used to it. My ears have been ringing for many years and this has became the normal state for me, so I don't even notice it most of the time, nor does it bother me. It's the same thing as going to a room with a smell or a pool of water: at first you notice the smell or the coldness of the water, but after a while your senses get used to it and kind of grow numb. I can enjoy silence even though a high pitched sound fills it, for it is silence to me.

Why? It won't tbqh, tinnitus is inside your head.

iktf bro. Have it for 6 months now and it keeps getting worse, no idea why, as I always carry earplugs with me. Life is unfair

modern hearing aids also have tinnitus masking capabilities. (they play white noise sounds to you)

>as I always carry earplugs with me
in what scenarios do you use the plugs? you shouldn't overdo them, sound enrichment is actually beneficial in many ways for hair cell health

>he got an agonisingly painful disorder because he was insecure about his masculinity
hahaha you are great proof for why gender needs to be thrown out

> modern hearing aids also have tinnitus masking capabilities. (they play white noise sounds to you)

that's cool, didn't know about it. I don't feel like constantly wearing hearing aids already tbqh, I'm only 24 and the tinnitus only bothers me in the evening

>
in what scenarios do you use the plugs? you shouldn't overdo them, sound enrichment is actually beneficial in many ways for hair cell health

always when going at the pub/going out or concerts. Sometimes music isn't really loud so I don't wear them (or else I'll just hear the ringing instead of the music)

It started when I was 16 on NYE and some mudslime youth were throwing these small firecrackers in the crowd

I've found that it's possible to train your tinnitus into an ASMR trigger by causing the two phenomenons to become subconsciously associated with each other. I did it by listening to one of those ASMR's on youtube with another video meant to illustrate what tinnitus sounds like (that is louder than the one you have,) along with a third video designed to cover up your own tinnitus (in my case it was a video of a running shower.) The ASMR will be a positive influence that will be connected in your mind to your tinnitus through the ringing video, while the third blocks out any negativity that you've associated with the ringing you already have. This is a really easy solution to the noise (not a cure,) but I definitely wouldn't recommend trying this if you're not genuinely confident and/or optimistic, as the purpose is to create a positive association and, if you're unable to believe what you're doing will work and are especially prone to frustration, you'll just associate your ringing with even more powerful negative emotions than what you already have.

Either way, the reason people begin to find their tinnitus tolerable is by just accepting that it's there. If you engage a futile struggle with it, it gets that much louder and annoying.