Suggest books for a lonely 18 year old with no future

suggest books for a lonely 18 year old with no future

the holy bible

Catcher In The Rye DESU

I don't suggest books, I suggest action. At 18 anyone can find a future. Don't piss away your formative years faggot

but if you NEED some books ....

The Odyssey
Metamorphoses
Divine Comedy
Paradise Lost
Moby Dick

The Gospel according to John.

There are like 4 active threads about committing suicide, overcoming existential crisis, getting over your loved one, all on the front page, all about being 18 years old. I think we are getting trolled. That or come the fuck on. People have been telling you kids to read the Bible since you were 4 years old.

>but if you NEED some books ....
>The Odyssey
>Metamorphoses
>Divine Comedy
>Paradise Lost
>Moby Dick

this is how you piss your life away as a patrician

Ishmael, by Daniel Quinn

discourses of epictetus
also, go run right now, until you are close to collapse (a lot further than you think)

Kek, I read the channel name as "dr hemingway".

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

The Book of Disquiet user

feels bad

Rage, Stephen King

Just take some Wellbutrin and read The Moomins

No. That fucker had his plate full of food handed to him and he just pushed it away.

all literature is good for that.

Epictetus Discourses, no wait you probably think you know how the world works, go with Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. Do you know it?

Everybody Poops

>18
>no future

lol

I thought the point was he had some mental issue/crippling depression. Being rich doesn't guarantee happiness, just look at Wittgenstein

notes from underground

> sub 120 detected

eliot rodger

All 18-year-olds are lonely and have no future. That feeling doesn't go away unless you actively try and make something of yourself.

I don't think being on Veeky Forums's gonna help.

>t. 19 year old

>18 year old
>no future

Mate, if you think you have 'no future' now just wait until you are in your 30s.

Start with the Greeks.

Or do drugs. Worked for me.

Wish I'd saved my money now though desu.

Steppenwolf

Get your education, you retard, I thought the same when I was eighteen, now I'm nineteen and getting back into school. Trust me, university is much more bearable than minimum wagekekery.

Yeah reading that book, he clearly has problems that transcend money.

Even when he gets a sizable allowance he just drinks it away and spends it on hookers.

He's probably got aspergers because throughout the entire novel he fails to understand social queues and his anxiety stems from that. I wouldn't find him so insufferable if he didn't simultaneously think himself brilliant while also succumbing to his own self-pity.

If this is real, Meditations, try to stop being a child

t. child

How to Win Friends and Influence People
-Dale Carnegie

As someone who pissed away his formative years, put your energy in to your future while you still can. I no longer can and it's a living hell.

>you can't read for fun.

I feel bad for you.