Do you have any eating habits/tastes you find embarrassing or otherwise inconvenient?

Do you have any eating habits/tastes you find embarrassing or otherwise inconvenient?

no

I'm in my 30's, was raised with proper etiquette, and am entirely comfortable in my tastes and habits.

im allergic to peanuts, which is a little inconvenient.

My tastes and habits are fairly conventional.

Before I changed my diet my partner would often get "shit dick" after we made love.
It was actually Veeky Forums that helped me with that, so you're not all bad :)

gross.

I never really thought of this much until my first business lunch in mainland Europe.

I'm somewhat self-conscious in those environments because I'm a fork-switcher for one, and second they all have their weird little quirks.

Obviously the barbaric fork-switching American gets something of a free pass for being a barbaric American, but when you put all this effort into dressing the part, talking the part, and so on, it's alarming when it all comes crashing down as soon as you sit down for a meal.

Then there's Asia. There's basically no hope over there, just forget it. On the one hand, even so much as being able to use chopsticks somewhat gratefully scores you some points. On the other, you can forget about being suave. And in a hands-eating culture you're fucked. Unless you grow up doing that, you'll look like a toddler playing with his food.

But by American standards my habits are impeccable so there's that.

Not really an inconvenience but I eat and drink way too fast

>eat the tip of pizza
>when I get halfway into the pizza slice I fold it so that the crust is touching the lower half
>eat the rolled up pizza so that I'm eating the topping along with the crust

I don't like eating crust by itself.

When I'm at home I'll sometimes eat meats with my hands. And other foods that should be eaten with utensils, like grains.

Thankfully, not outside.

I have a horrible habit of finishing one item of food at a time during meals. I'll eat all of my vegetables, then all of my protein, then all of my carbs, etc. It's pretty embarrassing when I'm in a group, so I'm trying to change it.
I also drink too quickly.

When I was a kid, I used to eat so fast that I'd just puke it all back up. I'm glad I got over that one.

>And in a hands-eating culture you're fucked. Unless you grow up doing that, you'll look like a toddler playing with his food.

And to the developed world they look like primitives squatted on the floor scooping food into their mouths with their hands. Which is worse, looking unsophisticated or looking too sophisticated?

>eating doritos with my hands is ok
>eating pizza with my hands is ok
>holding a corn with my hands and gnawing the grains off is ok
>touching a dosa with your hands? PRIMITIVE BARBARIANS
Thanks for your opinion, /pol/

meant for you

Yes, I figured it out

kys

I do this too. But also only when I'm alone

I was gonna respond with something along those lines at first. But he clearly means proper, sit-down meals. Like some Middle-Easterners sitting outside in the dirt and using their hands to scoop rice and chicken into their mouths from a communal plate.

I hate this about me, but it's near impossible for me not to lick any kind of sauce or crumbs off my fingers, just a bad habit I developed as a kid. Can't waste those tiny bits off products u know hehe

Congratulations. You exhibit normal behavior, whether human or wild animal.

A dosa is a proper sit down meal. Insofar as you sit at a table, you have napkins and silverware, but you still use your hands other than for the sambhar and such. Maybe it's "traditionally" street food, fuck if I know. But sitting down with business people, in a suit, eating dosa, is done by many people every day.

Nah, eating on the floor looks super comfy

chinese people are like ants.

A bunch of honkies pretending to be worldly

Sorry breh, but those are Japs.

It's only an inconvenience if I eat with family. Everyone in my family vacuums the food off the plate, and I sit and chill and eat slow for both food and conversing--unless it's a special Sunday. Any dinner to me is to chill for a time and relax. I always end up alone at the table after 20 minutes. 'Least there's the liquor cabinet to talk to.

I prefer to eat food by sorting it and eating one category at a time. I want to taste each ingredient by itself, to a certain degree. My dad used to tease me, saying that I saved all the veggies for last because I hated them, but I actually ate them last because they felt the most "fresh" to eat, and I liked that feeling leaving the table.

this is real world autism.

Are you diagnosed OCD?

Use a spoon to drink coffee

I dunno. Carbs are generally tasteless/tastes the worst, so I eat them first. Then I get to work on the protein, since it's the tastiest, and finally the salad/veggies because I like the feeling it leaves me. I am able to mix everything together like som sort of swine if I'm in a formal setting or with new people, and oftentimes food can be very hard to sort, like a curry or stew, and then I just eat it as is. I generally prefer food without a sauce though, since it just takes over the taste completely.

No. I don't have any other inclinations towards sorting things in my regular life. I'd even say I'm somewhat of a slob from time to time.

I really wish they would stop doing that shit. They're degrading themselves by appropriating and pretending to be like everyone else. The white people need to preserve and advance their cultures because they are the best on earth.

doing what
trying other cuisines

Trying other cuisines is literally raping the white race
White people invented science therefore I'm a real smart kewl scientist XD
Sincerely, your average fear-gripped retard from /pol/

Not being able to eat shit like bell peppers, onions, etc in a meal. It's like a curse from a past life.

I like to chew my food, put it back on my fork/spoon, and then eat it. Sometimes I smell it too.

I generally smell my food actually.

I fucking hate myself.

"made love"

thats a weird way to spell committed sodomy

what language is that in?

something about saying "shit dick" and "made love" in the same sentence seems wrong

I prefer to eat "vegan" whenever possible, but I hate saying the word. And boy do you have to be quick to say "no cheese" because everyone seems so assume you want it.

I have an egg intolerance, I can eat them but don't walk behind me whatever you do

Why would you be afraid to say you're vegan? That's like saying you're afraid to say you think racism is bad

The real world isn't Veeky Forums, user. Vegans are pretty mainstream, and screaming about niggers doesn't make you "cool"

You're not stupid. Don't ignore reality, and don't pretend that Europeans abandoning their native cuisine in favor of cylindrical lamb meat is a natural progression. Maybe the rest of the world could benefit from a steady diet of pickled beets, cabbage and raw fish. It's worked well for the culturally and technologically superior northern climate peoples.

I have trouble swallowing due to some esophageal damage from GI problems years ago.

I don't order certain foods in public because i'll either struggle with swallowing or need water to wash it down.

If I get any pieces of fat in my meat, I have to spit it out. For some reason I literally can't chew it. So I avoid eating steaks or anything with fat deposits or marbling in it when eating with other people. Or I take really tiny bites and chop things up small to check for the white fat bits.

Filets aren't terrible, but, any other cut I can't handle.

I eat pizza with a fork and a knife.

>Why would you be afraid to say you're vegan?
1) I'm not afraid, it's just that
2) I'm not vegan. I just prefer eating as if I were most of the time. Still consider myself an omnivore.

Also: don't get the racism analogy. Seems like apples and oranges to me.

I just don't like cooked fish... it fucking sucks because I enjoy fresh fish but the texture of cooked fish just doesn't work for me, I feel like the texture should be firmer but as soon as you put it in your mouth the fish just falls apart and turns into mush. I've tried a lot of times but cooked fish is the only thing since childhood I still can't eat.

you might like swordfish or something steakier. I'm otherwise the same as you.

I like the taste of straight up lemon peel, and will eat the lemon garnish in it's entirety. also, cheese wiz is a guilty pleasure.

i eat in a meal everything separately (including drinks) and once i am done with one part i move on to the next part

Assholes are for shitting.

Fucking degenerate.

^This is a completely normal thing to do.
From my POV watching people eat a meal while mixing stuff together or eating a little of this than that is chaos.
I just imagine their minds going, "Mmm pork now potatoes drink water more pork but with the mac and cheese all together now hot sauce WATER!"

I eat with my hands at home.
>Vegans are pretty mainstream
Maybe in your gender studies class, I've never met a blue-collar worker who was vegan.

>I've never met a blue-collar worker who was vegan

barely come in contact with a blue collar worker once a week.

When I eat a piece of fish/fat/or just a random unappealing side dish my free hand clenches up so hard my knuckles pop and if I'm a guest somewhere and don't want to be rude I'll continue eating whatever it is.
People sitting next to me have made the correlation.

Also, if I put something in my mouth that turns out to be too hot I just sit there with my mouth agape inhaling and exhaling rapidly like a fucking chimp that just saw something funny.

I don't think that's weird. I think pizza tastes best when it's super hot, too hot to bite chunks off a slice from your hands.

Fork and a knife for nuclear hot pizza. Fuck yeah.

Fucking animals, eating slop off the floor with their hands.

why? it's annoying to have to clean your hands afterwards

>I've never met a blue-collar worker who was vegan.
True. But people who feel threatened tend to be very conservative, and there's no doubt First World blue collar workers are a threatened species. Just keep the bread, meat and cheese cheap and they'll eat it. Vegetables are a libtard conspiracy. When they get the 'beetus it's genetics, because they heard that on television.

I really dislike celery. It has a strong, distinctive taste to me that I absolutely can't stomach. This bothers me because I generally wouldn't consider myself to be a picky eater. I like, cook, and eat a good variety of foods. celery tho.

Every once in a while I'll order a dish at a restaurant and then feel embarrassed about leaving the celery behind. Not sure what's worse, that or actually having to eat it and stomach the flavour.

this is pretty much what my mind is doing. each second is another opportunity to fine tune the flavors I am experiencing in different ways.

sometime you just wanna do the more pork but with the mac and cheese all together now hot sauce

I'm not really embarrassed about it or anything, but it's not something I tend to tell people.

When I'm eating alone, literally ever meal becomes a sandwich. It really doesn't matter what I make, I just thow it on some bread and eat it with my hands. When I have people over I cook normally and try to make it a bit fancy, but when I don't it's literally
>make normal meal
>mash it all into a couple of sandwiches
>eat it with one hand while browsing Veeky Forums with the other

The only exception is soup, for obvious reasons.

I guess this is like me not believing in god, but rather not calling myself an atheist because atheists are shitheads.

not really a habit but i constantly get food stuck in my throat at least once a day and have to puke it up and it takes a good 20 minutes

Try actually enjoying your food instead of just swallowing it down by the bucket.

have you tried dipping for soup

i chew properly all the time though

>Order spaghetti with meatballs at any restaurant
>I like to mix the meatballs in with my noodles to make a meaty marinara sauce
>Spend 10 mins every time no matter the restaurant chopping the meatballs up into tiny pieces to mix them in properly

Every time I start eating with my family, they are already done.

I do dip bread but that's still not a sandwich.

I guess I could dip a sandwich tho.

mushy foods. Like mashed potatoes, or even most pies. If it has the texture of regurgitated mass and I just gag when it touches my tongue.

now this is what i call autism

Ah, the traditional American kotatsu

Socially you are screwing yourself in other ways.

Unless you only hang out with mature chewers like yourself.

are you gay?

Corn is literally one of the most disgusting things to me. Not shit made from corn, just corn. Don't get why anybody likes that shit.

So, solution is to never order meatballs?

HOLY SHIT THIS. I thought I was the only one on the planet. I will eat almost anything but when there's celery in the dish I can hardly stomach it. Something about the taste of celery is so strong and overpowering that I absolutely cannot deal with it.