flickr.com/photos/itsceeelosss/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>not using the all general picture

No

>birthday recently
>friends got me a bunch of special beers
>been drinking a few of them every evening
>start feeling like an alcoholic

I drink about a half gallon or two of kraken every week. Just started adding Ginger beer to about 60/40 and it's perfect. Would recommend.

What would you recommend that is low on calories to mix tequila i.e. 1800 silver?

>that moment when youre bored of drinking, the smell of alcohol upsets your stomach but you still have half a bottle to go before you hit your comfort zone

Saliva

I got the "distiller's edition" couple weeks ago. Hadn't had good Scotch in an long time. Didn't blow me away at first, but after a few glasses, it's strikingly good. Not as salty/peppery as Talisker 10 though, which was a bit disappointing.

If you are drinking make sure you eat, its bad if you don't. I like hot dogs.

Let me tell you what I do OP. I usually do 2 at a time.

>Take the bun, spread some garlic margarine on it. Then, take a cheese slice, and put it in the bun.
>Microwave the bun so the cheese melts on it.
>Microwave the hotdog so it just about splits.
>Throw some mince white onion on it (mince like McDonalds onions)
>Put a bit of mayo, some Dijon mustard, and a little bit of ketchup (or BBQ sauce if you prefer)

Enjoy! The Recipe is all yours, friend!

Any tips on quitting? I'm hitting a wall here at just two fucking days and even that's brutal.

Is Riverside alky here

this happened to me on tuesday night

got my usual cheap-o wine from CVS sat down to watch some history channel, drank half of it way too fast

felt weird

smell of wine gave me goosebumps for some reason

brain was screaming for more, stomach said no way

went to bed feeling awkward

Recently discovered a new drink, I was going to make a sour cherry gin cocktail but just missed the season for cherries. I ended up getting some maraschino cherries instead and it all worked out alright. Tastes like cherry 7up and I use 2oz of gin instead of the 1oz the recipe calls for

Never let yourself get bored.

Right here user. Just picked up a 6 pack since I had a few bucks... You in town? Got an email I can hit you up at?

>tell myself I'm not drinking the next day
REALLY WANT TO FUCKING DRINK TODAY

Or salvia.

>11:41 am

Aaaaand were drinking. Fuck

No ones drinking? I'm all alone guys halp

Good to see some OC

Riverside/Hennessy user here. How are u guys compared to me? It's 130 pm and I downed a 12 of small bottles q Hennessy personal and just picked up some modelos. Gonna be a good night boys

>not drinking today because I've had one dry day in like the last three months
>I need to buy sherry to make this cream of mushroom recipe
>use exactly one table spoon
>now I have like 735ml of 20.5% abv dry sherry sitting on my desk

oh well down the hatch

>Lexus
>Hennessy
Black? Or trying to be?

Wat

>checked

>as if a black could afford this or that 69 camaro next to it

I'm Mexican I just like good hard liquor, as far as beer I don't care for the brand it all taste the same I'm not some hipster ipa guy

I mean cmon a black wouldn't even put a shirt down so the cold beers don't drop on the trunk kek. If I posted the Buchanan18 I drank yesterday you wouldn probably call me messican instantly haha

>tfw it was$70 a bottle -__-

>liking nice stuff makes you black

Wtf user

Oh yeah. Buchanan is a dead give away. Isn't it one of the few brands of scotch or blended whisky available in Mexico or something like that? Also I didn't even see the other car desu senpai. My bad.

Lexus and Hennessy are both extremely popular in the black community brah. I grew up in it.

Different user here. This this used to help sometimes, but other times, the thought if alcohol would slip into my mind while doing something interesting, constructive or fun. It woukd make me feel somewhat guilty for depriving myself of enjoying these things fully, and this produced far worse cravings for much longer than boredom. Being bored actually prevented me from craving alcohol a lot of the time, since drinking itself got boring and I only craved it when withdrawals were numbing my enjoyment of things I wanted to enjoy.

I found it easiest to keep myself busy by doing constructive work which wasn't particularly fun, or mundane shit like mindless video games while listening to podcasts, stuff which passes the time but doesn't make you wish you were doing it drunk.

Cognac, Hennessey in particular, is very popular in black culture.

Also, I find black people are more likely to drink less of a nicer thing rather than just whatever gets you loaded. Obviously that's not universal though. But I've never known white people my age to regularly drink Bombay Sapphire or Hennessy.

I see... Well I like nice cars and good liquor that I can drink straight if that makes me a nigger so be it. Kek

"Nice cars" isn't really the thing that made the guy say black though. It's the Lexus name in particular. If that pic was of an Audi and Bulleit, there would have been no comment.

Lol blacks couldn't afford to live like me here's the Flickr I haven't updated since high school when I drove my old Lexus to high school(the other cars are my friends) look up any of the shoes I'm wearing and they all run about $500-$2000. I'm the opposite of the Veeky Forums /pol/ster but here's where I ended up. I. Shy as fuck so after HS I tr Ed alcoholic and Buried myself at my home.

flickr.com/photos/itsceeelosss/

You're really eager to try and show off.

>pick up a cream liquer thats not baileys to try
>tastes great with tea
Might have a new night cap.

user is probably drunk. I've been there. That's what this thread is for after all. Your feelings alter a lot after drinking. I've never drank hard liquor though just beer and I've done the same

7 beers, a bottle of wine and a quart of gin and nothing has really hit me yet, should I keep going on Brandy or give up?

I'd just give up at that point, either your stomach is full of food or you just aren't in the correct state to get drunk.

From my experiences if you keep going beyond exceeding your normal limit in these conditions you suddenly swing from too sober to feeling like a sick pile of garbage

Yeah I had a big dinner, fair play, night mate

Drank before work for the first time today, I can see why people do this now. Never been so relaxed for a morning shift in my life. A screwdriver or two made all the difference.

I feel like I'm on a slippery slope..

Yeah I spent a long time drinking before work, it feels good but it reaches a point where people definitely notice. If you're insistent then have a shot of something in the morning and nothing more because it's surprisingly easy to tell

Yeah I'll only have a drink, 2 at the most. Thing is, 90% of my coworkers also have a drink before coming in, so I'm not in a scenario where I'd get fired if anyone found out.

I used to make a bizarre cocktail called Tom Tom you're Kraken me up, but since it called for the hair of a guy called Tom it just became too time consuming

Oh right fair play then, if you think it's a good shout then all power to ya

made a mojito just now. Used real sugar instead of simple syrup. Don't know which one is better though.

I'm a sugar guy but I get the syrup argument

Never drank before, what do I drink to be patrician?

If you're not having a beer first like most people then pick something a little sweet to work your way into it

Neat vodka or fuck off

Rum and coke for pure pleb drinks. Get a white rum. Spiced rum is mostly garbage. Golden/dark rums are neat/rocks mostly since they have different flavors to them.

Woke up throwing up. Had to call in sick from work again tonight. I'm pretty sure every will know that I've been drinking again.

try light beers, ciders or shandy's. or mixed drinks like Rum and Coke

Is this the patrician of Ciders?

Ayy I'm drinking this right now

Also, switch to weed you faggots

strongbow is great but i dont think anyone has ever called it patrician

maybe that stella cider

I've yet to find a better cider than this one but it's seasonal and local so good luck finding it unless you east coast

>Hennessy
>good
Hennessy is overpriced shitty young cognac. Only worthwhile shit is VSOP or older, black people are retarded for buying 70cl bottles of VS and thinking they're special, no you just bought overpriced shit and now your 40 bucks poorer you dumb cunts.
t. former liquor store worker

Drinking crown royal reserve tonight, courtesy of my brother who thinks it's better to keep whiskey in the freezer. He's buying so I'm not complaining. I just let mine come up to temperature for a minute

Pretty good price on this handle though. He bought 4 of those basterds

>280 dollars of syrupy overpriced whiskey

Fuck me.

Started antabuse last week

anxiety through the roof, not enough diazepam

I suppose it's good waking up not shaking in a panic needing a drink

This.

Happens to me a lot when I over drink.

I take one day off a week from drinking but it still hurts

If you need half a bottle of anything to hit your comfort zone it's time to stop m80.

>your taste in everything
wew

>71 bucks for shitty fancy Crown Gargoyle
>when you could've easily bought a Cragganmore or a Highland Park 12 for same or less
You people make me sick

But how do you stop...

Its not that easy man

What foods pair well with a Gin martini?

Pretty douche for growing up in a housing development

I dont feel well. Vomited a bit on the floor last night, have a 30min or so blackout for the first time in years...

so what, you didn't grow.

midlevel, weed only?
i saw some codeine there but it was only rec

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a drunk.

Lots of brandy right now.

just got out of detox after being on a two month bender

I told myself I wouldn't go back to this.. every time I do it gets worse..

>bought this on a whim after 6 years of no drinking. (not a recovering Alcoholic or anything, just never had the urge to drink once I hit 20)
>Chill then crack open, drink
>Pretty good, tastes lke Punched with a slight Vodka aftertaste.
>Read can
> only 30mg of Caffeine

What the fuck, that's less then a can of cola and 10 times less then regular Punched, the king of energy drinks. When did they change the recipe? I wanted that racing heart and drunk and alert brain.

Shit mates. Having bottles of hard liquor on hand fosters dependence/tolerance/withdrawal. Small amounts at a time.

There's still hope, you haven't really given up until you switch to Busch in order to save the extra fifty cents.

My big thing is the drinking after I get home from the bar. I'll have 3 or 4 drinks at the bar, then come home and I used to drink at least 1/3 of a handle of bourbon on top of what I had at the bar. I didn't drink yesterday which was fine, but I think I'm going to today since I'm bored. My big thing is the boredom and the fact that the people above me are loud and a solid drunk helps me crash and sleep a little more soundly (even if I wake up hungover in the morning). Also, lately I've been cutting back on the drinking at home since I'm really trying to drink slower. Also, I try to eat more when I get back from the bar so after 2 or 3 drinks at home I don't feel even remotely buzzed, I just kind of give up and chalk it up as a loss since I know it'll just be me drinking more and more and probably end up puking without getting to the drunk point that I want to be at.

Kinda a convoluted mess right there, but those are a few of the things I've been doing lately.

>general

This. Stay active one way or the other. Also, work out and get good and sweaty. The runner's high is no substitute for a good drunk, but it's something and will help. And if you're naturally tired, you're less likely to want to get drunk anyway. At least I am.

Is Buchanan's popular among Mexicans? I've noticed all the Buchanan's ads on the trains and buses here in Chicago are in Spanish. Was wondering about that . . .

What's the verdict on a bottle of wine a night?

Fucking full-blown alkie?

Normie housewife level?

Somewhere in between?

I guess its kind of a dumb question for me because when I get to that I rapidly slip down the slippery slope into a bottle and a half or two bottles

Normie housewife level in my opinion. It would depend where you're from though. Cultural norms will determine where on the spectrum you fall. I don't think a bottle of wine a night is all that crazy. Also depends on your tolerance. A bottle of wine wouldn't do jackshit for me, but I'm farther down the road than you and my tolerance is up to pretty ridiculous levels. Although to be fair, it's always been much higher than my friends.

>drinking to be patrician

That's some plebby shit m8

But think about what pallette you already enjoy with non-alcoholic drinks. Try a beer that's unique or local; for fuck's sake please do not drink AB shit (Budweiser, the like). Like other user said, try something sweet to start for spirits. I personally enjoyed gin and pineapple juice.

See you on the other side, famalam

Love me some 'bow & 'za

Went to a tractor show and we were the last ones crushing cans, then came home and played cards with a few more schlities.

Woke up, the factory across the street was doing its "annual picnic," so we just walked over and got some good-ass steak sandwiches and corn on the cob. Open bar, so we got rum chata in our coffee, and there was a keg trailer with all-you-can-drink beer where I had a few Sprechers.

Live music, good food, free booze, and we don't even work there.

God I love Wisconsin.

Sounds pretty fucking awesome.

I am suddenly interested in volleyball.

are we drinking tonight?

help.

guys i'm dying. i mean it. everything hurts, the withdrawals are horrific, my liver is in agony and i'm getting through 2-3 litres of vodka every day. i don't want this any more but i can't stop.

This sounds so fun it hurts my soul.

Go talk to some people dude. You'll die otherwise. It's tough, but just go hit up an AA meeting or see someone. At this point, you have nothing to lose. Stagger in somewhere if you have to, but just talk to some people and spend an hour or so with someone who can help you. AA, psychologist, therapist, whatever it may be.

I hope you get better dude. It'll be a bitch, but people have come out of worse situations before. It's all about the first step. Just have to take that first, proactive step.

Good luck bro. There's an user out here truly rooting for you.

On bottle number 3 or 4 at the moment

thankyou user. omfg the shaking, the sweating, the puking, the shitting... its only 9am, 6 hours since i drank, and i already feel like im going to explode with anxiety from this withdrawal.
does anyone have experience with w/d? the fuck am i about to go through?

Goslings. Ginger beer. Lime.

(quads nice)
(dubs nice)
Okay all you lot need to find a doctor who will prescribe Naltrexone to you. Don't give up until you find a real doctor who actually can treat your condition. Naltrexone doesn't prevent drinking, but it prevents your problem which is binge drinking. Don't go to AA. You are not 'spiritually sick' you are 'actually sick' and ninety percent of you will get fixed up by Naltrexone.

In the meantime, prayer.

Nice.

Any more tips for cheap drinking? I usually go with my favorite cheap vodka 5€ for 3/4L and add it to hot tea. Goes straight to your head and gets the buzz going, I feel like I need to drink less for the same effect this way.

anyone got detox/withdrawal stories? i'm only on day 1 and i'm scared.