There isn't a point to living and for that reason i'm out

There isn't a point to living and for that reason i'm out.

Moron. You'll end up dead anyways. Why not have some fun and experience some things before you die. There is no promise of anything after death. It would be a shame if this is all there is and you've wasted it. Life has no purpose, you create that purpose.

>>brother killed himself last year. Still mad how dumb it was. Miss him everyday.

I'm with this user. Sums up my feelings on the subject nicely.

so go on disability and wack it for 50 years...speaking of which i just nutted and now my right ball aches wtf

>speaking of which i just nutted and now my right ball aches wtf
this happens to me sometimes too, you think it might be cancer? I hope not

stream of consciousness shitposting, neat

don't encourage the idiots

not cancer but i think it might be a hernia or something, first workout sesh of the spring and i grabbed a kettlebell without warming up and it hurt a little the next day like shit i'm sore but now i just have random pains in my groin and pubic region...i dont know, i hope it's not a fucking hernia because then i'll have to pay ransom to the medical-industrial complex to fix it, and my obama care only kicks in after a $6,000 deductible and hernia surgery is like $2,000 i think so it's like thanks for nothing obama phoney ass mr. changeman

But if we're gonna do this here does anyone have the Kevin copypastas?

I like this, user. Hey OP, be more like this, user.

No point in dying either. You're probably either some underage faggot or a mid twenties loser, still got a huge part of the game ahead and shit to experience. Might as well stick around and see how it goes.

Dying is such a bother.

Living on government bux is easier than dying

literally cant think of anything gayer than depression (this is a good setup)

what about you
lmao already disproven

Find a point you dipshit.

>that's the point

kek

i dunno why this me laugh

There isn't a point to living and for that reason I'm in.

>There isn't a point to living and for that reason i'm out.

Only if that is what you believe. Think about how solipsists think and realize they are right. You can't prove anything in reality.

Choosing to believe that there is no point is as based on logic as choosing to believe you're in a computer simulation or on some hallucinogenic drug that lasts years or that everything came into existence a minute ago.

So why choose to believe in the bleak reality?

with this and the classic paul dano thread it looks like /tv/ is in top form today

But there isn't a point in being out

why choosing to believe in the bleak reality?
implying all reality is false and subjective.
he doesn´t feel anything negative for that.

hoyl fuck this made me laugh

It doesn't matter what you believe. Prove to me that you're not the only person in existence.
Protip: You literally can't.

The notion that one can "choose to believe" is utter nonsense.

How so? Beliefs are like garments.

You can choose immaterialism or materialism magic or science, symbolism or reductionism.

The universe accomodates all sorts

but what makes you feel that?, nothing?.

if you believe that "universe accomodates all sorts" why suggest to anyone that is incoherent choose to believe in bleak reality?.

usually that kind of thinking isn't practical.

No, beliefs are not "like garments".

If you are staring at a blue cup, there is no "choice" you can make that will shake your belief that you are having a visual experience of a blue cup.

so you think the practical reasoning it´s not really a "garment"

in fact you can say that blue is red, is simple like that.

>but what makes you feel that?, nothing?.

It's simple logic. You can't ever get outside your own head to check that things are real. If you brain was simulating everything then there would be no way to tell.

So believing anything, be it's a simulation or that things are exactly as they appear, is taking a leap of faith. Might as well believe in a good reality, right?

No, you can't. Blue is not red.

>Might as well believe in a good reality, right?

but before that, you are invalidating to yourself to really believe in a "good reality". how can you forget that
>You can't ever get outside your own head to check that things are real
why make this assumption like a reality and make over that a "well believe construction", how can you make that?

i'm talking beliefs, not delusions. conclusions of the world based on the available information.

people come to all sorts of [ersonal conclusions about the world. when people say "I don't believe in that," they are exercising choice.

what are you not comprehending?

There is a point, to create the perfect society. Go do it.

Also, new Star Wars movies.

blue it´s a word, man. i can say that color is red whenever i can. if we don´t get to the universal agreement that blue is blue you don´t make that assumption too easily. if everybody names the color of the name they want you don´t say blue is blue, you know?. i knot it´s stupid.

Somebody save OP and put this retard out of his misery instead.

Though his current subjectivity probably doesn't include being dead.

The spectral band we perceive as blue is objective, even if we change its name. Even if for whatever bullshit reason our brains perceive it as a different color.

Often when people say "I don't believe in that" they are simply spouting nonsense. I wouldn't pay any attention to what people say about their beliefs.

>why make this assumption like a reality and make over that a "well believe construction", how can you make that?

You have to believe in something in this case. Believing in the bleak reality is a belief, and believing there is nothing is a belief. There is no cause to pick one over any of the others.

If you put off the question and just keep living normally then you have chosen a believe. There is no way to not make an assumption and live your life based on it.

Are you drunk or something?

The technical term in philosophy is doxastic voluntarism (DV), i.e. the thesis that beliefs are subject to the will and, as such, that we are able to choose what to believe. Whether DV is a defendable claim is debated in current epistemology, as well as in philosophy of religion and, a bit more surprisingly, in philosophy of science.

The consensus seems to be that DV is untenable and thus doxastic involuntarism is the standard position. This shows in the use of the technical term, which is employed – in a similar way to "relativism" and other fighting words – as ultimate objections in arguments ("Position X implies DV and is therefore untenable").

There is interpretation of reality and the reality itself. The color hypothetical is a pretty bad example of a person choosing what to believe in, since it is such an immediate physical perception. Can anyone really compare the notion of a just or unjust universe, or the existence of "God" with a color? It's stupid.

but from where it´s come the spectral band?...

>If you put off the question and just keep living normally then you have chosen a believe.

no, your believe is put off the question and living normally. that is your "believe". i question to you why assume the "well believe" construction it´s more logical.

"Choosing to believe" in God is just choosing to behave in a certain way - going to church or mosque, saying certain things, imposing certain things on your children, etc. There's no physical way to force a factive representational state (i.e., an actual belief) upon yourself.

but from where it´s come?…

I can tell English isn't your first language and I'm have a bit of trouble understanding what you are asking.

But anyway, you can chose to believe in a reality you like because there is none and can never be any logical reason to chose any version of reality over any of the others.

There is absolutely no reason to pick a bleak one. Unless of course that is what you like, but that just goes back to my first point.

What's your point?

That it is impossible to choose to believe anything. Believing is a non-voluntary process.

i hope you understand this time:

if there is no logical reason to choose any version of reality over any of the other. choosing a bleak one or a happy one it´s the same.

but form where it´s for?

I used to be like that, OP. Then I stopped jerking off as much. Seemed to help.

Reality is precisely the set of things you can't choose.

Okay, makes more sense now.

If you are at the point of choosing then it probably all the same, but in practical application they are vastly different.

You could live a much happier and more for filling life with a certain belief.

Why does that matter though? If that is something valuable in the version of reality you chose to believe in then the belief itself is an asset in advancing your life.

It's supporting itself. So again, why chose that? I don't know; obviously there is no reason to pick that over any other, I can just pick that one if I want to though.

Suicide is just another pointless act in the lengthy sequence of pointless acts that we know as life. Nonexistence cannot be considered preferable to existence.

>Nonexistence cannot be considered preferable to existence.
why?

I'm not opening this thread so you've probably gotten 10 replies like that, so here's your eleventh:

>the point of living is living
>not existing is pointless
t. Alan Watts

>You could live a much happier and more for filling life with a certain belief.
How would you know that, except by observing an external reality?

KEK

Because that specific belief would also involve believing in that external reality.

The whole thing would be assumptions building on more assumptions; it would be the same for any belief though.

>>The spectral band we perceive as blue is objective
in what model?