Is going to a 3rd world country to write a meme? did any famous authors do this?

Is going to a 3rd world country to write a meme? did any famous authors do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T2b8PEFjjU8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

you will quickly realise why they're third world countries and then you will want to leave immediately

this dude knows what's up...now i haven't been to a third world country, but i have lived with ppl fresh off the boat from the 3rd world and they are filthy, lazy, yet greedy, overprividged and entitled but quick to pull the struggling immigrant card...makes you realize once the WASPs who built America die off it's gonna turn into some horrible mash-up of India and Mexico within the century...which is to say horrible inequality and no human rights mixed with completely corrupt state run by literal criminals

How third world are we talking? I spent some time in Mexico City, as did Pynchon, but there are comfy neighborhoods and educated professionals there so I don't know if that counts in your book.

The part that's not a meme is that you can make a comfortable living doing part time teaching in much of the third world. I was offered a teaching job by someone I met on the street on my second day in DF. If you don't have a trust fund or skills that are highly valuable in the first world, it's a way to live and have time to write, though you could possibly do the same by doing seasonal tourist work in the states and living in a cheap rural area.

For me, the main drawback of moving somewhere like that was the social isolation. I just didn't jive with a lot of Mexicans and started to feel like I was being stared at everywhere I went.

I know the guy who wrote Life of Pi did the first draft in the mountains in India, and the Boston University MFA program grants travel funding to all graduates to do something similar, so there may be something to it.

>FOB immigrants are lazy

You're just fucking wrong about that. The vast majority of FOB immigrants work their asses off for minimum pay. Sounds like you've been listening to /pol/ too much.

>i met some shitty people, everyone from that country is the same!

is it really so unbelievable that shit countries contain shit people?

do you actually know any fucking immigrants besides your fucking maid u little suburban bitch? there's a fob who lives in my building who somehow got signed up for disability and now plays video games all fucking day, i have no idea how he did this since he's not a citizen and been in the country less than five years, i'm sure all your undocumented servants work really hard for you, but outside of your gated community the cities are filled with lazy bastards who whine and complain and quite frankly lie about how hard they work...when you live among them you realize all their stories of grueling 12 hours days bullshit is just a load of crap for naive whities

if india was filled with germans it would be germany not india...if mexico was filled with englishmen it would be (new) england not mexico...the people ARE the country, my friend, shitty ppl, shitty country

He sounds like an American.

Shitskins are biologically incapable of sustaining civilizations

This is a literal meme

>people who break immigration laws are also untrustworthy liars

i mean this shouldn't be a surprise but bourgeois liberals throw a fucking hissy fit if you say anything bad about their servants

How's 10th grade going for you guys? Also, reported for underage.

Hi Paco!

yeah alright dude enjoy interacting almost exclusively with people that are 2 standard deviations below you

Sure, many authors went from England to the US

luckily i'm not in tenth grade because a dominican immigrant recently brought a gun to school and shot some kids at the local high school, but since he wasn't a white nerd it didn't get a bunch of hysterical news coverage

Citation?

savage

youtube.com/watch?v=T2b8PEFjjU8

You just described Brazil.

let me guess, you live in a shithole US state and the Wall Street 1% are just leeching off the other 99% who are working their asses off for minimum wage

Not many have done it.

Pynchon is one (although he already had most of the book finished and he knew a bunch of arty people who would be willing to read it / pass it on to publishers)

I'd say it's better to just be poor in your own country because at least it improves your understanding of your culture etc.

dfag here
For you pic i suppose that you lived in coyoacan, its a nice place but some people there tend to be a little stuck up, or that was my impression when i was around there.

Are you tall? I shit you not but probably that was the reason you got stared at, most people in the DF really don't pay attention to most foreigner except if they are trying to sell you something, or again is that my impression because i live around the centro historico and we got a lot of tourists.

What will you say that was your problem with most people? that they are rude?

Canada has more fjords than Sweden anyway, the only reason to go there would be to find a qt hijabi to cum inside.

A lot of rich, educated Mexicans I met were very nice to me but were indeed the biggest snobs I've ever met. They had no problem telling me that they were some of the "enlightened" Mexicans because they listened to the Rolling Stones and used condoms and that the more conservative people were stupid. It was pretty much the whole "tips fedora" persona but on professional middle aged people. They were also generally anti-intellectual compared to the rich, educated Americans I hang with in the states. Students I met mostly seemed to be in school to pass the time, which is an accusation leveled at American students a lot but it seemed much more true in Mexico. Girls were incredibly slutty, which got old (no, they weren't prostitutes).

I didn't have problems with the more working-class Mexicans, though admittedly I also interacted with them less. They could be pushy when it came to money, but that was understandable given the language gap and their need to get paid for things. Had some very interesting conversations with men who had worked in the US illegally and learned English.

On the whole it was a nice place to live, though it may not sound like I thought so because I'm only talking about the negatives.

Burroughs went to Morocco to write. Heroin and boipussy flowing freely, a true beatnik paradise.

Yes i think that i know what you reefer to, you can see that kind of people buying the latest murakami in el pendulo and acting really snobish about it, and yet they always are more anti intellectual that the working class, i mean most of them acknowledge that studying and reading is important but they rarely do but again probably because most people say that cant afford it.
Most students here are also jaded because they really have no hopes of working in what they are studying, at most to become a drone in an office so they only want the paper that proves that they are educated even if they don't care.
Sorry if i wrote just an incoherent rambling, im drunk as fuck at the moment.

bump

Joseph Conrad (Congo)
George Orwell (Burma)
Rudyard Kipling (India)
etc etc etc

You should really read Ortega y Gasset's criticisms of the Spanish bourgeoisie.

Gaddis and Lowry did.

The new meme is staying in a first world country to write because of welfare.