I read mostly read high lit but also mostly listen to blog buzz and pitchfork level trash

>I read mostly read high lit but also mostly listen to blog buzz and pitchfork level trash.

So how many of you pseuds here does this describe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vmCmrZfybPQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i stopped caring about pitchfork years ago although i have to lol at them giving that fucking horrible new james blake album a bnm, i mean come on even the dedicated pitchfork tryhards are going to have a hard time swallowing that stinker

>p4k
>trash

pick one

I'm talking mainly about the type of shit it reviews.

>I love both Beckett and Ariel Pink!

>Gymnopédies, Glassworks, Music for Airports, the list simply goes on..

or two

Keep masturbating to Yacht faggot

yacht is actually rad as fuck you are right, but in fact pitchfork in their infinite wisdom panned their last album with a 6 point something, pitchfork confirmed pleb as usual

There is only one way to go full patrician

The stuff p4k pushes has never really interested me, barring a few gems. I'm mostly into punk, metal, jazz, and prog rock, and I like to dip my feet in other genres as well. Used to be a big classic hip hop fan but I've been moving away from most of that stuff lately.

this is a blue board, retard

Please listen to real music, everyone: youtube.com/watch?v=vmCmrZfybPQ

I read mostly historical work and college-level benchmark philosophical and literary work. Meme stuff and things you need to pre-read the person's entire line of work to get any effect just don't interest me.

You're meme stuff.

Why do people read critics again? just go on nodata and download the latest releases. If you want to find a genre specific album go on rym and search albums in their respective charts. You won't get better taste by getting spoonfed

I read Nick Land's blog, Scaruffi, Rei Koz, My Posting Career, etc.

Genuine patrician right here, folks.

Because it takes less time to read reviews from a source that you usually agree with than download all recent release and give them a listen. Do you watch the first few minutes of all film releases or read the first couple of pages of all book releases?

download the release of an artist you like, or just listen to all the releases reviewed on pitchfork without reading the critics? keep getting your opinions dictated by others

>just go on nodata and download the latest releases.
>you should wade through a ton of random garbage to find a couple of gems
No, thank you. RYM charts are a slightly better idea, but then you are putting yourself in an another person's hands again. Critics are necessary for art. (Not defending shit reviewers like Pitchfork and theneedledrop.)

Pitchfork is actually extremely useful in that you know you can safely avoid any music reviewed on it.

Hannigan please go. And stop trying to conduct and sing at the same time, sometimes it's ok for other people to be the centre of attention

>Critics are necessary for art.
holy shit. what do the critics have that you have not? An extensive culture and some talent to write a good critic? There's nothing keeping you from obtaining those two requirements, except your love for art critics

because i like reading the opinions of intelligent and knowledgeable people. scaruffi, bangs, and prindle have some pretty insightful commentaries on rock music.

hahaha daily reminder that faggots like this guy occupy BOTH time and space

tfw no patrician universe to autopurge plebs of this caliber

Thanks for saying this every time that video is posted.

You're incredibly naive mate. No one is telling you what you're supposed yo belief. Critique has an important role in exposing us to new things that we otherwise would not have picked up because we simply wouldn't have known about it. It's a process of filtering your input, not dictating your opinion on that input. You can tell by a review whether something might interest you without necessarily agreeing with the critic's opinion.

the internet has made critics (or your conception of a critic) obselete though

A professional dedication to critique. In certainly capable of a lot of tasks but division of labor means I don't clean every toilet I sit on or harvest every crop I eat.

If you're following a select group of people's opinions and personal reviews, that's just another form of critique.

Do you faggets know what a blue board is?

I bet if the picture were of a naked female the thread would already be deleted, but mods are fags, so it's still here.

whew, lad

they still review non-rap music?

>e la mia vita è divina