Classism

What's the most blatant example of classism in the study of Western Literature and why is it the Shakespeare Authorship Debate?

the most blatant example of classism in the study of Western Literature is leftist authors complaining about the successful

>leftist authors complaining about the successful

unless the successful is a leftist

there is literally no debate around Shakespearean authorship within academia

hollywood making movies and cracked articles does not count as "study of western literature"

I thought the Oxford theory was gaining ground quickly? Am I wrong?

> muh Oxford

Shakespeare wrote with Middleton and with Fletcher.

Middleton, we know, wrote and edited parts of Macbeth and Measure for Measure.

Anyone else notice that everyone in that picture is white?
Good old western academia. god bless. But no, please, go on with your complaint that people are classist against Shakespeare. It's clearly a big issue.

>Anyone else notice that everyone in that picture is white? Good old western academia. god bless.

It's a photo from the teen action movie "Kingsman: The Secret Service".

Worst is that there even is a negro in the picture, a woman to boot.

yes, it's a metaphor.
OP represents academic classism via a picture that more poignantly sums up much of academic racism, and ignores the latter in a way typical of academia. finit.

two ladies, no niggers. only a chav, my friend, and those, unlike American white folk turned to the dark side so to speak are so far as I know not created by blark people culture infringing on white people culture

very

>yes, it's a metaphor.
Don't try to bullshit your way out of this, user.

Shakespeare had noble blood, whether his family tree evidences it or not. No mere plebeian could have produced such immortal works

>no niggers

Yes it's classism. It's sad really.

I gotta be honest, guys. I used to be 100%, no doubt, absolutely convinced the traditional Shakespeare was Shakespeare. I have to admit the Oxfordians make a good argument. A real good argument.

Can you guys recommend me anything that can definitively dismiss the Oxfordians? Using historic, sourced facts?

What "argument" did the Oxfordians to convince you? Just seems to be a blatant projection of classism, as the OP implied.

>all these ugly british people

Well they haven't convinced me. I'm just saying they make a fairly compelling argument. I can't reference one thing that "convinced" me.

And yeah, I used to think it was classism, too.

First ten (?) pages of Shakespeare Only, by Jeffrey Knapp

Find it on libgen

WHAT fairly compelling argument?
This is an anonymous board. I have no idea who you are. I can't just look up your previous posts to know what you're actually referring to.

(not the guy you were responding to)