Is lasagna better with bechamel sauce instead of ricotta...

Is lasagna better with bechamel sauce instead of ricotta? I learned from angry Italians in the comment section of youtube videos that that's the traditional Italian way to make lasagna and making it any other way is a personal insult to their grandmothers, for which they swear an eternal vendetta. I've never had it like that, though, as far as I know, so I'm just wondering if it's actually better that way or if they are just sticking to tradition because that's what smelly Italians do.

I only eat pure water filtered through my infowars brand water filter. I am still interested in lasagna though, so if anyone knows if it's better or worse with bechamel, I'd appreciate it if they told me.

>caring what Italians think
We need more earthquakes to shut those loudmouths up

>infowars brand water filter.
Enjoy your chemtrails.

I only care about delicious food

Anyone know what this faggit means by chemtrails?

He means he wants (You)s. Just report all his posts.

he's trying to force a meme. just ignore him

Ricotta is the naples variant, besciamella is the emilian variant.

Ah okay thanks for the clarification. I wonder if I can piss off any angry youtube Italians with this info.

Also, do you have a preference?

Your photo makes me so hungry right now. It looks so perfect and sturdy and cooked amazingly well. I wish we had technology to just take food from the computer and have it appear in front of us.

On topic, I have never had what you speak of but I always use a 50/50 mix of Italian sausage and ground beef and I like it so that's what counts to me. I can try making the style you speak of and see how it is this weekend, though. Always like new (to me) ideas I haven't heard of before.

Ive never seen a lasagna with ricotta.

My girlfriends kids (seriously and not the meme form of this) won't eat ricotta so she has never made one with it either and she has only had it with ricotta one time

I prefer besciamella, but i'm from Emilia so i'm a bit biased.

if you gave an italian a plate of italian food made by their own grandmother and didnt tell them who made it, they would complain it wasn't authentic. italians are the pickiest eaters in the world.

just try it to see if you like it better that way.

why u dating a girl with kids? do u cook for them and stuff?

that looks like what you get when you order pizza in Chicago

What do you mean not the meme form? Are you or are you not dating a bitch with kids that arent yours?

bechamel is good but not worth the extra effort imo
and feta is superior to ricotta

i think he means he actually is, not that he's making a joke.

lol memes xd

>Is lasagna better with bechamel sauce instead of ricotta?
I'm italian and I've never had lasagna with ricotta instead of besciamella
the taste and consistency are quite different so it's probably down to taste but def try it

did you get berried.

They are different dishes. Ironically, the bechamel version is what you usually get in shitty frozen Stouffers-tier factory lasagna and it is absolutely pig digusting, and the ricotta filling version is what you get for "home-style" Italian lasagna in the US.

Nobody knows whay but I suspect it's because we ended up with all the Sicilian niggers you Italians didn't want and they do shit like that.

All said and done, however: the ricotta filling can be excellent, it's lighter and firmer than the bechamel version and holds up to other ingredients like spinach and zuchinni much better
sure, whatever.

Italians who say shit like that are a load of inbred bumblefucks who have no idea how much variety there is in their national cuisine. I've seen absolute masters like Gennaro Contaldo do things which would make many retarded Italians cry sacrilege. Even when they're completely right about what they're saying, there's nothing to be gained from completely anal commitment to traditionalist cooking.

It's the way it's normally made in America, as far as I know. I googled it after the other user mentioned that ricotta is the Naples variant and read that it's probably that way because most Italians who immigrated to America were from the southern regions of Italy, where lasagna was usually made with ricotta. I don't know much about history, so I can't confirm or deny this explanation, but it made sense to me.

I'll give it a try next time I make lasagna.

>They are different dishes.
What is it called when it has ricotta?

Are you ok?

>What is it called when it has ricotta?
Flyover Cuisine.
It makes you shit your pants in Walmart when combined with beetus medication.

Look at the mississippi native pretending he's italian, how cute

Heh, I'm actually Danish, Sharty.
Nice try though.

>Danish
So why do you think anyone cares what you have to say on the topic?

>Denmark resident calling anyone else flyover

Don't you have a grocery store to go and shit yourself in?

>Denmark resident
I said I was Danish.
I am not currently resident in Denmark.
Some times people have passports and move away from their Nation State.
Or in your case, Cleetus, their State.
#shartinthemart

fuck!
#BTFO

Why are you still posting? No one values your opinion?

>sure, whatever.
What?

OK.
Just ignore me then.
Thanks.

> (You)
>>They are different dishes.
>What is it called when it has ricotta?

Lasagna, of course. But you don't call apple pie and rhubarb pie the same dish even though they're both pie, do you?

Ricotta > Bechamel

t. Sicillian

I see your point.

>literally starts post with "my wife's son..."
>expects to be taken seriously

well memed my friend

From Naples here.
We put neither ricotta nor bechamel. The only dairy we add is mozzarella or fior di latte.

Pretty sure ricotta is used in the rest of the south, though, Campania included, just not Naples. And bechamel is more central and northern.

Depends which you like. Try both as well as try with neither and see which of the three, ricotta, bechamel or none, you prefer. I prefer none, but I'm likely culturally biased. I'm okay with any of the three, though.

>using hashtags on 4chin

Wow this is a new level of gay

did you get berried a couple days ago.

Nope. I'm a bit too far south.

>I don't know much about history, so I can't confirm or deny this explanation, but it made sense to me.
Most of the Italians who immigrated to the US were from Naples or south of it, including some Sicilians. Italian American cuisine is like Southern Italian cuisine, but with more meat and cheese, and fewer vegetables.

Yet very few Italoamericans are of Basilicatan background. All the ones I've met claim to be Neapolitan, Calabrian or Sicilian. Also, I find it odd that they say 'Neapolitan' even though very, very, very few of them have origins in even the province of Naples never mind the city proper.
Protip, Amerifriends of Italian ancestry: Naples != Campania.

I'm pretty sure flyover lasagna has cottage cheese actually.

I am from Matera.

IDGAF what italians think, however I do agree that it's much better with bechamel. That's the way I make it, and it's very popular with the people I've served it to. Lasagna doesn't need to be overloaded with cheese, the sauces are more important to the final flavor and texture.
One of the most disgusting lasagnas I ever ate was when a friend of mine invited us to dinner and made a hideous crockpot lasagna that was basically noodles, store bought sauce, and what seemed like every kind of gooey cheese they could find at the store. I fucking love cheese, but there is such a thing too fucking much.

Italo-Canada fag checking in.

Better with béchamel if you want a rich meal.
I don't put ricotta in mine, I mix the tomato sauce and the béchamel in equal parts, heavenly.

I like it with cottage cheese. It's much cheaper and I think the texture is nicer.

I've actually never had it with ricotta, only bechamel and it's a perfect combination that way. Ricotta sounds too "rich" for that dish, 2bh.

Never had it with ricotta. Didn't even know that was a thing.

It turned out much too watery when I tried to make it. It's not really cheaper than bechamel sauce anyway, but I guess it does save you some time.