I'm going to fall for the bacon meme, but I've never eaten bacon in my life so I have two questions...

I'm going to fall for the bacon meme, but I've never eaten bacon in my life so I have two questions. Does it actually taste good? and, would it be healthy to eat bacon everyday for breakfast? I'm sick of just eating eggs.

>bacon is a meme
retard.

Are you implying it isn't? American are always like DUDE BACON LMAO xD and I'm not American so I never got what was so great about it.

Don't eat it everyday if you live a sedative lifestyle. It was fine to eat back when everyone has blue collar jobs. You can have it about 3-4 times a week. It's crispy fried salty pork. Some people live it, others hate it. I'd recommend it though, so try it.
Inb4 >implying someone cares about your opinion.

>Does it actually taste good?
Yes
>would it be healthy to eat bacon everyday for breakfast?
Not in the slightest

That does not constitute a meme.
Retard.

For starters that isn't bacon. Americans think that's bacon because their corporate masters gave tricked them into it. It's the same with how Americans call prepackaged slices of yellow rubber cheese.

>mobile
>suggestive text ruins state means

>would it be healty to eat bacon everyday for breakfast

yes

Give me one good reason why you have not tried bacon

not op but i didn't try it until i was 22 because of imposed vegetarianism

>I've never had bacon but I'm going to call it a meme
epic

>leafposters think their tasteless slices of ham count as bacon

I'm against calling things that aren't memes memes. But bacon has a whole retarded subculture around it. So it is or at least was a meme.

>or at least was
This. Bacon has always been tasty, but for a while it was also a meme. I blame Jim Gaffigan.

Hey Veeky Forums if you want unsmoked bacon is it better to blanch bacon or go with blanched salt pork?

Breathing is a meme.

You are a fucking meme.

salt pork will have less of a smoky flavor, but also less of that "cured" taste. I'd say it's up to the dish.

>so I never got what was so great about it
Well you've never tried it before either, so.

Lets say you're going for a poor mans pancetta.

I like turkey bacon more than regular bacon, and yeah it's good. Just don't make the mistake of pan-frying it. Throw it in the oven and it's perfect.

Not a leaf, dumb cunt.

The entire world has been calling it bacon long before your shitty colony was a thing. Too bad for you.

Never bought pancetta before but is it really that expensive?

So you do admit that your "bacon" is just bland ham?

I'd use the blanched bacon for that. And depending on what the dish is, I might not even blanch it.

>Never bought pancetta before but is it really that expensive?

Nope. It's just an expression bro. Would you prefer the term "inferior substitute"?

I don't care what term you use. I was just wondering if it was expensive enough to warrant trying to replicate with cheaper stuff. Like I said, I've never bought it before.

I have to go into the city (chicago) to get pancetta and it's $12 a pound for the cheap stuff and 24 for the air cured gourmet charcuterie shit. Meanwhile I can get salt port for 3 buck for 12ounces at any local mega super market.

This Brit is mad. Mad about meat nomenclature

Protip: as a meat by itself it's shit tier. Bacon is only good for making things taste different, like a sandwich or burger. What I'm saying is bacon is more a condiment than a meat to make aeal with. But it tastes good.

He's not british tbqh. We have streaky and back bacon over here, both sold raw unlike that Canadian "bacon" that's basically smoked ham.

Ham is pork leg, Canadian bacon is made from pork loin. Also I'm Canadian and I have not once seen or been served Canadian bacon. Maybe it's something only backwards Ontario people do, like bagged milk.

No idea. Also Canadian, and I always thought "Canadian bacon" was just what americans called peameal bacon.

Also, OP, put some maple on dat. You need maple on everything.

Bacon is pretty alright, I like it anyway. It's definitely not gonna blow you away, but is kind of versatile. Try different brands and kinds and thicknesses. I'm preferential to thin, but you might like thick. I restarted my keto diet a few days ago, and I believe it to be healthy, but make that decision for yourself. It's not uncommon for me to fry up a full pound and melt in about another pound of cheddar cheese. That's mostly just to get past the induction phase of ketosis, obviously you don't have to go that hard.

There are no flags on Veeky Forums and he didn't indicate what country he is from. There are 195 countries in the entire world, 194 not counting the USA. Why in the absolute fuck would you just assume he is Canadian? You're such a fucking arrogant faggot. This is why the world hates fat dumb Americans

>Also Canadian, and I always thought "Canadian bacon" was just what americans called peameal bacon.

Fellow Canadian here. I always call it peameal bacon, and always roll my eyes when Americans go "huehuehue Canadian bacon hue".

Which province are you in that you've never seen/had peameal bacon before? Also I assumed that bagged milk was in most places (yes, I'm in Ontaristan).

Bacon and eggs go great together.

I wouldn't advise eating bacon every day, though. Good way to wind up in an early grave, I guess.

The thing is, the most common "canadian bacon" in America is either a pizza topping or an egg mcmuffin and is round (like processed ham) and has no non-intramuscular fat.

check out my bacon

Do any of you Canadians know where to get any good peameal bacon from? I use to eat it up near canadian border with NY and now in South Carolina and nobody has ever heard of it hardly. I miss it badly. Maybe some website to order and have it shipped or something? Anything?

thats the healthiest bacon i have ever seen thanks to the high protein low fat ratio, congratulations bro

>I'm sick of just eating eggs.
are you implying you're going to substitute eggs with bacon?
in godsname why? eggs are great low-fat sources of protein and bacon is greasy bullshit that packs no nutritional values

I hope I'm misunderstanding you

OP is sick of eating just eggs is what it should say. He wants to add bacon with the eggs so it is not just eggs. So bacon and eggs vs just eggs. At least...I hope?

ahhh that makes sense, ty anonchan
hm, why not. I like to add something like smoked (veil) ham for a salty kick.
a wide variety of salty meats work with eggs, and you don't need a lot which is better.

>eggs are low fat
spot the retard

okay, the egg whites.
sry user

>Implies he is British
>Uses the incorrect American meaning of ham

You aren't folling anyone Billy Bob.

But that's just normal bacon with the belly still attached.

Sorry, bud.
I am still currently in Canada. I get my peameal at the grocery store. Or a diner.
But I am sure there is some way to get it shipped.

*edit* looked into it, apparently ncsmokehouse.com will ship peameal to you in 2 days. Git you some, fella!

>I like turkey bacon more than regular bacon

Because turkey bacon is nothing like real bacon.

depends on what kind you eat and how you cook it
personally, i think smoked english bacon grilled is really nice. i've tried american bacon, didn't really like it. there's not enough meat on it for me
it probably isn't healthy to eat everyday, but that depends on your lifestyle and how much you have

It is not a healthy meme, but it is very very good, even just fried by itself.

>Does it actually taste good?

Yes

>and, would it be healthy to eat bacon everyday for breakfast? I'm sick of just eating eggs.

Of course not, but it's not healthy to eat eggs every day either