What made them think it would succeed?

What made them think it would succeed?

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/london/2016/08/25/vegan-pay-want-restaurant-faces-closure-customers-fork-less-3-meal/
yelp.at/biz/der-wiener-deewan-wien
deewan.at
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chef-prepared-curry-after-wiping-7745790
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Complete misunderstanding about the differences between businesses and charities.

Spooks did

Since OP is a fag:
breitbart.com/london/2016/08/25/vegan-pay-want-restaurant-faces-closure-customers-fork-less-3-meal/

>brietbart
>coming from /pol/
>not posting source

I saw it on Twitter m8, googled for it, and found half a dozen sources.

Apparently fuck capitalism and eating meat isn't a good business model
Meanwhile actual restaurant can be very profitablethis is why the left doesn't belong in business but rather in government and goverments surrounding areas because they couldn't make an honest buck if their lives deluded on it, this is also why they want to mega tax the rich and liveable wage welfare because they don't understand that rights are equal and you can't make any law you want and decriminalize teft

Did you just got a stroke, gramps?

Apparently poor people want to pay jack shit but rich people don't want to pay 6 times the cost to make up for loss?
Who could have ever figured that out?

Everyone calls right wingers old fucks but then trump happens and pushes pol to the mainstream and they are left wandering what happened.
Don't kid yourself kid you are a costumer not a vendor

i'm surprised Veeky Forums isn't saying they could make it work for $3 / meal, especially without meat

Lentil as anything

I do not understand this pun.
It is a pun of some sort right?

I'm sorry our education system has failed you.

Some Autistralian thing I'm sure

It's a play on "mental as anything." As in, "as crazy as anything you can name."

Pretty apt.

>poetry circles, musical gigs and meditation classes
what even is this place? initially it sounded like a restaurant, but now it sounds like some hippie dream. meditation classes? what the fuck? did they also sell african baskets and handmade soaps?

The fuck are you on about, restaurants have massive failure rates. Their biggest failure is overestimating altruism and the demand for vegan food. But to be honest, even free market theory gets completely fucked if altruism is not present in some form without devolving into a dystopia.

>altruism
I've never understood this. Altruism doesn't exist. People don't do anything without getting something out of it in return.

I've never seen a restaurant that has survived the model in OP.

So you are autistic.

>People don't do anything without getting something out of it in return.

Agreed. Even if there is no obvious physical exchange involved (like, say, money or goods) there's always the personal satisfaction.

People might donate money to a charity or give food to the homeless--what they get in exchange is satisfaction, perhaps a reduction of guilt, the feeling of "supporting their cause", etc.

>that one awkward guy in the back with the pelican shirt

Excellent quality post

Yep.

You probably are correct, but saying that tons of restaurants are successful is misleading. Close to 90% of restaurants fail, it is simply a bad business to get into unless you have a deep calling for it. It isn't that this model failed so much as restaurants as a whole fail. The exact reasons that helped contribute to this failure can likely be attributed to misjudgements about clientele.

Restaurants commonly host events to increase traffic and draw customers. I'm sure that even in your flyover state, local restaurants have things like karaoke nights, right?

apparently they have several locations, some have been open for over 10 years. it sounds like it's a soup kitchen for hippies.

yea but not poetry circles or meditation classes. not even in woodstock, ny where I grew up. not in a restaurant where people are trying to eat.

karaoke is done in bars, not restaurants.

I know of eclectic diners where I live that don't do exactly this but they do things similar. They are not your normal restaurant but that is their mystique and market niche. Off beat is a marketing scheme in and of itself.

They made the false assumption that vegans are better people and would give more of their money for a cause. Clearly it wasn't the case.

liberals are literally mentally ill.

I remember when I was 13 and going through my autistic Objectivist phase. Sometimes I go back and read the posts I made during that time to remind myself of what a faggot I'm capable of being.

vegan pay what you want restaurant have a 100% failure rate, they should have open a mcdonalds, those things anage themselves

Is that you, Joe Cumia?

this place is a chain with some places open over 10 years. it's a soup kitchen for hippies.

You type like a fucking retard, dude. How do you expect anyone to take your opinions seriously when you convey them like a drunken 14 year old?

you didnt expect trump and now you are butthurt as fuck, what do you even expect to happen if trump loses? everything goes back to how it was before? how is hillary going to manage black lives matter? isnt it funny that after the first black presindent who was going to bring hope and change we see massive organized race based crime again? when are you going to admit that what you do doesnt work? everyone is tired of your shit

Are you drunk, user?

None of that changes the fact that you have atrocious writing skills.

>some hippie dream
You didn't figure that out after reading pay-what-you-want vegan restaurant?

i may type like a retard but you manage a buisness like a champ
and i mean like a toddler that doesnt understand that at the end of the day you need fucking profit

i thought it was a restaurant..

I think you have me confused with someone else, friend. I work in pharmaceutical research.

//pol/

wow such an amazing rethroic
how can anyone argue against
>shut up
>i dont like you
>you are a bigot
>go to pol
you know where i can go instead? anywhere right wing is mainstream again and now we know how awful is the country when you run it

>customers don't know how much we need to run a business?!?
apparently, neither do the owners.

this is a cooking board.

still overpriced

>People feel good for helping others
>Somehow evidence against altrusim
That's literally what altruism is.

I go to chef school with a chick who's working there, and heaps of my druggo mates go there every night to get free food

I never said any of that. I agree with you for the most part, but the way you present your arguments makes us look dumb. Please never talk about politics again; people like you are just ammunition for liberal pussies to call us incoherent idiots.

but yeah i mean, you write like a champ dont you? how many curriculums have you wrote already? 200? im sorry the world needs another nu male with a psychology degree like people need a pay what you want vegam restaurant

Again, I work in pharmaceutical research. What do you do for a living, character?

you are not dumb user, you are retarded, people always laugh at trump because ughh he talks funny and he is aginst mexicaaaans... my maid is mexicaaaan?, what is like his problem?
keep tryint to hold that globe underwater, im sure if you push deep enough it isnt going to float as soon as you let go

this is a cooking board.

well it was a nice gesture and I imagine they fed a lot of poor people.

Actual conservative here. Are you trying to make us look bad?

this is a cooking board.

>lentils cost 99ยข/lb in le US
>woolies has them for $3/kg, about the same price
>1lb of lentils cooks up into 8 servings; 1kg into 18
>costs $0.17/serving to cook lentils in aussieland
>oz vegans want $10 a plate
lol

Vegetarians are the kinds of people who only buy laptops, never use any of the wallpapers included with the OS, install a 3rd party theme, and move the taskbar to the top of the screen.

Vegans buy Macs. Mostly laptops but you might see them with a desktop (i.e. full commitment mode).

The rest of us buy or build a desktop PC, we might have a laptop for school or business, but we don't like it, and only change the wallpaper when we upgrade to a new version of Windows.

I'm not really sure what this has to do with OP's post, but it made me feel better to type it.

so you are a test subject that gets 500 biweekly dolars for taking pms medication? im currently practicing my art skills and learning computer science at college, i couldnt give less of a fuck about the second but i need to work to survive and programers are always on demand

...when it suits you

>this is a cooking board.
this is a cooking board.

this.

>practicing my art skils
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>$23,000 a week running cost
The fuck. Is rent really THAT high in Sydney or is this one of those "volunteer run" scams?

and studying cs...?

theres a gratitude cafe near me. All these homeless crust punks go in and eat there. most pay literally pennies because thats what they want to pay for vegan food. the place closed its policy and made a base amount of $4 to eat there after taking a asskicking and almost going out of business.. because sliding scale eating places dont work in our society.

>too many bums and moochers
>nobody wants to pay for vegan food

>costumer
>trump voter
>retard
pic related

>$2700 a month rent

overheads a bitch

>...?
Please go back to plebbit.

He types just fine if you ask me. You sound exactly like a 14 year old.

noboddy axed you, artard

>vegan pay what you want restaurant have a 100% failure rate, they should have open a mcdonalds, those things anage themselves
should be
>Vegan pay-what-you-want restaurants have a 100% failure rate. They should have opened a McDonald's; hose things manage themselves.

those*

i have never been to reddit, maybe you can show me thet way
i mean bicurious left leaning political correctness faggots love it right?

Nobody's being a faggot here but you.

nah, it was right the second time.

Actually I am a Trump supporter. You hurt our cause by opening your mouth and it would behoove you to keep it shut as your obvious lack of education becomes more self evident the further you speak.

this is a cooking board.

Story says rent is 2700/wk, so you tell me.

Oh right. I love taco bowls.

>behoove
im going to go out limb and guess you are a power bottom

But they don't have to pay for labour, and supposedly it's non-profit philantropy, lentils are dirt cheap, so really what else is costing those 20300 per week?

>Onwers set a "name your price" buisness model
>Owners get mad when the price people want to pay isn't high enough

they also pay a staff. and i'm sure the manager get paid. I assume most volunteers are kitchen staff.
its not that much money truthfully its like 3400 a day which is normal..though they cdont give numbers pertaining to amount of customers on a given day which would make all the math make sense.

I always played with the idea of the opposite, a restaurant where you pay for absolutely everything but the basic meal is either really cheap or we offer maybe a free three ingredient salad with no drink
And you pay for everything you want to add be it bacon, cheese, dressing, etc

If the costumers are hanging out for poetry and meditation session I'm going to guess they are the kind of person that hangs out there for 3 hours and drops three dollars.
This restaurant model could work if you set a low minimum and force them to leave after half an hour

What does a business in Australia have to do with "right wingers used to be old but it is now a mainstream movement thanks to trump"?

You sound like an average salty drunk american who flies 3,000 miles from the USA to sit at a beach bar in a country where no one knows who the fuck trump is or even how to speak english and you start trying to argue with people about US politics

I have vegetarian buffets around me that charges less than equivalent to 15 aus dollars, and they don't use volunteer or claim it's non-profit hippy bullshit.

>only buy laptops
Tick.
>never use any of the wallpapers included with the OS
Tick.
>install a 3rd party theme
Nope.
>move the taskbar to the top of the screen.
Tick.

>Macs.
Nope.

Okay. I'm not a vegetarian nor a vegan, but lots of that applies to me. What's that supposed to imply?

>The rest of us buy or build a desktop PC
I have, but I'm not that invested in tech to care to do it regularly.
>we might have a laptop for school or business, but we don't like it
I have a lappy for business and another for home. I like both.

>and only change the wallpaper when we upgrade to a new version of Windows.
Whenever I get a new computer, I change the wallpaper to plain black and move the taskbar to the top. It stays that way until it craps out on me or I dispose of it in some other way. What's wrong with that?

That business that pander to left wing culture are no longer cool?
You can't talk about a restaurant failing without bringing in business into the equation, buzzfeed is bleeding views. It's hip to be left is dead, politics is mostly marketing user

these sort of places are a heaps old concept. Theyre usually indian vegatarian places though, and they do tend to go oob which is sort of sad since the food is usually top notch

My family runs a hotel and restaurant that have been in operation since 1994 and is now the biggest operation for tourism in my country and we have yet to speak to each other about trump and left wingers or right wingers or take those terms into consideration for movements in our business.

In fact I don't even know what left wingers or right wingers are. We don't use those terms politically here.

We don't even dabble in local politics. We keep as far from it as possible.

Each member has their own preferences but in terms of business we keep politics and business totally separate.

You still have to mention what trump has to do with a shitty business in Australia.

There's a place like that in Vienna. That one's been going strong for years, though. Maybe Austrians are less stingy.

yelp.at/biz/der-wiener-deewan-wien
deewan.at

>indian food
>top notch
lol

My favorite vegetarian restaurant in NYC charges $4 a meal, so this doesn't seem too far off.

I had to go look up what that was. Yes.

I make fun of the poo in loos as much as anyone, but you can't knock their food. It's basically the only cuisine that does vegetarian food on a wide scale, and the majority of good vegetarian dishes are Indian in origin.

If you made something that really knocked my socks offs. I'd pay and tip handsomely. But
>vegan
Not in my lifetime.

If you start a business like that in the middle of the ghetto and let all the hobos in it will fail.

If you start a business like that in a rich neighborhood and be serious about kicking the hobos then you have a higher chance of success.

That has nothing to do with politics.

it's an international Web page with posters from all over the world. yes a lot of the posters won't have great English. funny how people should know this, yet somehow you dont.

yes, you can knock their food. it's bad and unhealthy.
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chef-prepared-curry-after-wiping-7745790

Good thing I'm American.