Is he an SJW?

Is he an SJW?

Other urls found in this thread:

pynchon.pomona.edu/uncollected/watts.html
data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5
theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/31/the-counted-police-killings-2015-young-black-men
washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If you asked him if he believed in equality I am sure he would say yes.

how about you sjwuck my fucking dick

He uses words like "cunt" and "nigger" in his books. So no.

I'm sure this is true though.

Pynchon is a third-rate James Joyce who was already a third-rate Lewis Caroll, slathered in cornball shit gonzo Americana garbage that only fat retard Americans care about. Liking Pynchon is the equivalent of being a libertarian on Reddit who insists that Breaking Bad is just as good Shakespeare because "you can't prove it isn't, using logic."

lol your dumb

mad cornball detected

Wallace is even worse. Doesn't even crack the top 10000 list.

I hate how resentful the plebs get after they fail Pynchon. You shouldn't lash out at your superiors; you should learn from them..

Yes. But that isn't a bad thing.

when i read his books i get the feeling that hes on a completely different plane of thought and has an entirely secret range of cares (or lack of cares) that no one but him could comprehend

>writing racist characters means you don't oppose racism
ok

In his letters he said he used to be racist (pre V.).

No, he's not really an SJW, dude is way too far-sighted for that.

Bleeding Edge is literally about the death of Veeky Forums.

He's way beyond SJWs or /pol/.

>Lewis Carroll
>better then James fucking Joyce

He's left, only insofar as it's reasonable to be. From Pynchon's writings, we can infer he disproves of all ideology which he perceives to be irrational or insincere. He's clearly no big fan of bigotry, but would likely not side with activists who believe marginalized peoples to be morally incorruptible. I can never see him aligning himself with all the ideological baggage of Marxism, but he similarly disproves of all jingoism and libertarian theology.

To me, the Crying of Lot 49 and Inherent Vice both satirize the religious element of American counterculture.

>opposing racism means you're an SJW
ok

Yes, absolutely. He wrote a piece for The New York Times Magazine on the Watts riots, and it firmly establishes his progressive politics and racial self-hatred. This shouldn't be surprising if you've read any of his books; they are all very anti-authoritarian. He's still a great writer though.
pynchon.pomona.edu/uncollected/watts.html

If you do get to where you were going without encountering a cop, you may spend your day looking at the white faces of personnel men, their uniform glance of suspicion, their automatic smiles, and listening to polite put-downs. "I decided once to ask," a kid says, "one time they told me I didn't meet their requirements. So I said: 'Well, what are you looking for? I mean, how can I train, what things do I have to learn so I can meet your requirements?' Know what he said? 'We are not obligated to tell you what our requirements are.'"

He isn't. That right there is the hell and headache: he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't want to do because he is The Man. Or he was. A lot of kids these days are more apt to be calling him the little man--meaning not so much any member of the power structure as just your average white L.A. taxpayer, registered voter, property owner, employed, stable, mortgaged and the rest.

The little man bugs these kids more than The Man ever bugged their parents. It is the little man who is standing on their feet and in their way; he's all over the place, and there is not much they can do to change him or the way he feels about them. A Watts kid knows more of what goes on inside white heads than possibly whites do themselves. Knows how often the little man has looked at him and thought, "Bad credit risk"--or "Poor learner," or "Sexual threat," or "Welfare chisler" without knowing a thing about him personally.

The natural, normal thing to want to do is hit the little man. But what after all, has he done? Mild, respectable, possibly smiling, he has called you no names, shown no weapons. Only told you perhaps that the job was filled, the house rented.

With a cop it may get more dangerous, but at least it's honest. You understand each other. Both of you silently admitting that all the cop really has going for him is his gun. "There was a time," they'll tell you, "you'd say, 'Take off the badge baby, and let's settle it.' I mean, he wouldn't, but you'd say it. But since August, man, the way I feel, hell with the badge--just take off that gun."

The cop does not take off the gun; the hassle stays verbal. But this means that, besides protecting and serving the little man, the cop also functions as his effigy.

If he does not get emotional and say something like "boy" or "nigger," you then have the option of cooling it or else--again this is more frequent since last August--calling him the name he expects to be called, though it is understood you are not commenting in any literal way on what goes on between him and his mother. It is a ritual exchange, like the dirty dozens.

If he were alive today he would be a blogger.

Super Jew Woman?Ha ha.
Jusk kiddin i know what SJW stand for.

;-)

tl;dr "I like Thelonious Monk, so don't be racist."

oh great he is a nu-male. Im going to burn all my pynchon books

On Veeky Forums not being a card-carrying Klansman would garner accusations of being an SJW

You can be empathetic toward black people without hating white people. It's not a fucking contest.

Have you ever read him? Pynchon is a pot-smoking hippie. In fact, that's what "post-modernist" really means: hippie.

He's a fucking poop loving cuck

>hahahaha the poop slide down my throat its like a negro's peanus hahaha xD

What a tard, wow

What? Veeky Forums puts everyone into either the /pol/ or SJW categories.

Both are racist in different ways. I don't think Pynchon is racist and so he is not either of them.

kekekekekekekekekekekekekeke
jejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejejeje

Pretty blue pilled about the dindus.
Too into underage pussy to please the legbeards doe. So not complete sjw.
But you'd still be better off reading Tom Wolfe.

>nah, man. people who fight racism are, like, the REAL racists

>fighting racism

I for one kek'd, v well done

Some of them are, tho.

sjws literally hate white people

or they are white people who hate themselves

Every time I read the term 'SJW' my brain automatically swaps it for 'decent, empathetic human being'

Heidegger!?

>sjws literally hate white people
White people are contemptible, so I don't see the problem.

>Every time I read the term 'SJW' my brain automatically swaps it for 'decent, empathetic human being'
decent empathetic human being? that's a cuck, user, not an sjw
sjw's are just modern day Savonarolas

Whites are not more worthy of contempt than other races.

>sjws literally hate white people
How?

Weirdest thing is how quickly the whole identity politics discourse was absorbed into advertising and establishment neoliberalism. By now it's merely an effective way to push soulless mass culture commodities as 'progressive' transformational experiences and promote well-worn capitalistic values as 'empowering'.

And Stirner is right once again.
Big surprise.

I don't hate white people, but I think whiteness and white supremacy are really harmful institutions. I just want the American dream to be real for everyone. You can't say we don't have a long way to go when black youth are still getting gunned down with impunity. Read Ta-Neshi Coates' Between the World and Me. It's a real eye-opening experience and quite well written to boot.

You only believe that garbage because you've been lapping up their bullshit uncritically. You have joined a cult. More white people are killed by black violence than blacks are killed by white.

That would be useful if they had any decency, empathy or humanity.

But blacks are massively more likely to be killed by the state extrajudicially

Black on white crime is a result of inequality and unemployment more than anything else.

If there was a button that when pressed exterminated all whites, anyone with an ounce of common sense would press it (even if it meant his own death).

What do you think Pynchon thinks of Trump?

How often do you prep?

Yeah, it'd be fun to watch from another dimension as the Chinks and Mohameds battled it out for world dominance in the power vacuum. The blacks that survived the civil war over the remaining Nike supply would be back in chains immediately. They better hope the Chinks get them first, because the Muslims castrated and killed their niggers when they were done with them.

Ahh, just imagine a world without whitey.

How would you go about eliminating "whiteness" as an institution?

Only three or four black people are killed "extrajudicially by the state" every year. Unless you mean criminals who violently resisted arrest and got shot.

Also how does inequality and unemployment turn someone into a rapist or murderer? Like what's the logic?

Haha 'super jew woman' thats one for the vaults!

>How does inequality and unemployment turn someone into a racist or murderer?

Can you really, really not see the causality here? People who grow in shitty, violent situations, surrounded by crime and desperation, are obviously more likely to become criminals themselves.

>who was already a third-rate Lewis Caroll
You're going to make me flip my lid, boy

On the other hand, at least we can agree that libertarians are shit

Let's take a moment to laugh at libertarians

Poor people in Europe and Asia aren't nearly as violent. Poor white people aren't as violent. Black people, especially young black men, have a propensity for violence.

If they're so desperate to be out of poverty here's what they should do:

>Finish high school.
>Get a job.
>Don't have kids out of wedlock.

Poverty solved.

Don't even waste your time. Bleeding heart libs think all inequality and differences in behavior can be explained away by some sort of intangible systemic this or that.

They don't even consider how blacks wound up as slaves in the first place. Why didn't blacks build ships and guns and buy white slaves from white slavers?

HAUNTED TRIPS

What Europe and Asia are you talking about? Russia is one of the most violent countries in the world and they almost dont have black people there. England almost every year have stories of riots. China and North Korea is in the same level of Russia.

>phenotype influences genotype
go back to /pol/

What the fuck?

He says he's sorry for being sexist and racist in the introduction to Slow Learner.

>screenshot

Preferential option for ethnic minorities based on the fact that they are not white is indeed born from racist thinking.

beautiful

Seems like this thread merely become an argument over the definition of SJW.

>Russia has a murder rate of 9 per 100 000

>The United Kingdom has a murder rate of 1 per 100 000

>China also has a murder rate of 1 per 100 000

>USA has a murder rate of 4 per 100 000

data.worldbank.org/indicator/VC.IHR.PSRC.P5

Here's where it gets fun:

>Detroit has a murder rate of 43.5 per 100 000

>Baltimore has murder rate of 33.8 per 100 000

>Washington DC has a murder rate of 15.9 per 100 000

This information is all available from wikipedia. Black areas in the United States are far more violent than Russia, the UK, and China. "Diverse" cities like Washington are more dangerous than Papua New Guinea (10.4 per 100 000) and Detroit has a higher rate than Columbia (32 per 100 000) I don't think North Korea publishes homicide data.

>tl:dr; African cities in America are literally more dangerous than third world jungles.

You are so dumb it hurts to read your post.

He's a DFW

>England almost every year have stories of riots
lol, in London, which is less than half ethnic British now

>I don't think North Korea publishes homicide data

i don't think north korea has many murderers either

Are they still murderers if they kill for the state?

loving this meme

Exterminating all whites would not count as murder. It'd count as taking out the trash.

>3 or 4

Lmao. Try three hundred.

theguardian.com/us-news/2015/dec/31/the-counted-police-killings-2015-young-black-men

Please research problems before you dismiss them.

police do the god's work

Trump represents the kind of cult of personality and insincerity that he hates so much

read Bleeding Edge

its more than that

Play stupid games with the police and you win stupid prizes.

What people fail to realize or don't want to admit is that europeans have strong religious, and cultural backgrounds and upbringing.

They're not just popped out into a society they feel they don't belong or can't assimilate to (whether their fault or not) they're born and bred in countries with thousands of years of heritage and pride.

Africans meanwhile are lost, don't have any culture, not even their own africa, and the youth rebel against everything around them.

Blacks are a special case whether people want to admit it or not.

>have strong religious, and cultural backgrounds and upbringing.
Europe is a secularized hellscape where God was binned decades ago and any history they do have is shameful to them and can not be replaced by "diverse vibrancy" soon enough. They're self-loathing and feeble creatures without an ounce of their ancestors' great blood.

>Africans don't have culture
ok buddy boyo

First Veeky Forums was overrun by reddit, now it is being overran by tumblr.

>im a suburban white college kid who has never met actual black people

>Every time I read the term 'SJW' my brain automatically swaps it for 'decent, empathetic human being'
top fucking kek

He's right, though. On Veeky Forums, anyone who isn't a complete asshole towards women and minorities gets labeled a SJW.

That's nice. It took a while for you guys to give up on the "social justice warrior like don't even exist" tactic even though it's what you guys called yourselves.

Pynch is a bleeding heart but not a brainwashed faggot.

You're right user, last Friday at our secret SJW meeting we all gave up on that tactic and decided to try something new just to trick you. You got us. Nicely done, user.

In all seriousness. You're fucking retarded.

>yes user you caught me see I'm admitting that I'm a faggot so that means you're off base
lmao. If you hate it here so much then fuck off you dumbass.

I don't hate it here. I just think that you're an idiot.

t. numale cuck

he qualified his answer. This is a blanket statistic which covers all police killings, whether they were just or not. And something like 4 times more white people are killed by police every year.

also
>The guardian

Masterful post. Seriously.
Consider using a tripcode. For reasons, you know.

A lot of SJW are racist in a subtle fashion, and it can be appreciated in their paternalistic points of view, which sometimes even imply that the minorities they're claiming to be defending are completely moronic overall.

>le numale meme

Good rebuttal.

He has a point, you know

it's certainly a more complex issue than either side would like to admit. Race is a factor, but by no means the only one or the most important. Mental illness, for example is involved in over a quarter of killings of unarmed civilians by police. police brutality is a product of shoot first mentality and impunity is widespread regardless of the race of the victim. It's been weird seeing self-professed white 'libertarians' become frothing defenders of police violence pretty much overnight. Here's a good infographic on the subject.

washingtonpost.com/graphics/national/police-shootings-2016/