This board is growing useless

This board is growing useless.

I wish I could find relationships with uncomfortable power imbalances in real life...

Is Veeky Forums better? I might emigrate there.

Veeky Forums is baby brain people going WUTS UR FAVORITE HISTORICAL FIGURE

They are too autistic about distancing themselves from /pol/. It affects their discussion. They unironically embrace marxism and think that Germany is the worst thing ever.

Or maybe you're about done with it.

to you

We need new memes.

Also, the diversification of boards is killing the boards - places that once were lively due to the activity of different kind of threads, were replace by handful of new threads in different boards, making two boring boards out of one fun and active board.

/mu/ crosses over into Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums naturally. Every now and then a surge occurs, and I think we're in the midst of one. They'll either get bored and fuck off back, or adjust to the board culture, or create a new board culture. It's natural.

For the time being, you have to put up with their shitposting.

Veeky Forums is shit now that it's a fast board (well it's not fast, but it definitely isn't slow anymore)

more posters doesn't diversify the board, it just means more of the same threads

we should at least give in and just focus on meming the fuck out though

this thread is the most useless of all though.

why not try to fix the problem rather than making it worse

There is no idea to translate into praxis and all praxis is to the board natives moot. Tell me, when was the last time you have heard of a reform on Veeky Forums?

>useless
>literature
what did you expect?
inb4 some highschoolfag tries to explain why art has non-inherent value

>They unironically embrace marxism and think that Germany is the worst thing ever.
I'm not sure where people get this shit from. The current largest thread on marx is filled with people criticizing it like every other thread about it. Major topics on Veeky Forums are hilter, who is your favorite historical figure, who is the best general, WW2, vague musings, etc. Pretty much what I expected it to be.

I wasn't like this. I remember pre-10,000 get Veeky Forums was full of actual dialogue, but I never went back to the board.

In their defense, Germany has fucked up Europe, the West,and Christendom at nearly every turn. If you care about any of those three things Germany has been a disaster.

It's filled with creationists and /pol/VSnot/pol/ threads now, for some reason

Most of the anti-German shit is just le trolling.

I'm talking from experience, btw

>why not try to fix the problem

you're an idiot. how is calling attention to a problem not trying to fix it? jesus fucking christ stop reading bc however you're doing it, you're doing it wrong.

When /r9k/ got the robot function back

When /pol/ spent like 2 weeks as a wordfiltered and s4s meme filled hellhole

When /v/ was balkanized

fuck u say faggot

An intresting conjecture:
I've noticed that meta-discussions usually preceed the real downfall of any site or a public forum, and, in retrospect, it seems like they appeared out of nowhere - and, perhaps, caused the degeneration, being a sort of self-fulfilling prophecy. But once a place gets self-referential, it's a tell-tale sign that everything is coming to an end, even if it seems that everything is alright. What generally sparks those discussions? Or are they inevitable, and it is just a question of time?

>growing
It's not the board that's growing useless, it's just you who's growing up, user. I feel somewhat the same. It'll be hard to leave this place, since I basically grew up with Veeky Forums, but I feel I must soon. I keep coming back here even though I no longer find it very enjoyable.

This silence is mine.

The only thing growing right now is the thing in my crotch.

the state of Veeky Forums

No, this is definetely not a problem based on differing viewpoints. I have browsed Veeky Forums consistently for about a year or two, and even though it was always meh, it never devolved to this shitty level. It pisses me off how people come to decent boards and deface it. I worry about it happening to other boards I visit, enough that I don't even browse Veeky Forums that much anymore. I really don't have much hope for Veeky Forums anymore, because if there's any other decent posters out there, they must've left after the surge of the repetitive bullshit that plagues us now. I don't think I'm coming back anytime soon. its INFURIATiNG

k bye

checked

?growing

this board has been devoid of good content since Veeky Forums was added

might as well rename it to /marx/ or /dfw/ and leave it rot

Thank God.

Though... It's not rare that nice threads happen and are quickly ruined, despite efforts. It's not easy to counter shitposting simply by ignoring it and trying to engage in nice discussions.
A "higher expected level of discourse", like they say on this other board, wouldn't be a bad thing.

The more time passes, the more it is turning into :

>there is nothing to understand from this author because it's pure gibberish, that's why I've never read anything from this author and never will, and so I can say it's pure gibberish

Stupid and proud of it

It started off well but it's slowly getting worse with the increased traffic. Same as here basically.

such a great point that I hadn't even realised

Veeky Forums has always had meta discussions about board culture. i started in '07 and was there for the great shitstorm of chanology and antichanology. the meme "/b/ was never good" is just one other example

I mean, I sort of agree. Let the board run its course and die.

Board is good -> board gets worse -> people notice it's getting worse and start making meta threads -> board continues its inevitable decline.

growing

Trump 2016

>Holy
>Roman
>Empire

>complains about how he rarely visits a board to browse
>doesn't contribute
>gets mad when others come and do not contribute in meaningful way
>complains

Quality content still surges in Veeky Forums. I just believe we are noticeably approaching the threshold where the truly exceptional posters are a little drowned out by the white noise. It might pass in time, but I hope the newcomers will simply mature.

One of the best indicators of the frequency of newcomers is the e-reader threads. Most of Veeky Forums has already acquired an e-reader years ago or prefers not to have one. I believe only the new posters enjoy those threads since it relates to their new device. I hardly believe it is a bad thing, as I'm sure the excitement and novelty will propel them to read more, but it does change the demographic of the board temporarily.

Expanding head count isn't as big of an issue for me, so long as we retain the newcomers or they leave and fail to be replaced. Experience is our greatest asset as a board.

All the good posters have left

Now the place is filled with /pol/tards and idiots from other boards like /b/ who ask the most obvious questions over and over ("how to get into reading?? where are infographics to tell me what to read?? start with the greeks?? ok what translation of the iliad??"). It's beyond tedious.

Most of the good posters have left because it's apparent 90% of the board doesn't actually read anything, but are just here for circlejerking memes over the same 5-10 books.

It's a real shame compared to what Veeky Forums was even a couple of years ago.

there was a time not so long ago when Veeky Forums was dominated by genre fiction and ayn rand.

is she pregnant

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVdA9t-AOfU