Tfw people eat out more than they dine at home

>tfw people eat out more than they dine at home

Why tho? Are they just lazy fucks or what?

Lazy with disposable income. Yes.

Actually, I'm hearing more often that people actually don't know how to cook. My sis visited some family and they were completely amazed at her ability to cook all sorts of things.

inb4 you need school/degree for cooking

Prettyq much
Sure I can make something quick in 10 minutes but it's going to taste like shit and I'm 24 and single so I'm not going to bother cooking something hard or time consuming.
Cooking is going to really die down in the near future expect ingredients in supermarkets to disappear while new flavors of chips get introduced

I think the "tastes like shit" comes from decades of research into making food "taste better." That and the lack of socializing that came with meals back then

Feminism.

Women would rather work at an office than cook dinner and some nu-males have accepted this therefore they allow her to continue not cooking and the home is more broken.

Nah it doesn't even taste like shit it just tastes completely bland.
I don't want to bother with anything better

Yeah this too
But to be honest dad cooked when I was a kid, I got to eat more and much diverse stuff because of it.
I'm also a mgtow now

I don't know about this meme where cooking at home is cheaper
A mcchicken is $1, a chick fil a sandwhich is $3. A Funk-miester is $3 and fucking comes with chips

I wish i could live that sort of life

i used to live in a place with a cramped tiny ass kitchen so i didn't really like spending time in their.. it was also too small for a table and chairs so i'd have to eat at my computer desk like a fatty

A burger bun, a spoonful of mayonnaise and a patty of reclaimed chicken would come to less than $1

So I should eat that for every meal?

They enjoy throwing their money away

I fell for the on-campus meme my first year at university. Part of my housing plan gave me $400 every 3 months that I could use at campus restaurants so I just got subway 5 days out of the week.

1. People are busy
2. Communal eating

Lots of Asians eat out 4 or 5 times a week.

They don't get fat because they're not dumbass whities that think special fried rice is an entree

You'd be amazed at how many people simply don't know a thing about cooking.

I live with three guys for college, two of which I've known since my freshman year of high school. One lives off of frozen foods, and the other only cooks maybe once or twice a month when he's craving homecooked meals.

I always make a bit extra for them to try because I like comparing their critiques with my own, and they almost always say that it's fantastic. One time I even got a "It's better than the shit you get at the restaurants." which was flattering.

One of the housemates honestly did not know how to work a can opener, and it fucked with me the rest of the day. I could not stop thinking about it.

>How the fuck does someone go twenty years of their life without knowing how to use a can opener?

>Can't use can opener
What does it say about our society that allows for that to happen?

I'm convinced these kinds of posts are bait. What kind of person comes to a cooking board and makes a post like this without being ironic?

Poorfag here.

Tell me where I can get and eat at home for $2
I can go to McDonalds instead and get two McDoubles instead of 1bag of carrots.

Because of shit like beer threads and other things like that.
I never come here for cooking itself

I travel a lot for work, I'm only home 2 days out of the week. anything I buy is just going to spoil so I eat out %90 of the time...it gets old and is expensive as fuck.

If you can't afford 200 a month for food, then you're a faliure. How do you even live off of that shit and try to justify it by saying it's cause its a tiny bit cheaper.

Bag of potatoes, rice, cheap cuts of meat, etc.
The cost of spices can be a bit expensive the first go around, but then it's a tiny cost afterwards.

i cant cook for shit so i eat out a lot. i only really know how to make like 5 things

That's definitely not going to happen. DYI is the norm now, especially with cooking.

I had no access to a kitchen or even a fridge for 3 months once so I lived off free food around campus and cheap Mexican food trucks.

Now that i can finally cook again life feels great.

If you only knew about americas food culture from watching seinfeld you'd think americans never eat anything at home except for the occasional sandwich.

After moving out I cook a lot more. When I lived at home my family would eat out most dinners, my Mom was an okay cook she just didn't like cooking after working all day. I really liked the family dinners eating out, more time to talk with family rather then cooking/dishes/etc