Does anyone here remember in the 90s that nice sushi places started you off with a hot towel to wope your face and...

Does anyone here remember in the 90s that nice sushi places started you off with a hot towel to wope your face and hands before the meal?
That was always so refreshing. I wish more places still did that.

Other urls found in this thread:

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chef-prepared-curry-after-wiping-7745790
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Go to indian restaurants and your wish will be granted

>I want X
>bro you should get Y but with poop

i went to a restaurant that does that as recent as a year ago

granted it was in the netherlands

>le ebic injun food is poo meme lel wew

>wipe your hands and face
>and face
Is this what being triggered is like?

Why the fuck would anyone even want to wope their face or hands before eating?

>Why the fuck would anyone even want to wope their face or hands before eating?
finger foods

But what does wope even mean?

Some authentic places still do that, depending on the family that runs the place.

Because you can eat sushi with your hands.

you should travel on ANA. The Japanese stewardesses hand out little warm towels at the start of the flight..

That fat muthafucka goan wope the shit out that fish. He dont even going for the towel!

They do this at most sit down restaurants in Japan.

what about eating half and keeping it in your hand? It's how I usually eat

it is you fucking poo in loo subhuman

Nope.

I think I will continue to do so anyway

I think for particularly large pieces of sushi, you can finish it in two bites if it won't fit in your mouth whole. That said, yeah, you keep the other piece in your fingers or chopsticks, and finish it once the first bite is done. That's more of an issue outside of Japan, though, as most Japanese chefs should make their sushi bite-sized.

>le generic subhuman ironic shitpost xddd comment

I was in japan for thr last three weeks. I miss that.

Oh man I'm so glad some fuckwipe decided to give me random instructions that are completely arbitrary and vary from location about how I'm supposed to eat a food like I'm a fucking baby or at a place that even cares what I do with my order aside from shiting in my hand and throwing it at other customers my goodness what a lifesaver

shibbolethed a non-white

The Chinese restaurants still do this but it's after the meal.

They got rid of them because fuckwits kept wiping their oily faces with them

>the purpose of this object is to be used in a very specific way and people are using it in that exact fashion welp time to get rid of it

great post amigo

I miss those. They were so comfy and warm.

Still got that in a more high-end price range expat Japanese restaurant.

I wouldn't be surprised if they still did that in various midrange and up restaurants in Japan, too.

Also still happening in various airlines.

Arguably, you could DIY Oshibori for yourself if you more generally just miss these. Ya, if it's not a restaurant service that may be less perfect, but it's not like it's a bad activity to get one of these + coffee at a break at work.

>DIY Oshibori
Long haul truck driver here. I make these in the microwave after a long hot day on the road.
Fucking refreshing.
Could not do this job without my fridge and microwave in the truck.
You gotta treat yourself right on the road.

The reality is eat however you want, just try not to make a mess. It's just food and at the end of the day, as long as you aren't an asshole or disrupting others with your poor eating skills, nobody actually cares how you best enjoy food.

since when do japanese eat with fingers

Take a hike spastic

there's a chinese buffet franchise in canada called mandarin that does it at the end of your meal

dinner is like 30 bucks a person though so fuck that place

X = hot towel
Y = hot towel

Who else loves Japanese culture??

wow I've broken literally every single one of these rules as a habit and I've never had my rice spontaneously explode upon contact with the soy sauce

maybe because I lightly dab the corner in so I can still taste the sushi instead of submerging it in half an inch of soy sauce that i shouldn't have poured because it will just be discarded leftover

Seriously 30$ CAN is all it takes for a restaurant to trigger you. Have you ever been to a non chain restaurant?

only when work is paying

I'm more into the 15-20 dollar bracket dine in pub food because I'm too cheap

It's for your hands only.

GET YOUR FANCY MATHEMATICS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AWAY FROM MY BOARD REEEEE

Kek this

>image.jpg
>REEEEEEEEE
>mlp image
fullautism.avi

mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/chef-prepared-curry-after-wiping-7745790

POO'D IN FOOD

>flyovers get threatened by foreign etiquette because learning new things that isn't shoveling down high fat casseroles into their throats after praying triggers them

Its so refreshing user, you should try it .
You dont know what your are missing.

Oh god it's you again.

Too many rules

More Japanese were living in the United States in the 90s compared to now.

Japan Towns weren't dying left and right in the 90s either.

Chinese and Korean owners just don't care about the fake Japanese food they are serving to you.

>look mom i posted it again

holy shit is that how I'm supposed to use a towel

I had no fucking clue

does it come with a field manual too?

>1 poo has been deposited into your account

Yea because a warm towel kills germs on your hands.

It can

He's right though

made me laugh way more than it should've

>"Don't rub your chopsticks together to remove splinters"
So you're just supposed to eat the splinters? How is that rude?

a lot of chinese places in albany ny still do that, though it's usually after the meal.

>on Veeky Forums
>expecting anyone to remember the 90s

>Yea because a warm towel kills germs on your hands.
It's usually beyond boiling hot. They should be steaming hot, even superheated steam hot, so they arrive warm enough to be steaming when opened.

Google "hot towel machine" and towel scent to see where this is a pretty common thing.

I think on airlines, where I've had them all my life in First and Business, they are usually scented with lemon verbena most of the time. I find in restaurants with ribs, you'll get the packeted paper hot towels for end of meal most of the time. I've seen cold towels offered post-tennis, post-golf in resorts, when you turn in your keys or something, especially if there is a restaurant to relax in afterwards. It's refreshing.

>She said: "In the kitchen under the double sinks [they] found an empty plastic milk bottle which was extremely dirty and was covered with brown fingerprints.

>"When asked, Mr Chowdhury explained he filled the bottle with water from the kitchen taps and used it to clean his bottom after visiting the toilet.

>cultural reasons.
im LMAOing at their culture.

Is this why indians constantly have diarrhea? I always figured it was cuz their diet had 0 fiber.

no it's because their water is unsanitary but they drink it anyways for cultural reasons.

We used to go to this (Moroccan?) place where they would pour warm rosewater scented water from a pitcher way above our heads over our hands outstretched over a big copper bowl.
Then, rolled towels.

This.

I live in Japan, and pretty much all restaurants do the towel thing, it's wonderful. 90% of American Japanese restaurants are owned by Koreans or Chinese, and are fake as fuck.

And my mates STILL let Indians prepare their food, even after pointing out the fact they use their hands to wipe their arse

>there is a difference between japanese, koreans and chinese meme
lol

Did a study abroad in Japan, we had a food class. There was a presentation on Japanese food etiquette for fine dining. Lady comes in and explains tons of esoteric etiquette. The class was horrified, so the regular teacher, a very old and classy gentleman, stepped forward to give his thoughts.

"I am amazed and embarrassed to hear all these things" and then "I did not know that it was strange to mix wasabi with soy sauce, I always do it when I eat." He used this set phrase several times, with various pedantic customs. He managed to tell the class that all that difficult etiquette was not normal, even for an old person. And he did it without insulting the guest teacher. All in a language he barely spoke.

That fucker had class.

Basically all this stuff is practiced by a few nerds in Japan, and is preached to the west as the way Japan does it. Sure, if you are eating with the emperor, or the president of your company, do this shit, but otherwise literally nobody gives a fuck.

The one real rule of eating in Japan is to not be the loud guy that everybody else stares at.

he was just saving face for you guys

Pretty much this

Weebs have no idea how important face is for Azns

Asian businessmen will literally hire fake "assistants" to be bad at chopsticks when eating with Westerners because any loss of face for any party to a transaction can sabotage the deal before it's signed

this is wrong

pajeet, my son

sushi....

Wait that towels isn't for my dong?

I don't think heat is a good thing for your penis.

After all, your dick evolved by dropping the balls away from your body since heat isn't good for sperm production.

>hot towel
>put on dong
>jelq under the table while waiting for food

That's the way of the road

But hot towel on dongus feel so nice

pretty sure that actively trying to lengthen your penis in the presence of japanese men is a hate crime

>he doesn't eat his 'soosh with a fork and knife the way god intended
ishygddt

>not knowing how to make a fee-fee

have you ever even been to jail?

LMMAO KEKED

>fee-fee
Wat

kek XD
upvoted

mild kek

wope the heck is a fee fee?

You were supposed to wipe your face?

It's what Jews charge for making money

Still, doesn't kill germs. I like the hot towel thing in restaurants, but always make sure to wash my hands before eating.

No. No you were not.

>Asian businessmen will literally hire fake "assistants" to be bad at chopsticks when eating with Westerners
I need a source on this because it sounds fucking hilarious

Wope your face and hands you filthy mong

I'm confused