How high are ice sheets like this generally above the water line? I'm trying to get a sense of scale

How high are ice sheets like this generally above the water line? I'm trying to get a sense of scale

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

7 what? You need a unit of measure to go with a number or its meaningless.

7 7

After knowing the height, we only need to figure out what polynomial describes the fringe of the ice sheet, and then we can integrate to figure out its volume.

Not high enough, nigga.

I hate you so God damn much. If I could harness my hatred for you into an explosion to kill you with it would be equivalent to a 400 mega ton nuclear bomb. The mushroom cloud itself would be shaped with my hatred into a giant dick that I would forcibly use to annally penetrate you while drinking your blood. So many men and women would die in this explosion that their hatred for my hatred would generate another bomb so big it would consume the planet like a super nova of hatred. And as my atoms of energy left my body from the eventual destruction from the blast and I floated out into the vastness of space i would continue to hate you...

during the miocene ice age, sheets across america, were like a mile high.

They get stupidly tall, and heavy. Antarctica is actually depressed by the ice sheet weight it's continental crust by meters.

So when the Ice sheets finally melt, it will rise again.

Damn brah, that's some deep hatred.

There have been like 3 questions answered in this thread so far, none of which are OP's

But OP surely wants to know how many hydrogen atoms there are with a square mile of ice sheet (among other things). Don't you, OP?

The picture is interesting. It seems both depressing as fuck, yet serene at the same time.

This guy has the right idea - I'm pretty sure you'd have to calculate the final integral placement of the sigma position in the fourth order polynomial in order to get anywhere with this, but it would give you what you're looking for.
I recommend this, it'll probably give you a good starting point: youtube.com/watch?v=SrU9YDoXE88

The picture would be great for the cover of a calculus book.

It depends on a lot of things. it can be a few inches or hundreds of meters depending on where you are

>The picture is interesting. It seems both depressing as fuck
>Antarctica is actually depressed by the ice sheet weight it's continental crust by meters

Lol. Literally "depressing as fuck" indeed.

>How high are ice sheets like this generally above the water line?
90% of an ice sheet is below the water
So 1/10th of its overall thickness, I guess

Antarctica is an average of 3 kilometres above sea level, and is 98% covered by the ice sheet. The actual continent is often well below sea level, by as much as 2.5 kilometers in places

Can't that be kinda approximated by how the fringe looks like? I guess experts on ice sheets could do that easily.

about 7. the waters about a 3 for reference

That's a hate of about 7

Imagine the hate if it was 8.

7 w.r.t the lebesgue measure.

I see a recurring integral theme in this thread. Does OP's picture imply integrals subliminally?

If you go to the edge of an ice sheet, it might be 100m above sea level. If you travel down the coast a few km, it might be 10m

>Antarctica
>when the Ice sheets finally melt, it will rise again.
so what you're saying is that the South will, literally, "rise again"?