What's the strongest beer you've ever had/seen?

What's the strongest beer you've ever had/seen?

I hear this Brewmeister Snake Venom is the strongest beer at 67.5%, but they achieve it by freezing it to remove water. I wonder what the highest abv beer is without using this method.

Got a bottle of pic related for my birthday a couple years ago. Pretty sure it's the highest abv beer made using traditional brewing methods.

Christmas in Pennsylvania is a special kind of drunk.

67.5 isnt a beer desu

Do you think 11% is out of the ordinary?

No.

That set up is fucking bitchin. Do they still sell these? I don't even know if I actually like sam adams I just want to see one of these in person.

considering it's not distilled, it officially is a beer
I agree with you tho

Champagne yeast is usually used to make barleywine. The stuff dies somewhere around 14% abv. So the strongest beer you can make using traditional methods would be in that neighborhood.

freeze distillation should count

I saw one like 2 years ago. They're 200$ a piece, but I guess sales reps and stuff all get a bottle for themselves. Apparently SA breaks even with that stuff, they just do it to do it

came here to post this. 27% abv

second would probably be avery tweak, which I think got up to around 19% a couple years ago

had a meme-free 18% once. wasn't bad but who wants to spend over an hour drinking the same pint of beer? faster than that is teenager tier for something that strong.

That's why I rarely drink heavy beers anymore. It takes me way to long. Pale ales and pilsners all day.

>he drinks pale ale
>he doesn't drink stouts

user, I

There are newer yeasts on the market with which you can push it to more like 20% or so. I've hit like 18% with homebrewed wine and I'm a total noob.

freeze distillation concentrates the methanol. I hope they had no form of fruit pectin in the wash. That's headache in a bottle.

Who wants to drink 18% beer though? To my taste it's over heavy after about 9%.

Those turbos taste like someone swept up a garage floor and fermented it.

I used to drink stouts and porters mostly, but every time I want a beer I just want something refreshing now and pale ales are pretty damn refreshing. Sorry brah

I like craft beer and fancy beers but I've never had one that was actually really "good" compared to a simple german pils.

Yeah... I like to try a variety of these whenever I see them on the shelves but I find the higher alcohol % makes it unpleasent to drink for the stronger ones.

THEY'RE ALWAYS EXPENSIVE AND NOT ACTUALLY GOOD

Nigga I had brewdog's Tokyo when it was 18,2%. It surely didn't take me one fucking hour to drink. It was delicious. You sound gay.

For a strong beer like that you're normally sipping it out of a ~30cL brandy snifter, not necking a pint.

that's my point - that it doesn't take that long, but it should because drinking at my normal pint speed means I am consuming the equivalent of a bottle of wine in 20 minutes. a good way to end up too drunk if you have more than one.

Had a 17% ABV beer today.
Tasted like candy and was difficult to drink.
Might have paired better with dessert, but I didn't have desert so it was horrible.
I think it was Dogfish's Higher Math.

Its still the same miniscule amount of methanol.

this cunt is, what, 16.8%? perfect. literally drinking silk. not syrupy, but actually really great body.

The strongest I've had is Dogfish Head's 120 minute IPA. They range from 15-20%.

It was so boozy tasting it really didn't even feel like I was drinking beer. It tasted more like cognac light or something. It was interesting, but it's more the kind of thing you drink once just say you've had it. I honestly didn't think it was that great. And as many people in the thread have already said before, anything with an abv that high really isn't even 'beer' anymore even if the brewing method is the same.