How does gold/silver tank so hard while the stock market also tanks?

I'm a crypto head but do have some small percentage in metals. I'm not overly concerned and understand the gold and silver market is heavily manipulated by futures, but damn, stock market is getting hit hard and gold and silver are barely budging. Anybody have an explanation?

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2018/01/29/us-regulators-to-fine-ubs-deutsche-bank-hsbc-for-spoofing-and-manipulation-sources.html
reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-settlement-gold/deutsche-bank-to-pay-60-million-to-settle-u-s-gold-price-fixing-case-idUSKBN13R2N1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because gold and silver are just like dirt and sand except sand is more valuable now

People are flleing in gold and silver because somehow they think its more stable.
Mining companies stocks also sometimes perform well in a bear market

Manipulation?

because
stock market is correlated to fiat
when stock market goes down, fiat goes up, and when fiat goes up, metals go down

This. Gold used to move inverse to the equity market. Something is up.

Because the precious metals market is M A N I P U L A T E D

I don't know how you Veeky Forums normies don't understand this. They've already have CONFIRMED court cases where central banks where talking with each other talking about rigging silver and gold prices and who would hold the loss for the day while the others gained .

Both silver and gold are monetary metals but silver behaves more like a commodity than gold. That said, silver is going to fluctuate with industrial supply and demand. For the most part, commodities haven't done too well in the past few years.

As for gold, you should hold it as a hedge against a cash position. With all the quantitative easing and increased debt in the financial system, the gold will protect your purchasing power if a financial asset price crash followed by a central bank reflation occurs.

So why isn't gold going up? It's not going up because there is inadequate demand for it. In a crazy way, it'll go up when it starts going up. That is, people will chase the price upward if it looks like a good "game."

I have no solid idea what near-term event will trigger the price to go upward a whole lot. But I am fairly certain that a market correction followed by a very likely central bank reflation attempt is something that can be hedged with gold. Just consider what will happen to the pension funds if stock prices crash and the central banks don't reflate the bubble. I don't believe the central banks will ever allow a deflationary spiral to occur.

Whales accumulating son

Because it's just a shiny fucking rock dumb ass.

>Paper gold
>GLD ETF
>NY Jews
>literally the Fed,buying up EQUITY (look up Richard Fisher)
>FED is majority owner in all giant tech stocks
>literally holding up the Dow
>their tribesmen at Goldman etc buy gold when the market goes up so it doesnt drop to an appealing price
>tribesmen sell gold during corrections so you have no alternative
>(((GLD)))

>They've already have CONFIRMED court cases where central banks where talking with each other talking about rigging silver and gold prices and who would hold the loss for the day while the others gained
Source?

It's the dollar that is going up. Hard to say how long it will. People believe in rising interest rates and that's good for the dollar.

>thinks we're experiencing deflation
The dollar loses value every year brainlet. The difference of late re: gold is it been moving together with the market, instead of against.

I miss old Veeky Forums, this post reminded me of it. Here's a (you) bro.

cnbc.com/2018/01/29/us-regulators-to-fine-ubs-deutsche-bank-hsbc-for-spoofing-and-manipulation-sources.html

reuters.com/article/us-deutsche-bank-settlement-gold/deutsche-bank-to-pay-60-million-to-settle-u-s-gold-price-fixing-case-idUSKBN13R2N1

Metals are not that scarce if you think about it. The only numbers we have on the max weight of gold in the world is just an educated guess. And if we ever need more gold we'll tractor some asteroids from space at some point.

crypto is actually rare though, will be interesting to see all the goldniggers flip to btc when it reaches the 21m cap

In 2008 silver went from over $20 to $8 as the credit crises worsened. When everyone is losing tons of money they aren't going to go out and buy silver and gold.

....Yeah, and then it proceeded to go on it's largest bull run in history.

I never said otherwise brainlette.

That the dollar will depreciate over time is irrelevant, for now it will increase in value, as the market is expecting rising interest rates and rising interest rates will increase the value of the dollar, since most dollars are held as bonds, and the higher the interest rate, the higher the yield for bonds, and the higher demand for dollars, and so it goes.

I understand this is difficult for brainlettes to understand but that's how it works.

That gold moves "with the market" is no news. If the market goes down everyone will cash out and that's bad for gold, short term.

I remember saying this previously, before it happens. If the market goes down, or people think it will, everyone will want to sit with cash, so they can enter at a lower level. That's how everyone prepare for a crash, they cash in. Not complicated, unless you're a brainlette, and you clearly are.

Gold and other precious metals aren't a safe harbor anymore, they're just commodities with a nostalgia aspect.

>t.brainlet

This is wrong.
All the silver and gold belongs to God. Do you think God bends to mans rule?
They are everlasting unlike you and your vanity they will die along with your body but the metal you speak of will last forever.