Is there a more overrated food? Why is beef steak so popular? It doesn't even taste that good. Lamb...

Is there a more overrated food? Why is beef steak so popular? It doesn't even taste that good. Lamb, pork and chicken are all objectively superior.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_au_poivre
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauce_Bourguignonne
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why do Italians make their steaks well done? In my country this is a great offence

well done is objectively better. rare/medium is just a bloody mess with more watery flavour.

t. genetic italian

>Why is beef steak so popular?
A holdover from American immigration, where eating beef (let alone tender cuts) were a sign of higher class to be able to afford.

Kind of like how American Italian food is hearty as fuck. It was a sign of prosperity to include that much meat.

pic related is most overrated food

>well done
Enjoy your tough dry block of shit.

Also calling anything objectively better or worse than something that is completely subjective makes you sound like a stuck up cunt.

>Pork
>Better then beef

>bloody
how's your first day on Veeky Forums going retard? there is no blood in red meat, it's drained before being shipped. It's called myoglobin.

I only like steak when it's been bathed in salt and pepper and left to sit for 4-5hours before cooking.

Correct.
Neither is better than the other. All meats are delicious when properly prepared. Even the "worst" cut of any meat can be properly utilized to make something delicious.

t.autist

Not the same user
>uneducated pleb

>pic related is most overrated food
QFT

I've cooked plenty of medium and medium-rare steaks with no blood running out.

>Objectively

t.retard
Why are you even here?
On a cooking board?
When you know absolutely nothing about cooking?

>well done is objectively better. rare/medium is just a bloody mess with more watery flavour.t. genetic Italian

Bullshit. Let your fuckin' meat rest properly.

Actual Italian

Filet is one of the best flavors I've ever had, and nice restaurants do lesser cuts very well too.

Lobster is much more overrated than steak.

>t. genetic italian

meaning you're a fat guido from Jersey?

Never had filet but I've heard it's one of the mildest steaks in terms of flavour and that the appeal is its tenderness.

That's true to some extent, but a good one still *tastes* wonderful. There are a few French dishes and maybe a couple other dishes I like better, but a good filet is a legit top 10 meal.

is this bait?

>bloody
There is no blood left in any steaks, that red juice is not blood
>watery flavour
That's called meat with actual juices left intact, as opposed to a dry hunk of leather.

t.assblasted beef cucks

Triggered.

Shit is delicious.

>objectively superior
I think you mean "subjectively".
Same to this post

I prefer pepper sauce with my steak.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steak_au_poivre

i like chimmichurri, bearnaise, and bordalaise

beef just tastes of dust, no matter how it is cooked
>inb4 seasoning
>kill yourself seasoncucks

... and why not bourguignon sauce.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauce_Bourguignonne

Hate to reply to a thread that's basically "my opinion is different than yours" but I kind of agree with OP.
Ive been to numerous parties where its "bring your own meat to grill" and had many different varieties of steak, side by side with burgers, sausages, chicken, etc.
The steak is never any better than the burgers. Its stringy, gristly, bony, requires a fork and knife to eat, ends up stuck in your teeth, seems difficult to get just right. You'll get called a fag no matter the result, doneness, and what condiment or topping you choose. Its at least triple the price, much more effort, and just not as good as a properly made burger.
I really wanted to love steak, but in a practical sense, its just not worth it. Fuck your steak!

that's good too

T bone? I havent had that in years, i wonder why people do?

>Also calling anything objectively better or worse than something that is completely subjective makes you sound like a stuck up cunt.
This is why i fucking hate the word "overrated". It's pretty much stating that other peoples opinions are wrong and that yours is right, even though the matter is completely subjective.

>steak with 3 salsas
>zero salsas present

Great

worcestershire, you faggots

It's many childrens first "grown up" food, so naturally they overrated it to fucking shit

It's such a shit tier piece of food

i dont know it is. well done tastes bland. rare tastes watery and the coldness cuts the flavour. medium is so warm and tasty.

ACHTUNG

WE HAVE SHIBBOLETHED VEGANS IN THIS THREAD

REMEMBER THAT ANYTHING ANYONE POSTS AGAINST BEEF
IS FROM A >>>CONFIRMED

>>well done
>Enjoy your tough dry block of shit.

you obviously have no idea how to cook a well-done steak. A properly cooked well done steak should still be moist, tender, and flavorful, just like any roasted piece of meat.

It actually takes a tremendous amount of skill to be able to cook a well done steak that isn't the dry, tough, hockey puck feeling POS that most people associate with well done meat. Basically, if your well done steak is tough and dry, then you aren't very good at cooking steak.

Any pleb-tier home cook can do a good mid-rare ribeye, but only those with expert skills can cook a tender, juicy, well done steak. Get gud, senpai.

dry brining is a great way to bring out the best flavors in any piece of meat. good on ya, Monica

'Well done still isn't cooked enough for my tastes.

I always asked for it to be prepared 'trop cuit'.

I'm vegetarian these days tho.

any beef really.
when eating stake it's not even the meat's taste but the sauce.

A truly great Ribeye or Tenderloin melts in your mouth, both the rich beef flavor and small morsels of cow fat make it exquisite.

Nothing wrong with loving steak.

And chicken is absolute poverty tier food. It doesn't compare to any other animal protein. It is literally last place.

100% agree. People went way too nuts about bacon.

It's occasionally good with breakfast, and THAT IS IT.

FUCK YOU.

Well done eaters should be scorched from this earth!

What is the best sauce or gravy for steaks and chicken and other kind of food?

I used to really like the gravy that comes from roast rump and food like that but after tasting bearnaisesauce I really like that much better because it works with steaks, chicken, bread, potato and so many other things and you don't need at huge steak to make it.

you should honestly blow your brains out