>Muh IQ is too low for STEM
>Muh IQ is so high because of y
>Does IQ correlate with x?
>200 pg thread debating Bertrand's paradox
>200 pg thread debating fruit math
>Muh degree is better than yours
>Hypothetical stupid questions
>Do my homework

At first I thought this board was interesting and full of intellectuals discussing their work and interests. Now I see that you guys are just a bunch of tards.

yes

if you want quality discussion, go somewhere else

It seems to me you've lurked for long enough that you can actually recognize the most common kinds of baits and shitposting.

If you don't like it, you're free to create a thread about something you find worthy of "intellectual discussion"

You forgot to add threads that people shit out just to bitch about stuff that triggers them.

Nice blog post faggot, why the fuck are you expecting anything from Veeky Forums?

Agreed. Hang around math stack exchange and math overflow for better mathematical discussions.

Keep in mind the target audience for this board are seniors in high schools to sophomores in college. There are only but a few graduate students here.

protip: Those are containment boards for crossboarders. This one is too.

>8 million replies omitted. Click here to view.

> containment board
nice meme

I find it interesting the fact that the scientific board is one full of shitposts and stupid threads. Like, scientists are supposed to be serious and shit.

/thread

OP here with some clarification. Of course some shitposting comes with the territory of Veeky Forums. I was just hoping this board would have more original shitposts in addition to some interesting discussions.

Is that too much to ask for?

Congrats you beginning to notice what Veeky Forums is about.

2 years ago it was okay. I left for a bit and when I came back, things had gone to shit. But that also applies to many other boards on 4chin. [spoiler]I blame reddit

>Conversation I had on Veeky Forums
>tell people you don't need to be a genius to do Physics
>have 135 iq
>at the time was just starting my phd
>get told I will not finish my degree
>get told 135 iq is idiot iq
>"real math"
>"conceptual thinking"
>experimental physics is for people who cannot do theoretical work
That's when I realized Veeky Forums is garbage

Been here since it's inception. it was never 'ok'. Only rarely do you have actual math discussions in /SQT/ or the advanced math threads or some random thread that sparks good mathematical depth. 99% of the time the discussions are shit.

Like said this board's target audience is 16-19 year olds.

>Been here since it's inception. it was never 'ok'. Only rarely do you have actual math discussions in /SQT/ or the advanced math threads or some random thread that sparks good mathematical depth. 99% of the time the discussions are shit.

Some of the shitposting was humorous though. Nowadays it's just lowhanging fruit and Flat-Earthers (which is sometimes funny)

Veeky Forums is at a much lower level for Veeky Forums stuff than Veeky Forums is for Veeky Forums stuff.

STEM is just full of fuckloads of young dumb & full of cum guys, who have committed themselves to a major and therefore to some extent a lifestyle and career. They're looking to feel like it's more than the busywork they do on weekdays. It's understandable, but the downside is that Veeky Forums is filled with first year undergrads with 30,000 opinions about STEM shit and their majors and the desire to have AUTHORITY AND PRESTIGE like a SCIENTIST.

I wish we could ban anyone under 21 from posting on this board. You are talking to kids born in 1998, 1999, 2000.

Reddit has better scientific discussion you idiot

>muh board is full of shit threads

Both my IQ and EQ is low.

Yeah but I doubt there's much intersection between the redditors who add something positive to /r/sci and those who like to jackass around on Veeky Forums for the lulz

Better than /g/ at least, discussion variety wise

12 inch iq reporting

You've been here for 7 years and yet you're claiming that the board is shit? Care to explain?

Looks like our banter serves its purpose, i.e. to keep the pop sci retards out.