Is it really worth it to get an aeropress or pour over with an electric kettle, instead of using a drip coffee maker?

Is it really worth it to get an aeropress or pour over with an electric kettle, instead of using a drip coffee maker?

I want to step up my game.

no it's for dumb memers.

buy a $17 drip coffeemate without any of the front facing auto shut offs and timer bullshit.

keep it clean that's all you need to do so I would buy a hand brush so you can brush the basket.

Some people prefer a metal basket ($10) over the replaceable filters. I prefer the filters.

Don't fall for the coffee memes.

no it's not for dumb memers.

I have both and they are leaps and bounds beyond a drip maker. That is, if you're willing to spend more time in the morning getting your fix.
If you really want to step up your game, you need good equipment.

THE MOST IMPORTANT equipment is your grinder. The entry-level automatic grinder is the Baratza Encore. The entry-level manual grinder is imho Hario Skerton (it is not perfect though. Buy the upgrade kit for better results)

Although the aeropress is great for traveling, especially quick cups and ease of use, I prefer the pour over for it's taste. It also looks cool on my countertop.

Pourovers REQUIRE a gooseneck kettle. Do not listen to anyone who says otherwise. If you want good coffee, you have to do things right.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

I use my pour over and good coffee on days off when I have more time to myself. I love it. The process is kind of fun too.

>coffeemate
V60 is cheaper

>Pourovers REQUIRE a gooseneck kettle.
No they don't. They require basic motorskills that allow you to not pour the entire contents of the kettle at once and do so in a spiral motion.

>v60

2016, and still not using a v70

Disgusting.

>I like bitter coffee

Drip coffee is disgusting. It often will over extract the grounds the middle and cause the ones on the outside area where the water doesn't directly hit to be under extracted.

It's worth it if you're drinking good quality coffee roasted recently and ground on the spot

Don't listen to retards telling you the brewing method or grinder will turn shit beans into Panama geisha roasted yesterday, looking at you Starbucks-loving britbongs

>"You should try some [instant coffee] dissolved in scalded whole milk with some sugar, it's actually quite good, a small miracle of food science." Fatman McMurrica - 2016

Never forget.

>mfw drinking filtered coffee with blended in food supplement

Holy shit.

Correct, instant coffee is easier and far cheaper than buying shitbeans and running them though an autistical brewing process like a cargo cultist who thinks the good taste came from the gear. It's like buying a fancy weeb sword to cut up frozen Vietnamese tilapia fillets for sushi. Bongs will insist it's totally better, people who know the difference will just laugh.

The people who invented instant coffee did all that hard work so you can just ignore them. Why? Your dumb rituals aren't doing anything.

I want /pol/ to leave

No it's like comparing supermarket-grade sushi made of fish to supermarket-grade sushi made with surimi. One is bad sushi, the other is even worse sushi but also a processed piece of ass.

What does /pol/ have to do with any of that?

Right. They are both fucking nasty so why spend the extra effort trying to turn crap into something good? I'm less sketched out by sketchy surumi than I am by a spicy tuna roll made of expired fish rectum and mayonnaise. But some people think if you serve that on handmade urushi trays it turns into jiro-tier fine dining

Meh.. All I drink is usually folgers french roast in a cheap drip maker. But if I have some extra money I like to buy pic related. Its really really good coffee for keurig tier

My brother stayed with me for a couple weeks and drank all 50 of these tully k cups and I wanted to kill him. Shits expensive.

Step aside

Invest in a grinder and a kitchen scale before the kettle.

Get a high end drip machine.