Has Veeky Forums ever tried to run a food business and failed?

Has Veeky Forums ever tried to run a food business and failed?
I recently had to close down my food truck. Its especially bad because my food was amazing, and I failed due to a lack of imagination

>Food truck selling burgers, hot dogs, fries, baked potato, pasta and a few other things
>happily stay up all night for drunk passers by, high chance for me to succeed I think
>However, struggle to make my menu sound enticing
>Am selling spicy food because I believe it appeals to drunks
>My menu is 'Firecracker Baked Potato, Firecracker Cheeseburger, Firecracker Hamburger, Firecracker Fries, Firecracker Spaghetti, Firecracker Dog, Firecracker Curly Fries, Firecracker Salad, Firecracker Curry Sausage, Firecracker Double Cheeseburger, Firecracker Triple Cheeseburger, Firecracker Double Hot Dog, Firecracker Fries Salad, Firecracker Tuna Pasta, Firecracker Supreme Pizza, Firecracker Raw Garlic, Firecracker Pumpkin Seeds and Firecracker Special Dip'
>Couldn't think of a better word than firecracker and wanted to keep a consistent theme
>After a few people visit and things go well, I start to struggle inexplicably
>Isn't the food, food is great
>conduct some market research
>find people in the street the next day
>ask them wearing a hood if they would reccommend my food truck
>they all say no
>a few comment on the menu
>"Its going to have a Firecracker Bankruptcy soon enough"
>"Everything they sell is 'Firecracker' so I guess it is appropriate the owner is basically burning his money"
>"Is the owner not native or is he just a creepy arsonist weirdo?"
>decide to make changes
>change my menu
>rename a few things
>rename the firecracker Cheeseburger 'American Hot Cheeseburger', the hot dogs 'American Hot Hot Dog' and the pasta 'Italian Sunburn Spaghetti' as well as a few other names
>too late at this point
>nobody interestedanymore

Man, it fucking sucks right? Its a tough industry I guess. Anyone else experienced similar?

hahahaha

repost of this
you for real op?

Yes I would like to discuss business failures, I wasn't sure if here or Veeky Forums was more appropriate

to think if you've made a thread asking for food names on Veeky Forums, you'll still be in business now

>my food was amazing
Why did people say they wouldn't recommend your truck then?

I'm considering starting an ice cream food truck, seems like it'll have a stupidly generous profit margin, and easy to scale up expenses with income and minimize risk. I can start filling pints and gallons out of my house and selling out of a makeshift stand (total investment: cost of larger mixers, etc), upgrade to local delivery or food truck (extra investment: cost of food truck), then if things are going well maybe upgrade to a storefront. Worst case I sell the food truck and take a bit of a loss, but seems like my risk is almost definitely

Mother fucker, if a food truck sells good food, I'm going to eat there. I don't care what your place is called; Fuck, call it Dick Suckers United Hotdogs and Sausages and is still eat there if the food was good.

This.
I don't really care what a food truck or restaurant is called, as long as the food is good. You could call it "I Hate You To Death user Anonerson" (place my name there), and I'd still eat the food if it was really good.

That said, it does sound like you had a rather boring-sounding menu. Why don't you keep the truck, get a job and save some money, re-group, and try it again? The nice thing about food trucks is that they are much cheaper to get off the ground than an actual brick and mortar establishment. Learn from your failure, and try again!!

It's not just food trucks, I see a lot of restaurants also go under because the investment is too weak, bad business planning, concept that's either too vanilla (Dallas has too many taco trucks and restaurants to go on tacos alone), too unique (frozen nitrogen ice cream on a food truck didn't sit well with the Fire Dept.), or the location sucks.

It's a tough business.

Is this a fucking joke? Why do you just put "firecracker" in front of everything? And why are you selling pizza, burgers, fries, salads, pasta, hot dogs, and raw garlic all out of the same food truck? How do you even do the prep for all of that?

I bet it tasted like shit. Food trucks need to keep to small, simple menus.

you sold way too many things, your food was probably shit other people besides yourself. ever watch a kitchen nightmares episode where the proud owner thinks their food is great, but it's actually shit? you were that guy.

the trick nowadays is to go niche
you need to sell something no else does

>Is this a fucking joke? Why do you just put "firecracker" in front of everything? And why are you selling pizza, burgers, fries, salads, pasta, hot dogs, and raw garlic all out of the same food truck? How do you even do the prep for all of that?
>I bet it tasted like shit. Food trucks need to keep to small, simple menus.

This. You need to be the best hot dog OR burger OR taco OR whatever truck. Find out what you're best at, cook that, throw on some sides and serve only that.

>ITT
>retards take the bait

op show us some pics of your food/menu

Maybe you should have just focused on doing 2-3 things REALLY REALLY well and then hyping the crap out of them to turn your food-truck into some sort of meme rather than try and make everything that a drunk person could possibly want. I think you tried to cater to their tastes rather than make something you liked that your audience would end up liking too.

It almost sounded real until the end, but still a great laugh.

>no ringburn rissoles
>no shitstain sandwich
>no snakebite sundae

It's like you subconsciously wanted your truck to fail

I'm a huge flamer so if I tried to run a food business I'd end up shoving everything up my bum after closing time heeheehee

A kitchen full of cucumbers, zucchini, carrots, eggplant, and the like? Check please!!!

Kek

Meme thread with bait or not, I have a serious question:

If I were to treat something like Jiro treated sushi, would people hate me here in America? If I only made things my way (the best way I could) and only accepted reservations and served them properly, do you think people would go simply for the exclusivity?

I seriously want to do this for barbecue. A legitimate, slow smoked barbecue place that is not so much upscale as it is just perfect. Like, there will be courses instead of getting everything at once. Higher priced because of the "elitism." Plus, I don't need a large place.

I have been wanting to test the waters with small time catering. Not even joking, this has been puttering around in my mind.

Chicago pizza

No. Fuck pizza. Might as well dip bread in marinara.

only if it tastes amazing.

Your idea has been done before in asia

food trucks are the biggest fucking memes and anything I've eaten from one is never worth a return trip.

of course it will.

it will also have to be perfect though

I know it has to be perfect, but at the same time I never measure anything I do with smoked meat. All the spices are eyeballed and while I do keep the time, I get it off the smoker when I feel it's done with a few years of experience doing this.

People tell me it's amazing, so I guess my stuff is as perfect as I can get it.

OP, you would likely find more custom between say 11:00 to 14:00 and 16:00 to 18:00 than you would by staying open all night.

In the UK, a lot of our 'food trucks' concentrate on breakfast items, and do most of their trade between 06:00 and 10:00.

>"Its going to have a Firecracker Bankruptcy soon enough"

Dude, you got rekt. Learn from your mistakes and try again.